[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay so I decided that I want to enlist in the military in when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2744.jpg (50KB, 314x349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2744.jpg
50KB, 314x349px
Okay so I decided that I want to enlist in the military in when I'm done with school (7 months). My strength is currently okay, but stamina is near zero. I have read the sticky. Does any of you armyfags have a recommendation for cardio? My plan is to do 3/4 days a week gym and 3/2 days a week cardio. Thanks
>>
>>42741172
just do couch to 5k bro.
>>
>>42741172
Cardio is king when joining the army. Do a few pushups and be able to lift your bodyweight but make sure you can run long distances without getting tired.
>>
>>42741172
Yeah man run, alot. Do HIIT, long slow distance and then go and actually practice for the 2.4km/1.5 miler until you can get it down to a good time, sub 9mins and youll be a living god in training.

Just be warned if you are going combat you will lose your gains. You cant maintain muscle mass and the fitness required and be a grunt. You need to be lean and agile, able to carry heavy weights for long distances and ru/sprint over rough terrain in body armour. Having all that heavy muscles on you will slow you the fuck down.
>>
>>42741424
Further more to that the Army is where you stop bullshitting yourself. If you just lift for size and aesthetics of you're just built fat and look good in a tight shirt it will become apparent. Being able to bench 3 plates means fuck all if you cant back it up on long ruck marches. Cheers.
>>
>>42741172
Do 3-4 days of cardio and 2-3 days of lifting. Cardio is way more important for the military. And you will still get gains with 2 days a week with lifting
>>
look up 60:120
>>
>>42741424
>>42741434
Not true, depends where you're deployed

I saw some pretty big Batt boys and Group guys, thick necks, sailor forearms, all that

Iraq was great 'cause the gyms there were comparable to Gold's even, and we had 1.5x food budget so we got protein powder and surf n turf Friday. Lots of Crossfit and fitness memes around, I'm glad ruck runs are out but you're gonna get plenty of broscience - but they've pretty much moved to pro sports style strength and conditioning in high speed units since they want to keep guys around longer

Afghanistan was a gains goblin

You're gonna lose gains in basic if you've got them, but you can build that back up after you get to your unit. There's the unit PT, but plenty of guys exercise outside of that

Take the opportunity to improve your calisthenics and don't ruck too often, it'll fry your CNS
>>
Interval training 4x4 is really efficient.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.