[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure how /fit/ related this is, but what the hell Anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

Not sure how /fit/ related this is, but what the hell

Anyone have Morton's toe? It's when your second toe is longer than your big toe, and the severity can range from asymptomatic all the way up to shit like metatarsalgia, hammer toes, bunions, Morton's neuroma, or plantar fasciitis. It's more of a concern for runners and the like, though I've read that it can fuck with your lifts.

In my case it mostly manifests as hardcore callusing at the ball of the foot at the base of the second toe, which is sometimes painful enough to interfere with walking. My schedule won't really permit a podiatrist appointment before the end of the year, so I figure I might try to DIY some sort of padding - any advice/stories would be welcome.
>>
>>42755045
I have this. I also have the stubborn pinky that wraps under the other toes like a retard. I have to stretch my toes and feet and calves everyday in order to sleep. Slav squatting and what not. I just figured my family was inbred at some point.

why does it make you a bad runner? I always thought the extra long toes made it advantageous for running and jumping, all that stored energy and leverage like a kangaroo.

Advice: wear flat soled shoes that are wide and not tight at the top or front. Tightly roll an old ankle sock up and place it under the arch of your foot for extra support.

Conspiracy theory: running shoes are designed to make you dependent on their sole thickness incline by wearing in grooves to your cartridge.
>>
File: feet.jpg (107KB, 940x526px) Image search: [Google]
feet.jpg
107KB, 940x526px
friendly reminder that shoes fuck up your feet and this is what they're supposed to look like
>>
File: feets.jpg (177KB, 640x345px) Image search: [Google]
feets.jpg
177KB, 640x345px
>>42755161
>>
>>42755126
>why does it make you a bad runner
Something about non-ideal distribution of forces being transmitted to the metatarsals, I think. I've recently started running and it hasn't really been an issue, so I guess mine is a mild case - as long as I keep my calluses in check with a pumice stone I don't really get pain.

I imagine it might be advantageous with barefoot running but I do find my toes jamming up against the tip of my shoes sometimes.
>>
File: IMG_20170905_114501.jpg (276KB, 1226x2037px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170905_114501.jpg
276KB, 1226x2037px
>>42755161
u mirin'?
>>
>>42755045
I don't run but I have this. The worst side effect is when my 2nd toe joint gets locked out the opposite way it normally goes and it's this sharp muscle spasming pain. It can continue for like 10 min and the for is locked curving the wrong way. Happens when I twist on the ball of my foot funny or mess with that for too much. I'd like to get surgery to cut off the extra end
>>
>>42755421
>2nd toe joint gets locked out the opposite way it normally goes and it's this sharp muscle spasming pain
Shit, I get something like that with my big toe - curls downwards uncontrollably and hurts like fuck for a few minutes. I'm not sure how, but if I catch it early enough I can avoid it.
>>
I have Morton's toe, its not detrimental tho
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.