[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is sacrificing a bit of form to lift heavier weight, acceptable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: arnold-cheat-curls4.jpg (65KB, 570x278px) Image search: [Google]
arnold-cheat-curls4.jpg
65KB, 570x278px
Is sacrificing a bit of form to lift heavier weight, acceptable?

Image related: "Arnold cheating curls"
>>
>>42749147
Yes called cheat reps as long as you overload you'll grow
But the retards here will tell you that you must absolutely have 100% strict form to have any growth
>>
>>42749147
For shit like curls and rows sure. But not on the big compound movements like bench, squat, deadlift.
>>
>>42749221
Im not this guy but to add on, cheat reps shouldn't be used as the primary way of doing the lift but if done properly in addition to also doing the exercise with good form, it can push you into further growth
>>
File: richpiana5.jpg (107KB, 1920x959px) Image search: [Google]
richpiana5.jpg
107KB, 1920x959px
>>42749147
>>42749221
at least be 90% strict on form.

but to the point where Kali Muscle cheating reps is ludicrous.

even pianoman didnt cheat on reps
>>
>>42749241
>he doesnt do cheat deadlifts
never gonna make it
>>
>>42749221
t. Snapback gorilla
>>
I start off arms 5 sets of bb curls and do them strict for the first 3 sets, then for the last two, I cheat on the last 1-2 reps of the set. It's alright to cheat as long as you don't cheat on every single rep or ruin your back.
>>
>>42749147

For just about everything, you'll have the form you use @ 60-75% (ie you can retard it up, or you can make it look easy), the form for 75-90% (not perfectly strict, but not much room for error), and form @ 90%+ (where full body tension is going to be the good or ugly factor)

Where cheat reps shine is overloading the eccentric. If you can control that then the concentric is going to be less variable.

Of course, if you're a DYEL autist you're probably not taking advantage of the eccentric, losing tension, and making maybe 25% of the gains you could have
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.