[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are melatonin supplements a meme or will they actually help me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: me.jpg (16KB, 200x260px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
16KB, 200x260px
Are melatonin supplements a meme or will they actually help me sleep better and fix my sleep schedule?
>>
why dont you google it you dumb fuck
>>
>>42744500
It works the first few times then you gotta up dosage then it stops working and you have to stop using it for awhile
>>
>>42744519
>using jewgle
>>
>>42744519
why the fuck would I use google when I can ask complete strangers on /fit/ you faggot
>>
>>42744500
took a mela yesterday 3Gs. Slept good, but have to tire myself by doing something physical. we'll see tonight
>>
>>42744500
Yes
>>42744536
Not accurate at all.

You need to take low doses, and fuck stuff that says slow release.
Your dose should be from 1-2.5mg an hour before bed. Any more than that will cause you to wake up after only a couple hours, then you'll be wide awake since your serotonin works in a balancing act with melatonin
>>
Smoke weed or eat it you'll sleep great
>>
Yes but it's not really an on demand sleep aid. You can't just take it an hour before you want to sleep and then fall asleep. It's better for sleep schedule regulation. Meaning, you should take it at the same time every day and that will train your body to regulate it's sleep schedule. After a week or two you'll begin to start getting drowsy at an appropriate time (the time you set).
>>
File: bronson2.jpg (471KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bronson2.jpg
471KB, 1280x720px
It helps me, I use it to sleep "harder". Got a gf that has to cuddle when we're sleeping (2-3 times a week) and whenever she moved it woke me up, but the melatonin seemed to help me stay asleep. Maybe it's bullshit idfk
>>
>>42744500
The best thing you can do for your sleep is wake up early (five or six), work out regularly, do the same grooming and cleaning rituals before bed every single time you go to bed, and eat at regular times. Sleep hygiene basically.

But for some reason manchildren are allergic to regular schedules so they've all got sleep issues and pop benedril and melatonin to compensate.

Melatonin is not good for long term mental heath by the way.
>>
Can I take melanin supplements and become darker? Looking to spice up a dead bedroom.
>>
>>42745098
Kek

Yeah I think you have to eat more bioavailable melanin, best from human flesh.
>>
>>42744859
It's way easier to develop a dependence on weed for sleeping than it is for melatonin.
t. ex-smoker
>>
>>42745098
melanotan 2
>>
It gives me cool dreams
>>
I started taking 10mg tablets, didn't notice any significant change to my ability to sleep. Still take it because I have been shown compelling evidence that it inhibits tumorigenesis
>>
>>42745322
no you havent, look again
>>
I take some every once in a while.

It doesn't make me sleepy at all, but I've noticed when I take it I get a really good, full sleep. So yeah if you wake up a lot in the middle of the night I think they're good.
>>
>>42744500
i take between 18 and 24 mg every night to counteract the caffeine pills i take during the day, it definitely helps
>>
>>42745331
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5412427
>>
>>42744583
>ask complete strangers on /fit/
Who are more likely to lie to you than not.
>>
>>42745145
And once you develop a dependence on melatonin supplements you cannot wean off, because your thyroids will barely produce it anymore.
>>
will it help me get off the computer and into the bed knowing I have to get up and go to work in the morning?
>>
>>42745059

>Melatonin is not good for long term mental heath by the way.

meme
>>
>>42747055

this is not true
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.