[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/plg/ - powerlifting general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 32

File: huskii.jpg (109KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
huskii.jpg
109KB, 960x960px
Powerlifting (generally)
>>
File: 1504434581705.jpg (147KB, 500x452px) Image search: [Google]
1504434581705.jpg
147KB, 500x452px
>>42737761

First for cutting sucks
>>
>>42737761
would you say powerlifters are generally husky
>>
In for gaining weight
>>
is it bad that i do ohp, dl, squat and bench every work out session? (i go 3x a week) after seeing some good linear progress after 6 months, i have been kind of plateauing with slower progress in the past 3 months.
>>
>>42737817
also wondering if i should switch to oly as it seems more fun
>>
>>42737817
Like you do all 4 lifts 3x a week? Definitely break that up.
>>
>>42737845
You can do large compound movements of squatting, deadlift, and pressing every day of the goddamn week if you want to. It all comes to how much you enjoy lifting and how disciplined you are about going into the gym everyday and accepting setbacks.
>>
>>42737908
Show me one accomplished lifter or coach that advises doing squat and deadlift and bench and overhead press every single workout.
>>
>>42737785
> Cutting when you're over 6ft and under 120kg
Why
>>
>>42737920
Mike tusk chair did it in project momentum but I do agree that it is incredibly uncommon
>>
>>42737845
yep. i've seen most PLers are doing ppl programming so i am looking to switch to that atm

>>42737908
i enjoy doing them but i also want to feel like i'm making the most progress i can which i feel like i might not be
>>
>>42737920
Almost everybody does some type of hip hinging and pressing every time they go into the gym unless they're doing an upper lower split. If it is convenient, there are only benefits to spreading out your volume throughout the week with higher frequency.

I sometimes go months at a time without a day off. I honestly don't give a shit if it's the most optimal way to train, but it is the way that I like to train.
>>
>>42737927

Trimming some fat, ate at a surplus for 18 months. Gained 30lbs, stopping on September 23rd.
>>
File: IMG401.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG401.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
What happened to:

Marcel
Norsefat
Fil
Pas
Supermong
>>
>>42738018
Paul is dead and trappy won't come back!
>>
how can i learn more about anatomy and mechanics of lifting?
>>
>>42738114
clinical anatomy, kinesiology, and body mechanics books.

or you could go into physical therapy
>>
File: supermong.png (1MB, 850x1100px) Image search: [Google]
supermong.png
1MB, 850x1100px
>>42738018
Supermong reached a 1200 lb diddly (Isley got scared) after only 3 years of lifting. He then left humanity, and all of the rest of us, behind.
>>
File: Antony of Egypt.jpg (35KB, 527x796px) Image search: [Google]
Antony of Egypt.jpg
35KB, 527x796px
>>42738018
Oldfag who is stopping by not a regular anymore, what also happened to /owg/? I know not a lot of people could take the training truly seriously, but I remember it was still pretty active. Is this place just going into the garbage? Is it the generalfags? Is it 4chan in general (I also dont browse the rest of the site much anymore). Is this what it feels like? Im only 20, yet I feel so old...
>>
>>42737972
All I read from that is I don't wanna sacrifice to win I wanna be a twink
>>
File: ThatsPrettyBrutal.jpg (9KB, 236x188px) Image search: [Google]
ThatsPrettyBrutal.jpg
9KB, 236x188px
>>42738018

>Marcel

He became disgusted and disappointed in the general, so he left.

>Norsefat

Works like a dog as an engineer at a mine in bumfuck nowhere, I think in one of the Dakotas. He pops in on occasion, but he's normally too busy, and he isn't lifting much.

>Fil

Just kinda stopped coming in. I don't think he liked it here, either.

>Pas

Dunno who that is.

>Supermong

His sister got doxxed, so he left.

>>42736829

That's what I've been thinking. I honestly have no idea how people get to bring their dogs to work. Maybe it's just the industry I'm going into (engineering), but there are basically no workplaces I've seen that could even consider having an animal around.

>>42738233

>no weight classes in the jungle
>>
>>42738233

Nah, I wanna be less fat for my wedding.
>>
>>42738345

Moving down to the 83's I see
>>
>>42738137
looking for book recs if you know anye good ones?
>>
>>42738345
Enjoy losing half you shit all women are whores im a strong independent MGTOW
>>
>>42738740
Holy strawman batman
>>
>>42738767
That's not what that word means.
>>
>>42738819
I only literally ever said 1/3 of that, can't think of a better word to describe it.
>>
Dear Mister I'm-Too-Good-To-Post-Or-Make-WebMs-My-Fans,
This'll be the last (you) I ever send your ass
It's been six minutes and still no word. I don't deserve it?
I know you got my last two (yous);
I wrote the post numbers on 'em perfect
So this is my Norman Kahn I'm sending you, I hope you see it
I'm in the car right now, I'm doing 90 on the freeway
Hey Isley, I drank a fifth of Whisky, you dare me to drive?
You know the video by Mark Turscher don't just strive in it, thrive in it"
About that guy who coulda saved that other guy from stalling?
But didn't, then Filip saw it all, then at a discord he found him?
That's kinda how this is, you coulda rescued me from stalling
Now it's too late. I'm on a PEDs now, I'm drowsy
And all I wanted was a lousy (you) or a vocaroo
I hope you know I deleted all of your pictures off my folder
I love you, Isley, we coulda lifted together, think about it
You ruined it now, I hope you can't bench more and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't deadlift and you scream about it
I hope your conscience eats at you and you can't try hard without me
See, Isley,—shut up bitch! I'm trying to talk!
Hey, Isley, that's my Brazilian hobbit transsexual screaming in the trunk,
But I didn't slit (h)er throat, I just tied her up. See, I ain't like you
'Cause if she suffocates she'll never know what its like to be GDE, and then she'll die happy, too
Well, gotta go, I'm almost at the lolfed meet now
Oh shit, I forgot, how'm I supposed to send this Norman Kahn out?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gpGqGHEr_8
>>
>>42738835
psst, the word is projection
>>
>>42738740
>Enjoy losing half you shit
neuroticism off the charts

