[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never done Gym before, starting next week. I was very obese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: progress.png (482KB, 748x931px) Image search: [Google]
progress.png
482KB, 748x931px
Never done Gym before, starting next week.

I was very obese and then I stoped being obese and became pic related for the last 3/4 years. But I want to look good now.

I have no fucking clue what to do so I think I'll pay a Personal Trainer for guidance in my first sessions.

I need to cut, right?
>>
>>42743211
You need to read the sticky
>>
>>42743211
Yes cut and you need a high protein intake
You can look for programs in internet
>>
>>42743233
I've done it in the past, you're probably right though.

>>42743275
Thanks, that was all I was looking for.

Just a follow-up question so I can better search for programs, how would you describe my bodytype?
I think I have a warped perception of my own body.
What am I? Fat? Chubby? Skinnyfat?
>>
File: 1411206981718.png (20KB, 500x619px) Image search: [Google]
1411206981718.png
20KB, 500x619px
>>
>>42743343
Chubby on the verge of fat. Do you know what your BMI is?

also a couple of things,

1. personal trainers are good for motivation but a lot of them are there only to get your money. I'm not saying to not use them, but I've stories where they will keep changing routines and shit so people keep paying them

I've never used one, if you browse /r/fitness (it's reddit, but it's actually really good) you'll learn a lot. Pick a routine you can do every week, and is at least midly enjoyable.

2. Working out is great, but you HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE to focus on dieting. if you wanna lose weight, how much you workout will not really matter. Get MyFitnessPal on your phone and start to track how much you eat. Please. Do that.

For me, it's so much easier to lose weight if I'm going to a gym. workouts keep me motivated because they make me feel good. I want that good feeling to not go to waste, so I eat well too and make sure I'm eating enough to gain or lose, depending on what I'm trying to do.

3. Don't worry too much about the quality of your workouts for the first month. Just go to the gym and try to do them. You're just trying to build up the habit, and once you have the habit, it's very easy to improve yourself. Building it is the hard part, but all it takes is just leaving for the gym 3-4 days a week.
>>
>>42743503
Thanks for all the pieces of advice. Saving them.

Unsure about my BMI, I think it was about 22% last time I checked it before the summer, but I was a little thinner back then.
>>
>>42743630
I think you're thinking of body fat percentage. BMI is body mass index.

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

There's a BMI calculator. It'll tell you if you're technically overweight or obese. It's also just useful to know because sometimes it's hard to get a picture of how weight relates to height. Like someone who is 6'3 and weights 180 is kinda skinny, but 5'9 and 180 is sorta chubby

Anyways, I just wanna re-iterate that you can make it if you really put effort into what you eat. Honestly, I would just download myfitnesspal and eat normally like you would for a week and track that to see where you're going wrong. Is it that you're eating snacks in between meals? Are you meals too big? stuff like that.

Also the idea of 'a diet' is so incredibly ineffective. The only way you'll change is if you look at this as a lifestyle change and you're willing to go through what that means. You aren't going on a diet to lose weight for 6-12 months, you're going on a cut to get less fat (while working out), and then you're going to bulk for 6 months while working out and eating protein to gain muscle, then a cut, then a bulk, etc.

That's the view i feel like you have to have to improve your body.

Eat like 2000 calories a day, eat a lot of protein, workout 3-5 times a week, and you'll fucking make it
>>
>>42743677
You're absolutely right. I mixed them up. My BMI is at 25.5, just on the verge of overweight, which is how I feel too.
I am relatively aware of my heating habits and I think I can spot my biggest problems, which are eating a lot of low quality carbs and occasional alcohol binges.

In what regards the mentality I need to have, I think your outlook is very healthy and probably leads to success and making it.

As for motivation for the lifestyle change, I already have it and I don't see it going away anytime soon!

Thank you once again for the time you took to help me!
>>
i'm two centimetres taller than you and 11kg lighter, you need to cut and hit the gym, maybe do some cardio if you want. i'm dyel almost otter mode.
>>
>>42744026
forgot to say ex-chubster, was a lazy fat piece of shit all my life. came in at about almost 85kg before realized how disgusting i was. took me about a year of IF + cardio 3-4 times and gym 4-5 times too. we are all gonna make it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.