[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here completely drug free? (alcohol and narcotics, not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: avi.png (59KB, 216x216px) Image search: [Google]
avi.png
59KB, 216x216px
Anyone here completely drug free? (alcohol and narcotics, not juice)

I'm 23 and think I may be developing a drinking problem. My whole family is full of alcoholics so I'd like to stay away from it, at the same time, it's hard to imagine a life without getting stoned or sipping some whiskey.

Anyone go completely straight edge? did it work out?
>>
File: 214909012490124.jpg (20KB, 480x353px) Image search: [Google]
214909012490124.jpg
20KB, 480x353px
Yes. Consume the Demon Ether.

The Demonic Army grows day by day.

Pit Lord Piana leads one of the finest elite demon battalions, along side Satyr Zyzz.

Unforgotten, I will collect.
>>
>>42742752
In a clean living house right now. Have been clean for almost 2 years.
I still get cravings for alcohol sometimes but getting to where I need to be doesn't involve it.
My advice to you is to look at whether or not a life of alcoholism would affect your goals.
It's going to be extremely difficult with a genetic pre disposition but the feeling of being clean is a high in itself.
>>
>>42742752
During my 20s, I enjoyed beer too much. Not a frequency problem but more a quantity. And this I ballooned.

I started working and ended up drinking perhaps one night per week. I started smoking more weed.

Then I moved to a country where alcohol is illegal and drugs gets you executed in public, so I started cigarettes. Bad idea.

Now I'm 34. I don't smoke anymore. Weed is a very occasional, once a quarter thing as I generally don't enjoy it anymore. It got boring. Drinking is also rather limited... Perhaps a glass of wine in a Sunday dining with my parents. Rarely any other time. I can't stand getting liquored up.

I also managed to lose the belly and now I'm working on adding muscle. Yes I regret many things in my teens and twenties. But I'm not going that way, so I'm only looking forward.

Sometimes I feel others think I'm boring. Perhaps. I just don't get enjoyment out of those things. My vice: Grindr
>>
https://youtu.be/OngZCOKyiqg

p legit

you just gotta cut all of that stuff out man

what's the actual benefit? feeling good for a little bit? is it even "you" that's feeling good? you're not yourself when you're drunk or high so who's to say that that happiness is even yours
>>
>>42742752
Full edge. Not even caffeine
>>
>>42742752
Teyneol is a fucking drug, your question doesn't make sense. I don't think you understand what drugs are, it's not just the booze that mentally handicaps you, it's also the little things like caffeine in your coffee. Using the label "drugs" doesn't make sense in the context I think you're trying to get at. I think what you're really concerned about is addiction, not drugs. That's a different story and there's many treatment options for alcoholics
>>
everything in moderation.

the problem with drugs is it's very easy to not do them moderately completely on accident.
>>
>>42743972
you're being a pedantic cunt.
>>
>>42742752

I lived sober for 5 years. I'm much happier now that I have dealt with the crippling emotional issues that I was trying to numb with drugs and alcohol and now just use drugs and alcohol for recreational purposes. I did have to get sober to deal with that shit tho.
>>
my father died because of alcoholism last november

dont repeat his mistakes
i stopped drinking, smoking weed and drugs in general while ago.
I will drink a beer if someone nags me but if i can avoid it, i will.

My father was intelligent man but he couldnt cope with his own feels i think, and im pretty much same person as him so i avoid addictions.

I should stop with coffee too
>>
>>42742752
I cant imagine my life without it but im in my early 20's and hate my life and might be going to prison soon so its kinda like i don't know what to do desu
>>
I know I have an addictive personality so I tend to avoid them
>>
I recently have started to lay off of drinking and smoking hookah. I already had some stomach issues in my early twenties and I need to start taking much better care ofy internal health rather than just focusing on the outside. Like right now, for example, I have a very small twinge in my middle right abdomen area every time I start to do strenuous labor. Just have to give up the Devil's nectar for good and live as long as possible.
>>
>>42742752
i've partied for around 5 years straight. you get sick of it after some time.

it actually makes life more difficult, not more enjoyable. sobriety normalizes your baseline, puts your feet on the ground, reality becomes more tenable.
>>
>>42742752
I'd recommend NAC as a tool to help you get off alcohol if it proves to be a problem. In addition to detoxing your liver (which in all likelihood could use a little help) it's been proven in clinical trials to help reduce thoughts/cravings that may lead to relapse.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.