>all women are whores
projection

>strong
false

>independent
false

>virgins going their own way
kek
>>
>>42738839
This was my post. I didn't give you permission to repost it.

Delet
>>
>>42738835
You just did. Now go read some Orwell essays and think about how you just bastardised the English language with your shameless use of vague buzzwords in place of easy to understand and concise statements.
>>
File: images (1).png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).png
4KB, 225x225px
>>42738870
But that's just so cliche

>>42738891
>>
>>42738878
I sincerely hope you're not taking b8 posts seriously.
>>
*breaths heavily*

I want my waifu now mommy
>>
>>42739031

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMK_npDG12Q
>>
>>42739031
Can I ask you a question and receive an honest answer?
>>
File: 1499483099068.gif (613KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
1499483099068.gif
613KB, 498x498px
>Long, contemplative bulking shits
>>
>>42738080
reallly
>>
>>42739031
how many times have you released seed for her?
>>
>>42738191

/owg/ masturbated themselves over their flawless 185 lbs C&J technique so hard that they wound up entirely on Discord, apparently.
>>
>>42739031

She's a little young, isn't she?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVP_w1rQweE
>>
File: pepe41.png (10KB, 427x451px) Image search: [Google]
pepe41.png
10KB, 427x451px
>>42739148
>Im still laughing
>>
>>42739247
what's your best snatch/c+j
>>
>>42738018
4chan is garbage now. Everyone with any sense is jumping ship. I only come in like once a week personally.
>>
>>42739405

I just come here to preach the good word of CRJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLtG7QBXRNI&t=3325s
>>
>>42739424
Blocked in my country

I unironically like some of her stuff though
>>
>>42739437
>unironically

Her music is pure and beautiful and positive
>>
What's a hypertrophy phase and how do I program it?

Also, when cutting, do you leave accessories and pump/isolation work in, reduce them or something else? How do you plan for strength progression when cutting?
>>
File: what is he doing with his brain.png (275KB, 493x416px) Image search: [Google]
what is he doing with his brain.png
275KB, 493x416px
>>42739437
>unironically
>>
>>42739449

If you don't know these things, I would recommend reading Practical Programming for Strength Training by Rippetoe et al.
>>
>>42739449
When cutting I increase isolation because they're the only exercises that are easy to maintain intensity, have no recovery issues and make me feel better about myself because I don't get weaker at them.
>>
>>42737761

Be sure to pray for Bryce Lewis lads he is going through a very tough breakup and that can be hard.
>>
>>42739471
>cutting advice
>rippetoe
Does he actually give good advice in the book?
>>
>>42739471
>>42739471
Which chapter of this god-awful book explains in detail how to program a hypertrophy phase based on my own goals (not rip's)? I don't remember it even being mentioned.
>>
>>42739489

Yes. His advice is to not.

Chad Wesley Smith also recently released a very in depth book on programming, but it's pretty deep stuff, and I would start with Ripp for the basics.
>>
>>42739496

Mate, maybe you shouldn't be trashing Ripp's knowledge if you're going to try and program for muscle growth while you're cutting.
>>
>>42739480
he cheated on his wife with an asian prostitute, I think that it was well dserved
>>
>>42739496
>based on my own goals
how DARE you have goals other than weigh 105kg and be stronger than you were when you didn't weigh as much
don't you know that muscle definition is IRRELEVANT to strength and that strength is the ONLY factor that measures whether lifting weights was time well spent?
>>
>>42739515
Not the original guy, just challenging your shitty generalised rip circlejerk advice because I've actually read the book and it was a long winded snoozefest of basic knowledge which doesn't actually explain how to practically approach training myself beyond something Trappy would have posted along the lines of "do TM but make it a split so you feel like you're inventing something".

For this reason I asked you to name a specific chapter that was relevant to the conversation, instead of posting the same old zero-thought response that's no more useful than "SS + GOMAD", as much as you'd like to think you're contributing something of value.

