[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you build muscle and lose fat at the same time? Can you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: l.jpg (472KB, 627x640px) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
472KB, 627x640px
Can you build muscle and lose fat at the same time?

Can you build strength and lose fat at the same time?
>>
No. You need a calorie surplus to build muscle because of myostatin.
>>
>>42775366

The answer is yes to both. As a newbie fatass any strength work you do is gonna make you stronger and it will burn calories making you lose weight if you maintain a diet.
>>
You can gain strength while losing fat. The only people who can't gain strength while cutting are advanced lifters who are already pushing so hard that regardless of their intensity and commitment, the drop in calories just nukes their lifts.
>>
>>42775366
>Can you build strength and lose fat at the same time
Yes, easily if you're a beginner.

>Can you build muscle and lose fat at the same time?

More complicated.
>>
Only obese noobs can and people using drugs
>>
>>42775366
Bodyweight training isn't magically enabling this.
Burning the fat releases energy. Dieting restricts the calories, so the energy. As long as the fat burnt compensates the caloric deficit, and provided that you what you eat is otherwise healthy, you can still gain muscle mass.
You will gain it slower, though, than you would if you were following the same training while eating at balance.
This is why bro-science is so fascinated with bulk/cut cycles to help sculpt the body. It's not needed, but it's the "faster way".
For someone who just wants to be healthy/fit though, it isn't necessary at all and can even have negative side effects if done wrong, repeatedly or for too long.
Bottomline : moderate caloric deficit + workout is fine, until you reach your weight target, then eating at balance. Nothing bad, wrong or dumb about this, carry on.
Source: countless books, scientific articles, posts, read, lots of debunking, about 40kg lost and 10kg+ of muscle gained over 5 years. Doing just this, healthy diet, caloric deficit and workout discipline. Keep on.
>>
>>42775366
>Can you build muscle and lose fat at the same time?
Yes, beginner gains exist. Having low muscle volume means that they require less energy in order to grow. You could get away with burning fat and building muscle in the beginning, but don't expect that to last.
>Can you build strength and lose fat at the same time?
Again, yes, especially when strength comes from much more than just muscles. Eventually, however, you won't be able to. like >>42775393 basically summed up, once you have any impressive form of muscle/strength you'll be needed high calorie surpluses in order to get those fuckers to grow.
>>
>>42775366
I think you're looking for something called Tren
>>
yes to both

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv5xEYhvj4Q
>>
>>42775366
anyone who says yes is retarded, and/or trolling. You can make minimal amounts of strength gains on a cut.
>>
Way to build strength/muscle and lose fat
20/4 IF Protocal
2 days low carb 1 day high repeat (I.e low carb deficit, high carb surplus where you eat back the calories lost on the previous days)
Fasted workout with BCAAs
Count your macros you need to be exact.
Programming also needs to be on point.
>>
simultaneous fat loss and muscle gain is the right combination of perfect nutrition and optimal routine. you need to hit your macros every day, have the correct amount of calories, and also be getting a good workout.

roiding simplifies doing these simultaneously but the new complexity arises in properly running a cycle. also, going naturally requires many years of patience to get the desired result.

the patient approach is much more rewarding imo.
>>
I know if you have a reasonable amount of fat and start lifting as beginner you will lose fat / gain muscle while on a deficit. But something that I've never see answered is how much time is this going to happen. 2 months? 3? 4? more?

I know it depends on the person and the deficit he is doing, but let's assume it's a standard 500 kcal deficit, while doing a novice program. How much time is it going to work before he completely stalls?
>>
>>42775366
on keto yes, also strength is irrelevant, u wont get much stronger on keto, but u will build muscle while shedding fat
>>
>>42777182
Sounds retarded, post pic dyel and be exposed
>>
>>42776745
this is literally a minute commercial for his routine
>>
>>42775380
>You need a calorie surplus to build muscle because of myostatin.
>because of myostatin

This is the /fit/ equivalent of this >>42768691
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.