[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I can lift 500 pounds on the calf raise machine, does it mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1490362655194.jpg (131KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1490362655194.jpg
131KB, 640x640px
If I can lift 500 pounds on the calf raise machine, does it mean my form is off? I haven't seen anyone else use it and go over 300 pounds. I only feel it in my calves. Same with the fly machine, I have almost maxed it out at 220 and am wondering if I must be doing something wrong or if that's reasonable for someone who has been making steady progress.
>>
>>42781048
it means you used to be hella fat
>>
>>42781048
Not to steal your thread OP but I have a similar question. So I can lift 400 pounds in the whatever press, does that really mean that I'm lifting 400 pounds?
>>
>>42781595
no, pushing 400lb on a leg machine isnt the same as lifting a 400lb thing, where you need to balance it and your body, etc
>>
>>42781628
>it's a machine
So it's more like, my car jack can lift my car, but does that mean it's really lifting my car?

Do you see what I'm saying?
>>
>>42781048
No dude. I lift 600lbs on the calf raise. Not hard at all, I'm 140lbs dude. Remember to get a long range of motion, plantar flexion and dorsiflexion. Don't bounce.
>>
>>42781048
After machines divert the weight through like 5 pulleys the actual resistance for you is usually half or lower of what the weight stack says.

Why were machines designed? To make things easier. If you're going to do any sort of calf raise, use a smith machine as that's the actual weight on your shoulders in line with your center of gravity and you don't have to struggle to balance.
>>
>>42781628
I mean, I know you're just here to get "whoa you can lift a lot of weight bro" comments, but your question is fucking stupid. And it's a Calves exercise, and it's a machine. Do 500 lbs barbell calf raises and flies with 110 pound dumbbells and maybe someone will give a shit.

Meanwhile, go back to Planet Fitness and don't forget to wipe your pussy juice off of the machines after you use them.
>>
>>42781595
No one fucking got your post huh anon
People are are autistic af
>>
>>42781718
>flies with 110 pound dumbbells
Unless he lies on the floor, he's going to snap city
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.