>>42739561
Why use muscle definition to measure progress when you can use wilks?
>>
>>42739586

The implication I was making that if the poster didn't understand the basic concept of a hypertrophy block, maybe he should start with the foundational knowledge present in PPfST, before moving onto more in depth books, like what I suggested here: >>42739504

y u mad tho
>>
>>42739515
>>42739586
Also for the purpose of this discussion, if you're even willing to think for 2 seconds, let's assume my goals are a simple as "Maintain maximal muscle on a deficit or gain maximal muscle on a surplus with a secondary goal of gaining proficiency in the 3 power lifts with the sole purpose of becoming a better lifter on the platform.", proficiency defined as the ability to lift maximal weight safely and within the rules with one's current muscle mass. This is a secondary goal because a hypertrophy block would by nature sacrifice specificity for increased tonnage. Also, we can assume weight classes don't exist and wilks is the only thing that matters for simplicity.

>>42739602
"What's a hypertrophy phase?" is a 30 second answer, which does not require reading rip's long winded drivel, while "How do I program it?" is an open ended question requiring discussion which isn't even brought up in PP.
>>
>>42739547
The asian prostitute WAS his wife you dummy
>>
File: howhigh.jpg (64KB, 674x547px) Image search: [Google]
howhigh.jpg
64KB, 674x547px
>>42739662

Mate, wtf are you even trying to say here? I was asked "how do I program hypertrophy?" and based on the lack of understanding, I suggested some reading to build understanding of basic programming concepts.
>>
>>42739708
I want to know if you can actually come up with a resource for this specific purpose, which is probably that guy's purpose. I was being specific because it's easier to give one resourse for a specific problem than a broad one. As it stands with your advice, he'll go skim read those 2 books and still have zero idea what to do.
>>
>>42739739

Then he's not ready to do his own programming.
>>
>>42739748
Of course not, so why link him to that when you can link him to Lyle Mcdonald's generic bulking routine and tell him to progressively add sets. I'd also say that Israetel's blog posts are retard proof when it comes teaching noobs how to program short training blocks with specific goals in mind. Why would you give a man advice he wouldn't know how to use? And also in this case, advice that would be obviously unhelpful if he had the knowledge to use it.
>>
>>42739768

I believe understanding the theories behind programming much more important than copying a premade routine. That is my opinion.
>>
>>42739793
The problem is Rip doesn't care to explain the theory behind TM. He starts by saying "periodisation is important", then says "we're going to use periodisation", then he says "you're going to squat heavy every x days and that's that" and then he throws TM at you and doesn't talk about DUP or any of the principles except for the reasoning behind a volume day and a test day. Nothing explaining different kinds of programming, programming for different goals, or even different kinds of strength programming beyond TM/Starr. If you're teaching someone how to create a program in a practical scenario, you're teaching them how to define a goal, then work towards it. For a book titled "practical programming" it fails miserably at teaching someone to program their lifting in a practical situation. The entire book is based on one hypothetical situation which is pretty much "16 year olds who need to gain bodyweight for the football season and would like for some of it to be quality mass".
>>
Hey fellas, doing Texas Method, question:

If I do a 5x5 Pendlay Row on light day (while recovering from previous day's 5x5 bench) Will it mess with my 1x5 bench PR on intensity day (next day's workout) ?
>>
>>42740020
Probably not. Try it.
>>
>>42739874
>>42739793
Original guy here. Questions still stand.
>>
>>42740106
Read Scientific Principles of Strength Training assuming you're not a complete retard or so new that you don't understand basic concepts. If you are new, follow an established program while you learn. If you don't care, follow programs forever.
>>
>>42740106
I'll even spoonfeed you a (((rare))) pdf.

http://dlx.b-ok.org/userbooks/4/0c60aa62052709345336e9c4005ce6a2/_as/[Mike_Israetel_Chad_Wesley_Smith]_Scientific_princ(b-ok.org).pdf
>>
>>42740140
Thanks
>>
Explain to me why chins are important
>>
>>42740394
basically train your whole upper body.
>>
>>42740394
Dude get your weighted chin 5RM up to 0.6 of your bodyweight and your lats will be massive. I've never noticed any powerlifting carryover though.
>>
>>42740422
>I've never noticed any powerlifting carryover though

I've heard people say chins give carryover to bench. Anyone have experience with this?
>>
>>42740437
I went from shitty bench to good bench, by just adding curls and chin ups. Didn't change anything in my bench programming and it still blew up.
>>
>>42740437
>I've heard people say chins give carryover to bench. Anyone have experience with this?
it is common knowledge by know that big back and big arms increase the leverage on the bench

Obviously it does not strengthen the prime movers directly but it helps guaranteed. Ever wonder why the best benchers are always jacked? Twinks aside ofc
>>
How do I find out what my maximum recoverable volume is? Is it the amount of work I can do without having DOMS in the next session or something more intuitive?
>>
For all the faggots still cutting
Why?
>>
>>42740632
Because I am obese
>>
File: IMG_3897.jpg (122KB, 960x877px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3897.jpg
122KB, 960x877px
>>42740640
Can't argue that
>>
>>42740624
>How do I find out what my maximum recoverable volume is? Is it the amount of work I can do without having DOMS in the next session or something more intuitive?
you clearly havent been overtrained ever

i can tell you from firsthand experience that youll feel like shit, everything is sore and tight and you wont sleep as good
>>
>>42740650
But doesn't overtraining/overreaching come from months of accumulated fatigue? Presumably I wouldn't feel as though I'd programmed too much volume just from one training session?
>>
>>42740755
You don't need months. It can definitely take one or two sessions if they're completely retarded.
>>
>>42740755
i guess thats true but its not like you havent trained before so you have a degree of fatigue accumulated anyway
>>
I saw a powerlifter in comp benching and he pretty much just dropped it straight down onto his chest, not controlled or slow or anything just dropped it, paused then pushed up.

