[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i leave for army bct in about 25 days. i've been semi preparing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: best pepe.jpg (41KB, 671x665px) Image search: [Google]
best pepe.jpg
41KB, 671x665px
i leave for army bct in about 25 days. i've been semi preparing but it's mostly been walking with sweat jacket & hoodie to lost weight with some jogging/running in between. i have next to no core body strength. how fucked am i.

on the plus side i lose like 40 pounds in about 1 1/2 - 2 months to get in.
>>
>>42772420
Do series of sit ups and push ups every night
You can do a LOT in 25 days
>>
>>42772427
do you actually think i could get up to decent level by then though
>>
>>42772531
Better than if you didn't
>>
File: 1486615550497.jpg (265KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1486615550497.jpg
265KB, 1080x1350px
>>42772531
How many pushups/situps/pullups can you do? How far can you run without stopping?
>>
>>42772420
Remember that they wouldn't be sending you to BCT if they didn't believe you could make it through.

Start doing planks and push ups all day.

You can make it through.
>>
File: 1361423991877.jpg (594KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1361423991877.jpg
594KB, 800x800px
>>42773230
>Remember that they wouldn't be sending you to BCT if they didn't believe you could make it through.
That is completely untrue, obviously you've never been in the service. All the recruiter cares about is meeting his quota, the only entry requirements are to pass the ASVAB (a retard test-minimum of 36 out of 99 points) and don't be morbidly obese.
>>
>>42773230

Wrong

>>42773336

Accurate. Former 09S now 12A. Did BCT and OCS at Benning. Advice for OP, have you done a mock PT test and if so what was your score?

With that short time frame, you really need to focus on the pushups and abs. Situps are good but also throw in flutter kicks, and also this thing called the V-up. Google it. You will be doing lots of those when your less intelligent platoon members do something dumb.

For running, specifically for the 2 mile: 400 meter sprints will be your best bet for running. Do 6-8 of these as your workout. Remember that it's not a jog but meant to be as close to maximum effort as possible. Also if you have access to a kettlebell, throw in some kettlebell swings. Don't get too crazy with it. Don't worry about advanced kettlebell stuff for now. Just swing the damn thing. This will help with resistance cardio, which will be good once you guys do ruck marches (don't worry, you will acclimate fast to those since BCT pace on them is stupid slow).

Remember ultimately BCT is really just a big fuck fuck game, keep your head down and your mouth shut. The hardest parts honestly are reception and the last week where you clean up all your gear. That last week is the hardest because all the beef between our platoon members that was under the surface when you had real work to do now comes back up, since your real training is done so there isn't anything to keep people busy. Beyond that, we had a couple in my platoon that flat out should NOT have graduated but they got pushed through anyway. This is BCT, not Ranger or Selection. You'll be alright. Good luck.
>>
>>42773405
go practice land nav LT

with all respect

>>42772420
you'll be fine OP, if you can't pass basic as a fat fuck then you don't deserve to be in the army. Anyone can make it if they try hard and don't give up
>>
>>42773471

We're busy checking the exhaust samples
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.