[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've not long started SL 5X5. I don't have much of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: barbell.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
barbell.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
I've not long started SL 5X5. I don't have much of a history of strength training. I want to know what sort of numbers I should aim for judging by my height and weight. I am 5ft 6 and weigh 61kg. My lifts (for 5 sets of 5 reps, not 1RM) are as follows:

Squat 62.5kg
Benchpress 45kg
Barbell row 45kg
Overhead Press 35kg
Deadlift 85kg

I do want some glorious gains, so I know with a caloric surplus my weight will increas somewhat, but I'm mainly after strength. SO. roughly what should I set as a target?

Many thanks /fit/izens.
>>
>>42769215
Can you convert them to american numbers first?
>>
>>42769215
after 6 months you should be:
65kg

Squat: 100kg
Bench: 75kg
Diddly: 120kg
OHP: 50-55kg
Row: 70-75kg

this is ideal, getting to this would be impressive
>>
>>42769225
Sure

Squal 137lbs
Benchpress 99lbs
Barbell Row 99lbs
Overhead press 77lbs
Deadlift 187lbs

>>42769248
Thanks for taking the time to reply, and with detail. May i ask how you got those numbers?
>>
>>42769248
You should be higher than this after 6 months.

Remember, there will be a point where you cannot progress with 5x5 anymore. After this happens, change to 3x5 (three sets of five) and keep progressing. While Stronglifts is a good program, people spend far too long hitting a wall at 5x5. My lifts 5x5 before I swapped were roughly:

squat:110kg
bench:80kg
OHP: 55kg
Row: 72.5kg

I didn't include DL as that stays as 1x5.

Your height and weight don't matter a great deal at this stage. Well, your weight will, in order to progress on this program you are required to eat, and sleep, a great deal.

Also do your chin ups and dips, unless you want to look like a T-rex.
>>
>>42769580

I'd argue instead of numericals (dropping to 3x5's) you should push for volume to improve long-muscle development. You should always strive for 10x4/5 sets, dropping to 8x4 if necessary. Doing meme sets like 1x3 or 3x5 is bullshit and while ego boosting does little to actually generate strong muscle density.
>>
>>42769215
https://symmetricstrength.com/standards#/61/kg/male/-

ofc you would need to change the weight
>>
File: grats.jpg (126KB, 489x400px) Image search: [Google]
grats.jpg
126KB, 489x400px
>>42769598
Compelling argument. If you're going to attempt to refute decades worth of factual, and anecdotal evidence from people who have been caoching and lifting longer than you've been breathing, be prepared to bring something along to support your argument.

Then again you could be trolling me, and some newcomers are actually this gullible.
>>
>>42769808
those people also say that it is necessary to do more volume in order to gain strength in the long run
educate yourself u stupid fuck
>>
>>42769836
Once you're past the novice stage, volume can help drive intensity which is basically what intermediate programs such as the Texas Method are programmed to do.

Now which one of these programs tells you do strive for 10x4/5 sets? Volume days will have you driving 5x5 sets at around 85-90% of your PR intensity.
>>
>>42769580
>>42769598
>>42769606
>>42769878

appreciate these answers guys, good things for someone just starting out to think about.
>>
>>42769248
I agree with this. I'm 5'7 and started at the same weight as you and I hit a little bit above these numbers in 6 months. I think each person is different, but definitely find if your body responds well to volume/intensity/frequency. I found 5x5 squats were just too much for me after 4 months so I dropped to 3x5 and that worked perfectly. I also think 5x5 for deadlifts are too much, try looking into SS's routine and do 1x5.
>>
>>42769580
you can build 1kg muscle a month as a beginner. he should be more like 70kg at 6 months
>>
File: 1427419206567.png (2KB, 782x543px) Image search: [Google]
1427419206567.png
2KB, 782x543px
>>42771916
>SL
>5x5 for deadlifts
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.