[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to start lifting >don't want to go to gym and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: dyel.gif (3MB, 260x180px) Image search: [Google]
dyel.gif
3MB, 260x180px
>want to start lifting
>don't want to go to gym and be around people
>decide to order my own lifting equipment
>order power rack, olympic bar, and 70 pounds of weights
>tell /fit/, /fit/ tells me 70 pounds is babby tier
>order a set of 45 pound plates as well because /fit/ is always right
>get my bar and some of my weights today, other weights and rack expected in another 1-2 days
>realize weights need a clamp or lock or whatever to secure them to bar
>fuck
>order clamps today with 2-day shipping
Fuck I'm such a noob at this. Oh well, I'll be able to start lifting in a few days.
>inb4 nice blogpost faggot
>>
File: IMG_0573.jpg (28KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0573.jpg
28KB, 280x373px
>>42781346
You
Are
Retarded
>>
you don't need clamps
>>
What the fuck, fuck Amazon, "2 day shipping" takes 6 days what the fucking fuck, I'll just go find some at a local store
>>
>expecting anything but pure bullying-derived negativity from /fit/

theres your problem.

But yeah, 70 pounds is pretty baby tier for any of the big 4 lifts. You can still train arms though.
>>
>>42781346
You don't need clamps and shouldn't be using them if you're training by yourself. What happens when the bar falls on your neck during a bench press and the collars keep the weight from sliding off and you choke to death? Think about it retard
>>
>>42781411
>he doesn't use death to motivate himself
>>
>>42781383
>>42781411
Okay thanks, you guys probably saved my life. I won't get any.
>>42781401
I ordered a set of 45s after /fit/ told me 45+70 is babby tier so in total with bar weight I'll have 205, and I'll but more 45s once I am ready. Thanks
>>
>>42781346
not buying used dumbells off craigslists
do you even scooby1961?
>>
>>42781411
He's benching in a power rack you retard, the bar will stop on the safeties.

You should use clips, OP
>>
>>42781431
You will hit a 205 deadlift within a month or two, you might as well get the weights from the start.
>>
>>42781411

If you fail the rep the bar should fall on your chest, not on your neck (unless you ran out of strength while re-racking it), that indicates bad form on the bench press.

Just roll the bar to your waist then get up aka roll of shame
>>
>>42781445
Fuck, who do I believe?
>>42781457
Okay I'll buy some soon.
>>
>>42781457
>>42781477
To be clear I do already have 205 pounds (or will once my last weights come tomorrow or the next day). I'll buy additional 45s to get up to 295 once I am ready to go beyond 205.
>>
i bought set of weights and 2 bars

max weight on bar total is 220kg and its already not enough to do rack pulls after 1 year of training

Deadlifting 190kg of the floor rn
>>
>>42781431

Dude, first start lifting and see how you like it before you waste even more of your money on weights because some fucking basement dweller faggot on /fit/thisdickinmyass told you 205lb is baby tier.

You're off to a good start, but don't get ahead of yourself. Since shipping takes only like a week tops, you lose nothing by testing out what you have first
>>
>>42781431

And you don't necessarily need clamps, but some kind of safeties are recommended. Since you're beginning, the weights will keep sliding off the bar because you're not fit enough yet to keep them balanced. Trust me, safeties only cost like $6 , you lose literally nothing by getting some, and it'll save you a lot of stress
>>
>>42781795
Yeah I will see how the 205 goes before ordering more. I'm sure I'll order more 45s at some point but I won't do that until I am getting close to needing it.
>>42781819
Other anons said it's dangerous. So should I or should I not?
>>
You only need clamps for power cleans or olympic lifts tho.
>>
>>42781411
If you're benching without a spotter and not using the rack with safeties you deserve to neck yourself for being fucking retarded.
>>42781431
You're benching in a rack, get fucking clamps retard.
>>
>>42781944
Other anons are fucking retarded and bench without a spotter or safeties. Get clamps.
>>
>>42781411
>on your neck
Want to know how I know your bench form is shit? Stop trying to give advice.
>>
>>42782241
And when your using baby weights and first starting out because you fucking suck at stabilizing the bar. He doesn't want the weight rattling around on the bar and possibly sliding off.
>>
>>42782809
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
>>42782792
OP here, I will be lifting without a spotter because I live alone and have no friends. But what do you mean by safeties? I will be lifting with a power rack, that is safe to do alone right?

I got some clamps at a local fitness store today. Still not sure if I should use them due to conflicting advice here.
>>
>>42784564
>But what do you mean by safeties?
The bars on the sides of the power rack that you set according to height on a lift so if something goes wrong, it doesn't fucking kill you

Use the clamps, you don't want your weights rattling and possibly falling off. I get what the other guy said, of being able to dump weights since you have no one around, but if you use the power rack and safeties properly that won't be necessary, use the clamps

Do you have mats for your floor? What are you gonna deadlift off of - the power rack?
>>
>>42781389
if the two day shipping takes too long you can complain to customer service and they will extend your amazon prime membership for free.

>source: I intentionally order late on Sunday and complain when packages come on Wednesday for free prime
>>
>>42785365
You can deadlift without mats if you don't drop the weight. I wouldn't trust a wood frame house past 3pl8 though, just in case you do drop it.
>>
Don't use Clips while lifting alone in home without a spotter you fucking dumbass or you'll kill yourself benching if you're not able to drop the plates when lifting heavy.
>>
>>42781346
Fuck off Zander no one wants to hear your blog. I've got some clamps I can bring over if you'd want them.
>>
>>42785365
Okay thanks. I do not have mats. I'll probably deadlift off the rack, that or the floor I guess.
>>42785394
I don't have Prime, I was going to pay for it but I cancelled my order when I saw it was expected in 6 days and I went to a local store and bought clamps.
Still waiting on my 45 pound plates and power rack/bench to arrive, I have everything else now.
>>
>>42785760
Did you not see the part where he has a rack?
>>
>>42788617
i think op might be too stupid to use safeties
>>
>>42789220
What are safeties?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.