[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, 6'4 200 lbs lanklet here. Doing Greyskulls LP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1401371403062.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1401371403062.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
Hey /fit/, 6'4 200 lbs lanklet here. Doing Greyskulls LP atm and have the follwing numbers:

Squat 220
Bench 140
Deadlift 250
Row 150

Are these numbers too shit to move on to a hypertrophy/aesthetics program? I cutting atm because I have quite a lot of abdominal fat. (guessing I am around 22% bf)
>>
>>42776590
I'm sure the body doesn't work like this but I didn't have a chest till I was doing 225 bench for 5 and i'm a 5'7 manlet, so you probably will need to be higher.

Best of luck man.
>>
>>42776599
it doesn't, real life isn't a RPG and your bodies don't have a certain fixed XP number after which they reach a certain size. Strength base is also a meme, just eat enough and you will progress on a hypertrophy program. With that said, it's good to train across multiple rep ranges, so don't be scared to involve 3-5RM sets in your hypertrophy-focussed program, favourably on compounds.
>>
>>42776636
So I could do PPL if I wanted to right now and it wouldnt hinder me progress?
>>
>>42776590
>Are these numbers too shit to move on to a hypertrophy/aesthetics program?
yes

what will get you more jacked benching 135 incline decline and flat or benching 225

its the latter everytime bro. Just add one or two exercises of bodybuilding to your greyskull LP if you value it that much. Dont listen to anyone who says that strength is a meme, everyone who is jacked is also strong at what they do. You wont see someone who curls 10kg for 8 reps with big arms
>>
>>42776796
if you eat enough, yes. Doubt you can stall on any compound-including program with beginner stats.
>>
As a fellow lanklet I can suggest focusing on deadlifts and bulking.
Get up to at least 3pl8 for reps and ask again.
>>
>>42776820
Im really confused by this whole hypertrophy vs strenght debate. I see plenty of guys online that have high numbers dont look very aesthetically pleasing. Then you got the gym regulars I talked with a bit and they all tell me they move within the 10-12 rep range (they also claim they started this way)

No one knows there what SS or SL is. A guy even tried to convince me that doing low rep ranges I wont get big. Sure they might be on roids but then you go online and find this feud between bodybuilders and powerlifters each claiming that their methods are superior.

I guess I am overthinking this stuff and I should just go and lift.
>>
>>42776884
well the answer is yes and no, big weights essentially are what drives muscle growth. you can bench 20kg for 3x12 and you wont grow shit. But if you can bench 100kg for 3x12 youll get way better results

The key detail to getting stronger or bigger is progressive overload in some way. This is why doing a LP as a beginner is so great since you can get 2-5kg stronger on your lifts every session. But thats not the only way to progressively overload, you can try to do more reps than last time, or more sets(both increases the total reps done anyway). But this can be harder to achieve

going up in weights every session 3 times a week is the fastest way for you currently to make progress. Dont waste months doing some meme bodypart split and barely get results. Bodypart splits can be ok if you have an organized program which is periodized but nobody who does them 99% of the time does that(since they have no idea about it). As I said before if you value hypertrophy that much just add two exercises to the end of your routine and do them in a high rep pump style to get some extra volume in. Just swap the exercises everytime so you get proportional growth
>>
>>42776998
Hey thanks man, real quality reply. Really appreciate you taking some time explaining stuff to a new guy.
>>
>>42776998
>you can bench 20kg for 3x12 and you wont grow shit. But if you can bench 100kg for 3x12 youll get way better results

no fucking shit
>>
>>42777222
also I forgot to say if you waint to gain muscle you will need to eat a surplus the whole time. Means eating more than you need. A common problem is getting fat while youre doing this, so dont over do it and cycle your bulks. Your body will adapt after a while and youll start to mostly gain fat, so bulk for a while and then eat at maintenance for a while. This also counts for cutting

For me key factors for knowing that im growing is
1. im getting stronger and im training hard
2. im consistently gaining weight

just tell me if youre missnig anythnig else
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.