[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All I care about is aesthetics, I dont actually care about the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: goals_volume_rep_schemes.png (13KB, 539x351px) Image search: [Google]
goals_volume_rep_schemes.png
13KB, 539x351px
All I care about is aesthetics, I dont actually care about the number I lift.

That being the case what rep scheme should I use to build the most mass? I am a recovering /fat/ who does a lot of cardio workout but very little weight training other than very light, high rep basic stuff (curls, Kettle bell squats, push-ups).
>>
>>42783171
If I remember rightly studies have shown that the biggest factor contributing to hypertrophy is volume. So whatever you choose, just do lots of it
>>
The stronger you are, the more weight you can put up. The more weight you put up, the more your body will adapt to the weight. Hypertrophy is a side-effect of strength. That being said, just balance intensity and volume and have high exercise selection and you'll be golden.
>>
>>42783188
>he believes the SS meme
>>
>>42783178
hypertrophy Isn't useful though
>>
>>42783171
At least 3 sets of 8+ reps.
>>
For Hypertrophy:

>If hypertrophy is the goal, the weight just needs to be heavy enough. It is often said
that the 8-12 rep range is the ideal rep range for hypertrophy but in fact there’s nothing
magical about this range. It’s just a convenient range to accumulate volume.

>Lower intensity work (12-15 rep range) will also induce hypertrophy although it is
less efficient on a set by set basis. However, it is still beneficial to use lighter loads to
theoretically give fibers with a high endurance capacity more stimulation, and there is
certainly an argument to be made that training with lighter loads at points is good for
connective tissue health, offering a break while still providing a training stimulus.

>It’s important to not forget the usefulness of high intensity (1-6 rep range) strength
work even if the main goal is hypertrophy. Getting stronger is important for progressive
overload. When you’re stronger, you can use heavier weights which allows you to do
more volume more easily, so it is a good idea to include some heavy work as well.

>Put this all together and here are practical recommendations for intensity for hypertrophy:

>Perform 2/3-3/4 of your volume in the 6-12 RM range, and the other 1/4-1/3 in the
lower rep higher intensity (1-6 RM) and higher rep lower intensity ranges (12-15RM).

("The Muscle and Strength Pyramid Training", by Eric Helms, Andy Morgan, Andrea Valdez).
>>
>>42783382
Fuck, I greentexted like shit. Well it's still understandable.
>>
>>42783292

>>42783171

He said:

>All I care about is aesthetics, I dont actually care about the number I lift.
>>
File: 1504107676355.png (30KB, 700x965px) Image search: [Google]
1504107676355.png
30KB, 700x965px
>>42783188
what if I told you strength was actually a side effect of hypertrophy?

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/powerlifters-should-train-more-like-bodybuilders/
>>
>>42783473
Post the one where he's getting fucked in the ass.
>>
File: weak daily dose.gif (6KB, 329x302px) Image search: [Google]
weak daily dose.gif
6KB, 329x302px
>>42783503
i just got unbanned, this is the best i can do
>>
>>42783292
Hypertrophy is useful to build a muscle base for getting your numbers high. It's got nothing to do with aesthetics which would also include body fat percentage.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.