Is this a legit strategy? He was doing over 4 plate and set a new record in an IPF division.
>>
>>42740802
link me up the video senpai
>>
>>42740817

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrrn33-x6eU

Actually watching it he doesn't really drop it but it moves down fast compared to other liftes

How does this compare to doing it slow and controlled?
>>
>>42740779
So what are the signs and how are they spotted? How can you train sustainably?
>>
>>42740830
Do you feel tired all the time?
>>
>>42740828
tbf this weight looked kinda easy for him, even off the chest it's pretty fast, so it was fast downward movement but definitely controlled.
>>
>>42740844
So it's very much a case of simply listening to your body and not ignoring pain and fatigue?
>>
>>42740928
If your training starts making you feel like shit outside of the squat rack you're probably fatigued or overtrained.
>>
>>42740844
Different guy, but I feel tired all the time and it was a thing even before I started lifting.
>>
>>42740928
https://renaissanceperiodization.com/training-volume-landmarks-muscle-growth/

MV = Maintenance Volume
How much volume you need to maintain your gains.
MEV = Minimum Effective Volume
Whats the least amount of volume needed to make gains.
MAV = Maximum Adaptive Volume
This is the range of volumes in which you make your best gains. It’s a much more of a range than the other volume landmarks because it changes greatly within each training mesocycle (week to week).
MRV = Maximum Recoverable Volume
When the total amount of volume starts to become greater than your recovery and you start impeding your progress.

>>42740964
See a psych.
>>
>>42740973
Psychic? I'm not sure how that would help? This is just a life as a wage cuck.
>>
>>42740997
Assuming you're sleeping and eating right, you're probably sick. Also you're on 4chan so I just jumped straight to assuming you're mentally ill, hence see a psychiatrist.
>>
>>42740964
you probally have low test
>>
Who here /gde/?
In life and in powerlifting?
>>
>>42737761
Can you wear Nike or Adidas singlets to USAPL meets`?
>>
>>42741128
gde is a mindset

never quit

never fail
>>
>>42740973
Very enlightening read, thanks very much breh.

Two things I'm not sure of:
does adding sets necessitate a reduction in weight? If 3x10 rows is challenging, you can't just make it 4x10 at the same weight, or am I missing something?
Also, to what extent does one divide up muscle groups when adding sets? Do you have to independently consider delts, chest, tris etc and add extensions, laterals when necessary, or can you lump it all under the "push" category and simply add push exercises when necessary?
>>
>>42740973
Ignore the second part of >>42741302 as I skipped the first part and have my answer after reading it
>>
>>42741128
>>42741224

wtf is gde
>>
>>42741302
https://www.reddit.com/r/weightroom/comments/6674a4/dr_mike_israetels_training_tips_for_hypertrophy/

You pick one intensity to start with and add sets to create overload. Either that or you pick a rep/set range and add weight.
>>
File: shigslee.png (104KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
shigslee.png
104KB, 250x250px
>>42741224
>gde is a mindset
>>
>>42741343
you
>>
>>42741047
Should I just buy some test and cycle to see if it improves? I bet going on a cycle is gonna cost me about as much as testing my blood.
>>
>>42741373
>gde is a mindset

A lot of it is.

>Fixed mindset, vs growth mindset.
>High neuroticism.
>extrinsicically motivated vs intrinsic
>Too socially inept to lift with people or a team.

These are all more important than your physical genetics, to an extent.
>>
>>42741343
being another relatively new faggot I searched and I think it's an acronym for Genetic Dead End
>>
>>42741467
BUT THOSE FACTORS ARE ALL DUE TO MY GENETICS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>42741495
You can improve mindset more easily than femur length, bitch.
>>
>>42741467
>Fixed mindset, vs growth mindset.
possibly
>High neuroticism.

how does this change anything?

>Too socially inept to lift with people or a team.
>implying

genetic dead end has nothing to do with those things. GDE is having shitty proportions, poor hormonal profile and crap responsiveness to training.
>>
>>42741500
I dont give a FUCK about femur length

Im naturally unathletic, dont put on muscle or gain strength easily

3 yrs and 310 wilks kill me now
>>
>>42741519
>Example of being a mental gde, the post.
>>
>>42741520
Maybe you don't actually like powerlifting and you're not trying very hard. Lots of guys want to be big and strong to make up for their shortcomings but they don't actually like working hard
>>
>>42741533
Shit bait fagboi
>>
>>42741525
explain to me how two people can do exactly the same thing and have different outcomes?

are you implying you can change your biology be sheer force of will?
>>
>>42741519
>>42741520
>>42741533
I've got about the same shit progress as you dude but I don't care. I love lifting barbells. Being intrinsically motivated makes you much less prone to giving up since you're not doing something for a reward, doing the thing IS the reward.
>>
i've been powerlifting for 5 years and bench 100kg at 95kg
>>
>>42741556
You never stopped doing ss did u
>>
>>42741544
I'm saying that your central nervous system is one of the most important components of strength.

