[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love the sport of boxing and I really want to do it for fitness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

I love the sport of boxing and I really want to do it for fitness and self defence. I'm also a shy faggot. Can I get to a reasonable level of boxing just by buying a heavy bag and teaching myself through internet videos (eg. FightTips)? Or do I absolutely need to join a gym?
>>
6'1 fag with 6'7 wingspan here

what combat sport do i learn to be good at it
>>
>>42741686
OP here, with reach like that you'd be a freak boxer
>>
Didn't you post this shit yesterday? And got called a faggot?
>>
>>42741702
wasn't me mate, I haven't posted on /fit/ for a good while
>>
>>42741699
how do i find good place to learn how to throw punches
>>
>>42741727
if you mean place as in internet site I really recommend FightTips on youtube
>>
>>42741671
Go join a gym you faggot, there's a reason that there are 0 successful self-taught boxers
>>
>>42741671
The only way boxers get good is by sparring people that are better than them and gettig their ass beat, experience over everything in boxing my friend. You can hit a stationary bag all day, it gets you fit but does nothing in improving self defence
>>
>>42741671
By facing a sparring opponent you are breaking that shyness. Trust me. I was in your shoes exactly a year ago. This confrontation is vital to your manliness. Had i bought a bag for home i would be same beta shy guy i was back then. It's a perfect opportunity my shy bro.
If you are scared of brain damage, just tell others so they go lightly on your head. I have really bad TMJ problems and everybody was cool with avoiding my jaw.
Also this >>42741767
>>
>>42741671
yeah like the other anons were saying, joining a gym is the best thing to do, without sparring there's only so far you can go, trust me i have trained in quite a few boxing gyms and they always have great atmospheres to them
>>
>>42741845
This.

Boxing still draws a generally friendly and hardworking type. Unlike Mma/Muay Thai/bjj which seem to draw absolute faggots out to ego stroke
>>
80% of boxe is getting used to getting slapped in the face and not flinching and being able to slap the other guy bypassing his shenanigans

>>42741686

>6'7 wingspan

literally just dance around the ring and just jab all day to win boxe matches see Klitchko brothers
>>
>>42741671

so you havent sparred, dont go to a boxing gym, dont own a heavybag..

i think what you mean by 'love the sport of boxing' is that you love watching boxing on the television
>>
>>42741845
>>42741873
those

also
https://www.youtube.com/user/tripleVVV3
>>
Just go to a fucking gym. I used to be a shy faggot too, but after years of training you gain confidence boosts and shit and its fucking awesome.

But to answer your question, no you'll fucking suck
>>
Don't learn boxing.

It will help you deal with normies if irl sth happens. However if sb who learned MMA/Muay/etc. is your opponent then you'll get to suck some dick.

>inb4 anything

None of you do actual combat sports if you deny that.

Somebody like Mayweather would get his twink ass destroyed by anybody who learned MMA/Krav Maga and such for 3+ years.
>>
enjoy your CTE
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.