[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /fit/ think of this routine? It claims to be a balanced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Powerbuilding ULUL Split Routine.png (155KB, 1038x869px) Image search: [Google]
Powerbuilding ULUL Split Routine.png
155KB, 1038x869px
What does /fit/ think of this routine?

It claims to be a balanced Upper/Lower routine. By that I mean it tries to hit all muscle groups with similar volume, for smoother progression.
>>
>>42756116
That's way to much volume if you're actually doing 5/3/1...if you are interested in doing that program I highly recommend getting the book.

Depending on your level of lifting experience it doesn't look bad as a hybrid routine. A few things IMO though...

1. Switch the primary movement of the day to 5x5 / 3x5 / 8x3

2. Switch weighted chin-ups to Day C and body weight pull-ups on Day A

3. Get rid of leg presses. Add Dumbbell Lunges or Hip Thrusts instead if you are inclined to.

4. Switch deadlifts to RDLs on Day B. Switch back squats to front squats on Day D.

5. I would pick better accessories / optional exercise, but if those work best for you then keep them
>>
>>42757737
Thank you very much. I already switched the primary movement to 3x3-5, I forgot to mention it.

These are some very helpful tips and I'm gonna give them all a try.

If you can suggest changes on accessories and optionals, I would love to hear them!
>>
>>42758355
1. Switch EZ-Bar Curls to Dumbbell Hammer Curls / Straight Barbell Curls

2. Skullcrushers are fine, but I would also do close grip bench press as well.

3. Switch Dumbbell flyes to cable flyes and do them on Day A instead of Day C. Do lateral raises and face pulls on Day C.

4. I would drop Shrugs on Day D and add power cleans as a warm up for deadlifting or OHP on Day C

5. All of those ab movements are pretty crappy tbqh famalamadingdong...these are objectively better:

On Day B:
45° Decline Sit-ups
45° Decline Russian Twists

On Day D:
Hanging Leg Raises (toes to bar)
Ab Wheel Rollouts.

Also all accessory movement rep ranges should be 8 to 10 at the most...15 to 20 is retarded
>>
File: 1504364988640.jpg (93KB, 958x997px) Image search: [Google]
1504364988640.jpg
93KB, 958x997px
>>42758513
Awesome, thanks again. I gotta say, I really don't know shit about programming. I just have (hopefully) decent form on major lifts.
But some of the exercise choices did look a little out there. I'm liking a lot of your suggestions because these are lifts I'm more familiar with, and also because more popular lifts tend to be popular for a reason. I looked up a lot of premade Upper/Lower like PHUL, since I specifically needed a 4-day program, and most had even worse exercise choices and supposedly had balance issues.

So yeah, definitely making most if not all of these changes.
Cheers for taking the time to help an anon.
>>
>>42758919
There's definitely worse routines out there. But with those suggestions it's solid. Just be consistent and you're good ma dude
>>
>>42756116
It's very well structured, only intensity is a bit on the low side. Google what joker sets are and implement them
>>42757737
>1. Switch the primary movement of the day to 5x5 / 3x5 / 8x3
No, that defeats the point of DUP
>2. Switch weighted chin-ups to Day C and body weight pull-ups on Day A
No need, why? It's a T2 exercise
>3. Get rid of leg presses. Add Dumbbell Lunges or Hip Thrusts instead if you are inclined to.
I agree
>4. Switch deadlifts to RDLs on Day B. Switch back squats to front squats on Day D.
No need if he can progress. You only cut volume when you lose reps or sets due to fatigue
>5. I would pick better accessories / optional exercise, but if those work best for you then keep them
They're T3 exercises, they are ok to completely skip which means it's also ok to do whatever you enjoy. Anything is better than nothing.
>>42758355
If you're at a point when LP works for you, you're probably too new to be using 531 at all. Just use candito LP or something
>>42758513
Autism, except for 5. which is solid advice
>>
>>42759101
>joker sets
Have fun consistently underecovering unless you are on gear or are at the level of doing 2/3/4/5 for reps

>Switching weighted Chin ups and dip days
I recommended it because going all out on a 3x5 bench press and then doing weighted dips on the same day is extremely fatiguing. Also weighted chin-ups in between multiple spinal column taxing training days is beneficial for decompressing the spine.

>RDLs and Front Squats, no need if he can progress.
>They're T3 exercises, they are ok to completely skip
I think you're missing the point of the power/strength/hypertrophy hybrid aspect of the routine...if you're also going to argue that a total of 6 exercises are all you need to build I balanced physique you're wrong
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.