[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that squats and deadlifts are meme lifts and you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1326.png (566KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1326.png
566KB, 720x540px
Daily reminder that squats and deadlifts are meme lifts and you can get bigger without those lifts.
>>
>>42777488
took me a long time to figure this out lol

im extremely poorly built for squatting too, could have saved myself a lot of trouble
>>
>>42777519
At least you figured it out anon.
>>
You weight less than 140lbs
>>
>>42777536
>you weight

Your IQ is less than 70
>>
>>42777488
they're not meme lifts but they're not the end all be all of lifting weights, especially if your only goal is size

so many threads where someone repeatedly snaps their shit up squatting or has some preexisting injuries that make it a terrible idea to squat, but they insist on doing so because the internet told them to
>>
>>42777657
Agreed
>>
If you can't perform a squat or a hinge you are a broken individual
>>
>>42777858
>I say regurgitate memes instinctively without actually thinking about them

Noice
>>
>>42777869
It's a statement of fact. Barring injury or serious immobility issues, you should be able to bend (mostly) at the waist and pick something up off the floor and you should be able to bend (mostly) at the knees and lower your body to the floor.
>>
I don't deadlift because I have a long term (presumably permanent) lower back injury and don't want to fuck it up even more. I do squat, but every rep I feel my knees cracking internally. Dunno how else to describe it. This is with small weight as well. Might stop squats since I don't want fucked up knees on top of a fucked up lower back.

No shame in not doing either really, just because anons on /fit/ tell you to.
>>
>>42777894
>take a trip to Snap City because of your gross over-simplification

Hmmmmm
>>
>>42777657
This
>>
>>42777964
You can build great legs purely with cycling and sprinting. I know soccer players that dont squat with way bigger legs than guys that squat 400+
>>
>>42778190
pathetic bait
>>
>>42778190
No you don't.
>>
>>42778153
You don't need to do Rippetoe approved low bar squats and conventional deadlifts but you should be able to squat and hinge, even if it's goblet squatting or RDLs
>>
>>42778190
I've seen this as well

>>42778221
>>42778222
Go out more you pathetic incels
>>
File: perspective.jpg (75KB, 620x484px) Image search: [Google]
perspective.jpg
75KB, 620x484px
>>42778222
>>42778221
Not bait, go check out the guys on your college soccer team's legs, they never do squats yet they're all pretty big.
>>
what's a replacement for deadlifts?
>>
>>42778258
Those are "reasonably developed" but certainly not "big." Rugby players have big legs and guess what, they lift.
>>
Did I accidentally stumble into /r/fitness?
>>
File: blogSpan.jpg (52KB, 480x306px) Image search: [Google]
blogSpan.jpg
52KB, 480x306px
>>42778266
Reverse hyper or sprints, and rack pulls. Good hamstrings will come with time
>>42778280
Thats my whole point. Most guys dont care to reach "huge", most guys will never reach huge. I'd say its more fulfilling to train as an athlete for endurance, leanness, and speed that for raw strength and size.
>>
>>42778317
Sure but you can still squat once a week and be an athlete
>>
>>42778258
Those legs are not bigger than anyone who squats 400+ pounds with good form.
>>
>>42778399
Sure, i'd actually reccomend that just because quads are hard to hit without squats.
Deadlifts however are much easier to replaces, guys who do nothing but upperbody and ride bikes can pull near 500
https://youtu.be/pcO9yc3R5tM
>>
>>42778446
>guys who do nothing but upperbody and ride bikes can pull near 500
You are beyond delusional fucktard
>>
>>42778585
Explain that vid
>>
>>42777488
plz post more doggo
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.