[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How far can someone get with dumbbells and eating well? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: dbs.jpg (19KB, 355x260px) Image search: [Google]
dbs.jpg
19KB, 355x260px
How far can someone get with dumbbells and eating well?

I'm 155 lbs 5' 9''. I'm skinny/skinny fat mode. I'd like to look better with my shirt off and feel more confident. Considering buying some adjustable dumbbells so I can work out at home.

A gym membership is not a realistic option due to location and budget for me.
>>
There is nothing you can do with a barbell that you can't with a couple dumbbells, it's just a matter of how heavy you can get. My gym goes up to 150lbs so I'm fine just using those since I don't have huge goals.
>>
progressive body-weight calisthenics will take you far if you do it right. Use the money to buy a bar to do pull-ups and hanging leg raises with instead.
>>
>>42760862
I own two of the 90lb version of your pic. They're bad. The shape makes them very awkward to use for many exercises and the weight increments are too substantial for a beginner.

You'd be better off with a pull-up bar, dip station, and bench (prioritized in that order). You can get pretty fucking strong doing handstand push ups.
>>
>>42760862

>5'9
>155lbs
>skinny/skinnyfat

No. You are skinnyfat. Just skinnyfat.
>>
>>42760905
>progressive body-weight calisthenics
So is that calisthenics whilst on a bulk?
>>
>>42761306
increasing the difficulty of the calisthenics. Example would be doing assisted squats, bodyweight squats, one legged squats etc.
>>
>>42760890
i think that exercises with the bar will help you perfect your form
>>
>>42739745
>>
>>42760862
nigga just go to the gym
how broke are you that you cant afford some shitty gym membership
how remote do you live that you cant get to a gym via public transportation or god forbid, you have to walk 20-30 mins
>5'9
>155 lbs
>skinny/skinny fat
nigga you most likely just skinny fat dont even try to masquerade that shit by thorwing in "skinny"
>>
>>42760862
those boflex weights are bullshit, the plates kept sliding off and i spent more time fucking with the dumbbell than lifting. eventually i just taped all the plates to the handles and use it as a 52.5 dmbbell
>>
>>42761383
hes obviously just embarrassed about going, we all know planet fitness is fucking everywhere these days

beginners should just do calisthenics though, there is no reason to pay to struggle lifting 1pl8
>>
>>42761380
>dumbbells are a body part
>>
>>42760862
Dumbbells are weak, get Tricep bar instead.
>>
>>42760862
Some of your lifts will max out very quickly. But it's better than nothing
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.