Your central nervous system isn't some type of ethereal spirit. It starts with your goddamn brain.

All physical things being equal, those with a better mindset and a healthier disposition will be much better lifters.
>>
>>42741551
>doing the thing IS the reward
I know man DL is basically the only reason I haven't kms yet
>>
File: no homo.jpg (108KB, 550x736px) Image search: [Google]
no homo.jpg
108KB, 550x736px
>>42741559
inb4 ban
>>
>>42741556
That's pretty sad, but most normies at the gym will never bench 100kg despite lifting for 10 years.
>>
File: 55406.jpg (113KB, 1599x965px) Image search: [Google]
55406.jpg
113KB, 1599x965px
>>42738191
>oldfag
>20
>>
>>42741570
I hope you know that's fake.
>>
>>42741544
literally mental GDE the post. I used to train with someone who said the exact same thing, but guess what; he never tried hard or pushed himself

99% who claim GDE are just lazy and want to pretend theyre putting in the work others are
>>
>>42741597
You dont know what oldfag means, newfag.
>>
>>42741525
>>42741519
I mean there's two ways to go about things.

A: What you're trying to achieve is hard. So you work hard in spite of others having superior achievements. You show mental tenacity and strive to achieve your goals despite having been dealt a shitty hand. Nobody will realize this upon looking at you, but you can take pride in what you've worked on.

B: What you're trying to achieve is hard. You're probably not gonna reach the same levels as others because they're more gifted than you. You find it meaningless and decide to quit wasting time.

Apply yourself.
>>
>>42741624
he hasnt lived long enough to be an "oldfag"
>>
>>42741632
I'm 19 and I've been on here for 7 years. When I started the site had only been around for 7 years.
>>
>>42741612
you're missing my point. Two people can do the exact same training cycle. Have the same food intake, therefore they are both trying as hard as each other.

however there will likely, like a lot of things in nature be a bell curve distribution of outcomes, some better some worse. This is well documented and I don't see how you can disagree with this reasoning.
>>
>>42741635
Fuck off frog
>>
>>42741635
>2010
>oldfag
heh, you were still shitting in diapers when we were shitposting on 4chan
>>
>>42741639
>This is well documented and I don't see how you can disagree with this reasoning.

It is also documented that neurotic spergs who don't acknowledge their mental deficiencies don't make very good athletes.
>>
>>42741639
No he's just baiting you.
>>
I'm not the B person, that doesn't mean i'm not a GDE

GDEs are real and a product of nature and to deny their existance is to live in delusion.
>>
File: h.jpg (56KB, 843x363px) Image search: [Google]
h.jpg
56KB, 843x363px
>>42741650
but i'm not neurotic
>>
>>42741660
where did you take this
>>
>>42741693

http://www.personalityassessor.com/bigfive/
http://www.personalityassessor.com/ipip120/
http://www.personalityassessor.com/ipip300/

these are in order of ascending accuracy (suuposedly) but it's gonna be roughly right
>>
>>42741639
the """"GDE"""" can:
>deflate their max
>do an rpe9 single when theyre supposed to max
>lowball amraps
>lowball RMs
>not make jumps they probably can/should
>not get fired up for heavy sets and fail
>do all of these things when its time to test their new max at the end of the program

all of these can be done unconsciously so you cant say you dont do them. ultimately; gun to youre head, you could probably add ~20kg to your lifts instantly f(a)m
>>
File: ss (2017-09-04 at 01.31.43).png (54KB, 880x355px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-09-04 at 01.31.43).png
54KB, 880x355px
>>42741660
oh fuck what do I do
>>
>>42741654
no ones saying GDEs dont exist. just that most self diagnosed GDEs just arent trying hard enough
>>
>>42741654
Yeah just like there are actually a few people out there with a thyroid condition. But it's mostly made up by mentally weak people who want to make themselves feel better for being a piece of lazy shit

If you were born without arms or legs you're allowed to call yourself a genetic dead-end. Only a few people get to be world champions, that doesn't mean the rest of us should write ourselves off
>>
>>42741783
Well then why aren't you a world champ then if genetics doesn't exists and the only thing that matters is trying hard? Are you a little pussy?
>>
>>42741798
Nothing, just be conscious of what it means
>>
>>42741660
Your agreeableness is very high, are you a woman? That would explain weak lifts
>>
>>42741823
I never said that GDEs dont exist. I said that most people calling themselves GDEs are just average and not trying hard. this works the other way as well; strength is a bell curve, so youre statistically more likely to be in the middle than top or bottom percentile
>>
>>42741823
Nice straw man

World champions have innumerable factors in their favor, including the physical gifts necessary to reach an elite level. But they also have a tremendous mental profile.

