[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /fit/ I'm trying to have a healthier lifestyle and that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: natural-and-heatlhy-food.jpg (82KB, 575x333px) Image search: [Google]
natural-and-heatlhy-food.jpg
82KB, 575x333px
Hi /fit/
I'm trying to have a healthier lifestyle and that implies eating like a grown up men.
Problem is... I never ate fruit or vegetables so I don't like them. Any tips on how to start having an healthy eating, and start eating food and vegetables from the beginning?
>>
>>42766000
Most will tell you to just suck it up and start eating them.

You can make smoothies if you get a blender. Freeze some banana and strawberries (or any berry) then throw them in with some water or milk and throw in a ton of spinach and you've got a thick, creamy and vitamin filled milkshake.

For apples, you can cut them up and sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on them.

If you want to get into raw vegetables, look up a recipe to make hummus and dip bell peppers, carrots, celery or whatever you want in it.
You can just use any kind of cooked bean instead of garbanzo to make a good bean dip.

While you'll loose some nutrients, you can also roast vegetables, which gives them a deeper flavor. Cut up some onions, potatoes, broccoli, throw them on a cookie sheet, put a small amount of oil on to coat them and throw on a few spices. You'll need to flip them while in the oven once in a while so they don't burn.
>>
>>42766000
Simple recipe:
>buy bag of fingerling potatoes, broccoli and asparagus. (About half of each for one dinner serving)
>set oven to 420 degrees
>halve fingerings, mix all in bowl with olive oil
>mix in garlic, oregano, and salt into bowl
>segregate veggies like 1950s America on cooking tray. Lay Fingerlings flat side down.
>Sprinkle rosemary on potatoes and dust all with black pepper, squeeze a lemon over all if you're feeling fancy.
>put in oven
>remove broccoli at 16 minutes(or later if you like em crispy), asparagus at 18 minutes, and fingerings between the 23-25 min Mark

BAM! Restaurant quality veggies, if you don't like these then I don't know what to say
>>
>>42766000
just buy a frozen bag of mixed veges, u know the normal ones or the stir fry ones. microwave them and season them
add hot sauce if needed
>>
>>42766000
Riced cauliflower pan warmed with some garlic salt. Tastes like mashed taters
>>
>>42766000
Buy carrot, eat. Buy broccoli, eat. Buy spinach, eat. You big men now, OK?
>>
>>42766000
I never did either and in the last year I've eaten more than I did in my entire lifetime. Don't eat processed foods and you'll want to eat them, also - smoothies.
>>
Vegetables suck and I would never eat them straight. Cook things like cauliflower/broccoli cheese and mixed frozen veg in garlic butter
>>
Fry them in butter.
In fact just add any kind of fat and they become a lot better.
>>
>>42766000
First off, you'll need to quit eating refined sugars if you are. The amount most people eat will dull your taste buds meaning that you won't be able to pick up on the subtle flavors of veggies, and fruits won't seem all that impressive (when in reality they're awesomely sweet and delicious foods).

Once you've got that down, just learn some simple veggie recipes. Veggies are super easy to prep and make in the oven. Often times simply adding seasonings like onion powder, garlic, oregano, and salt will drastically transform "bland" veggies into delicious morsels.

Once your pallette becomes more normalized you'll be able to pick up the sweetness of a carrot or the earthyNess of broccoli and will be able to appreciate them more. At least that's how it worked for me
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.