For those of us with more average genetics we can look to improve our mental profile so we can come closer to our own personal potential.
>>
Lads just moved cities have an option of a normie as fuck commercial gym that is 2 steps outside of work or a weightlifting/powerlifting that is 15 mins drive away, both have squat rack etc...
>>
>>42741857
A 15 minute drive for a real gym shouldn't even be a question you faggot
>>
>>42741855
Nonsense. You probably don't try very hard. If you try harder you'll see that I'm right.
>>
File: see you cowboy.png (729KB, 1301x985px) Image search: [Google]
see you cowboy.png
729KB, 1301x985px
>>42741823
>why aren't you a world champ

how do you know Im not friend :)
>>
>>42741867
Real gym is full of men and tumblr tier dyke weightlifters meanwhile the normie gym has hot bitches that were miring tough decision man
>>
>>42741869
Ignoring your sarcasm, I don't actually want to be a world champion in powerlifting. I prefer to have balance in my life outside of the gym, so I'm not willing to make the investment necessary.
>>
File: knut.jpg (106KB, 634x739px) Image search: [Google]
knut.jpg
106KB, 634x739px
>>42741875
please delete this. A unknown friend would be upset if he saw this
>>
>>42741857
Which is cheaper and does powerlifting gym have any equipment you need that normal gym don't?
>>
>>42741857
If you plan on competing or want better gains you're probably gonna want to join the powerlifting gym. You make better gains if you train somewhere people are stronger than you.
>>
>>42741886
Excuses excuses excuses. Try harder.
>>
Ever wonder how someone as seemingly incompetent as Donald Trump became a billionaire AND President? He tried hardest
>>
If you want to gain weight and muscle, do you cut out cardio entirely or just do it sparingly? I'm 5'11 180 lbs and I think I should be heavier.
>>
>>42741968
Cardio doesn't directly impact weight and muscle gain all that much. It does increase your energy expenditure and can tap into recovery if you do it too often or too hard.
>>
>>42741960
bait.
his >a small loan of one million dollars
is comparable to >good leverages and genetics for gaining mucscle and strenght
>>
>>42741978
It was mostly a meme post with no intent just for the sake or stirring shit. So I suppose.
>>
can someone take a look at my deadlift form? I pulled 180kg a month ago but tweaked my back after some morning stretching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leUlG6G7Q8E&feature=youtu.be

120KG on the bar and I'm trying the starting strength 5 step setup because my old starting position was too low from years of olympic pulling. Sorry about the dogshit angle
>>
>>42742009
forgot to add I'm mainly concerned with my back angle and the height of my hips, only strong person I know IRL has taken 6 years to reach a 200kg deadlift so he's probably not the best for advice
>>
>>42742009
Look okay to me but as you said yourself that's a dogshit angle and I can't tell anything except the position of your ass.

>>42742019
On the other hand, he's spent 6 years making mistakes and probably knows a decent amount. Just be mindful that anyone can be talking out of their ass.
>>
>>42742019
Looks good even with the shitty angle. I sympathise though back injuries are an absolute bitch.
>>
>>42742009
cant see shit
>>
i ran nuckols 2x int bench for weighted chins lmao im maxing out tomorrow

my previous estimated 1rm was with 50kg added ill attempt 55 see how it goes
>inb4 twink
i weigh 90kg
>>
>>42742157
Are you saying your bench max at 90kg bw is less than 1pl8? Are you sure you should be running an intermediate level program?
>>
>>42742185
>>42742157
or are you saying you're gonna test your weighted chinup max for 55
>>
>>42742217
>>42742185
I ran his intermediate bench programs for weighted chinups jesus christ was that hard to get
>>
>>42742257
A little bit. Why would you run a bench program for chinups though. Isn't a chinup program better for chinups?
>>
>>42742317
both require volume to progress
>>
What do you guys think

>>42741329
>>
>>42742009
I can't see anything with this angle
>>
>>42742392
Weightlifting already receives a ton of critique for steroid scandals. Of course I'd love the ""sport""" I love to be featured on the olympics, but until weightlifting proves a sport about lifting weights can be drug free there's no hope for powerlifting.

Or we wait for the superhuman olympics in the distant future that allows steroids.
>>
Can I substitute the board press work for slingshot in sheiko?
>>
>>42742392
The Olympics are a joke, so powerlifting fits just fine.
>>
File: pa.png (71KB, 630x374px) Image search: [Google]
pa.png
71KB, 630x374px
>>42741798
oh shi-
>>
>>42741635
Is this a bait post?
>>
File: ugly powerlifter.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ugly powerlifter.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
Eggs are the best food to gain or lose weight

>cheap
>good protein and fat ratio
>easy to cook

Give me a reason you are not eating eggs right now
>>
>>42742637
That conscientiousness...

You won't do well.
>>
>>42741597
Maybe you're just a loser who has never moved on but staying on this site for 4+ years is definitely oldfaggery, especially with how things are changing.
>>
>>42742787
My hardest dietary factor is calories. Just getting my calories with a bit of chicken and milk and I'm set for protein.
>>
File: Shoot Me.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Shoot Me.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
So, who's up to cram in a fucking workout before the gym closes at 1 because of this bullshit fucking commie holiday?

I'm sure that won't be effectively impossible because EVERY LAST JACKASS will be trying to get in a quick arm pump before the cookout in the goddamn squat rack.
>>
File: Dragon.jpg (130KB, 832x690px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon.jpg
130KB, 832x690px
>>42742990
>tfw my gym is still open until 5 today
>going with MA in an hour or two to get a comfy workout in
>>
>>42742805
no
>>
File: images (1).jpg (14KB, 197x255px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
14KB, 197x255px
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.iosrjournals.org/iosr-jspe/papers/vol3-issue1/D0311417.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiqifbF34vWAhXKylQKHSV5BUsQFgh1MAs&usg=AFQjCNGL5QvWMh_sPf1b3LSwLtNHG7fOug

Turns out that the Big Five personality characteristics can very much influence your ability in sport.

So if you are a neurotic low conscientiousness personality dead end, then it means that you are literally weak because you're being cucked by your brain into not trying hard enough

Really gets your noggin jogging
>>
>>42742787
The protein to fat ratio isn't actually that great. I eat eggs and bacon every morning but in general if you're cutting the fat content in eggs is a little too high
>>
>>42743152
You could always toss the yolks, like scramble 8 eggs and throw out 5 yolks. It'll still taste good if you leave a few in there and the protein/fat ratio is way better.
>>
How do I get a qt powerlifting gf
>>
>>42743106
Can you give a tl;dr on the essay?
>>
>>42743182
It's like 4 pages. Don't read it, you're a gde.
>>
>>42742792
do well in what?
>>
>>42743245
Life.
>>
whats a good deadlift routine I need to try something different twice a week would be the best
>>
>>42743252
haha, I doubt that
>>
Why does the music in my headphones sound slower by about half a beat per second or so between heavy sets
>>
>>42743321
Prove me wrong.

What is your salary? Are you in a relationship? What is your wilks? Do you have friendships with good successful people?
>>
>try hip hinging on the squat like yakob suggested
>think im just gonnq feel the glutes and lowback
>actually got a quad pump
I should listen more often to you guys
>>
File: personality.png (39KB, 565x219px) Image search: [Google]
personality.png
39KB, 565x219px
>>42743365
85k, yes, 350, yes checking in
>>
>>42743279
>volume day/intensity day
>VD: 8x3 @80% of last week's ID
>ID: work up to single/double/triple max (alternating each week)
>>
>>42743394
High conscienciousness master race
>>
>>42743406
so if I want to start today I should start with id or just guess some good vd?
>>
>>42743365
$0, no, ~200, think so yes
>>
>>42743435
take your current max*0.9 and base your VD on that.
>>
>>42743460
so 80% of 90% of my max? Sounds pretty low for 8x3.
>>
>>42743442
How old are you?
>>
File: 1466183995770.jpg (45KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1466183995770.jpg
45KB, 409x409px
>>42743001

It's gunna b comfy

>>42743279

Day 1:
x1 @8, x6 @9, load drop repeat twice

Day 2:
Deficit or paused
x1 @8, x4 @9, load drop repeat twice
>>
>>42743494
I think what he's trying to say is that you work up to a max triple, then your VD is somewhat easy, increase weight and max out on a double, then your VD gets harder, work up to a max single, now your VD is 8x3 @ 80% which is pretty damn hard for deadlifts, then you deload and repeat.
>>
>>42743496
24, almost 25
>>
>>42743504
>load drop
>repeat twice
Make your mind up

>>42743510
Unlucky bud
>>
>>42743494
it's 72% of your current max. Once you add weight it'll get harder
>>
>>42743513
Sounds like you're not incredibly successful so far then.
>>
>>42743504
>RPE
Sorry I tried that once, but I'm shit at judging it and ended up overtraining and losing on all my lifts. I rather work on &
>>42743537
Ok got it I'll try that.
>>
>>42743504
>It's gunna b comfy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gpGqGHEr_8
>>
>>42743442
hey im the same!
>>42743513
but younger
>>
>>42743545
>on &
I meant %
>>
>>42743526

Meant to say plus 2 down sets with a load drop.

>>42743545

RTS training log helps pretty accurately predict RPE for sets. Filming yourself also helps.
>>
Why does 100kg squats 5x5 feel heavy but manageable with 3-4 min rest hit 105kgx4x6 made me puke even with 8 min rest
>>
>>42743566
>8min rests
Because you're a weak shit and lack conditioning.
>>
Do people with a 200 wilks really browse plg?

How can you be interested in powerlifting with a 200 wilks?
>>
>>42743566
>made me puke
srsly?
>>
>>42743566
You had a bad day.

>>42743579
Being weak tends to make people want to get stronger.
>>
>>42743588
But on literally day 1 in the gym my wilks was like 225. By the time I even knew what powerlifting was it was approaching 300. I don't understand how people can be that weak.
>>
>>42743545
Rpe takes a while to truly learn. You cant just learn it in a session
>>
>>42743579
>Do people with 5min 1km really want to get better runners
>Do people with 40kg clean and jerk really think about oly weightlifting
>Do fat people really want to lose weight
Everyone started something.
>>
>>42743539
I'm definitely not.
I'm depressed and can't do anything.
But my thyroid's fucked and my testosterone is low, which I'm now trying to fix.
So I think I will be successful when I get that all sorted out.

If I don't, I'll just kill myself.
If you're being philosophical about it, that can be seen as successful too.

>>42743579
Yes, I have a 200 wilks after 5 years of training.
I probably know more about lifting than anyone on this board.
But I stopped browsing /plg/ a while ago, because there's nothing interesting in here anymore. Nothing new to learn.
Only posted today on /plg/ because the personality test thing showed up on /fit/, and it looked interesting.
>>
>>42743598
Well yeah I know. I tried it for 2 months. Still in those 2 months I might've added 20kg to my maxes insetad of losing 20kg.
>>
>>42743601
Powerlifting is more of a niche sport. Everyone knows about running so of course people with a 5min 1km want to get better at running. You have to be pretty into lifting to know about powerlifting.

>>42743608
>200 wilks after 5 years
Found the b8
>>
>>42743597
High body fat percentage, lots of inactivity prior to lifting, shitty form.

>>42743608
Sounds like you're just making excuses. Depression isn't physically stopping you from lifting and you can get over a 200 wilks even with illness and god awful genetics.
>>
>>42743615
Just take the next year and rate all your rpes while you do whatever % based program you're doing. Then once you've gotten some actual experience rating rpe you can give it another shot
>>
>>42742317
not sure why you think different muscles should get different training

you could run a squat program for bench the only key detail here is that the upperbody needs more volume
>>
>>42743631
Yeah high bf% could explain some of it. I was probably around 18% or so when I started. But still, 200 wilks after 5 years should never happen.
>>
>>42743619
Sum of my best lifts would give me 260 wilks, but yeah, that's shit too.
Still not bait.

>>42743631
Yeah man, all just "excuses".
I've come to learn that most people, especially young guys new to lifting, have no clue about any of this.
As /plg/ is mostly young guys new to lifting, I don't expect much.
Maybe you'll learn, probably you won't.
I don't really hold it against you.
>>
>>42743597
>how people can be that weak
I literally started deadlifts with 18kg when I was 14. Had never used my muscles before and was dangerously underweight.
>>
>>42743651
Low T and hypothyroidism are not going to cripple you to the point where you have a 200 wilks after 5 years. Either you have other physical problems or you're making excuses. Most likely you just don't give much of a fuck about training.
>>
File: 1492164804674.jpg (171KB, 394x392px) Image search: [Google]
1492164804674.jpg
171KB, 394x392px
>went to gym
>squat diddy clean
>drank a beer an hour later

well, there go my gainz
>>
>>42743679
I also get injured very easily, which is probably due to my hypothyroidism and low T.
My sleep is also shit, but that's outside of my control too.
Years of patellar tendinitis didn't help.
One of my legs is also an inch shorter than the other, which caused hip pain after deadlifts.
But I definitely cared about training very much.
I also took it seriously.
So that's not it.
>>
I don't compete and I'm thinking about dropping 1x a week 85% deadlifts for something else to make space for maybe a row or something as a main lift since I'm tired of weighted pullups/rows being like 50% work, however I'd do variations twice a week like deficits and rdls for about 70% or 30-50 reps.

Would this serve as enough posterior chain work?
Do you think I would regret stopping heavy and convventional deadlifts?
>>
>>42743585
Stomach felt really bad. Left for toilets and threw up a bit of mostly liquids.
>>42743578
Haven't tried cardio since may. Could manage a steady 10k then.
>>42743588
Didn't help that I accidentally did a seventh rep on the final set.
>>
>>42743504
load drop how much exactly
>>
>>42743713
>So that's not it.
Only people that don't know what trying hard is say this.
>>
CALL WADA
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYn8d4lnKDD/
>>
>>42743727
Try destroy the opposition, it's a fun program because you get to throw around heavy triples on cheat pendlay rows or weighted pullups.
>>
Forgot to put belt on on middle set of 5 at rpe 8 for belted squat

I guess new pr
>>
>>42737920
>I need approval from others because I'm too pussy to take charge
>>
>>42743798
I know that's not true, because I did try hard, for years.
The "trying hard" meme has definitely gotten on my nerves though.
It's like telling someone with a broken leg he's just not trying hard enough to sprint.
>>
>>42743852
>Forgot to put belt on
i hate this, and it happens so often
i am a fucking brainlet
>>
>>42743837
1400 multi ply half squat when?
>>
>>42743713
Sounds like you need to get on some test, find yourself a nice comfy bodybuilding split, and hit light exercises/machines hard. Say goodbye to any PL specificity but you'll build muscle, improve your wilks purely because you built muscle, and get injured way less. Honestly, people throw around "squats/deads are dangerous" memes all the time but if you're injuring yourself over and over maybe you should just try something else.

>sleep is shit but that's outside of my control
You're unemployed.
>>
>>42743888
You're a mental midget. Trying hard is a skill you can develop, and you don't have it because you don't want to change.

Being a victim is way easier, right?
>>
>>42743787

5% from the first @9 to the second set, keep the weight on the bar the same for the third set.
>>
>>42743852
If I tried this I would crash and burn on like the second or third rep. Fucking chads REEEEEEEE
>>
>>42743913
Just program 2% fatigue instead of this. For example, x6 @9, load drop 5% x6 @8 x6 @8.5 (stop). Or x6 @9, load drop 2%, x6 @8.5, x6 @9 (stop). Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to use RPE if you're going to program a fixed amount of down sets.
>>
>>42743888
>not a victim
>suicide

Pick only one.
>>
>>42743597
Question A: Did you have any prior experience doing physical activities like sports, farm labour, or heavy chores?

Question B: Have either of your parents been physically active for longer periods of time

Question C: Were you at any longer period of your life noticeably fat
>>
if programming says do 3 or 4 sets of 5 at rpe 8 would you go hard first set and than drop load?
>>
>>42743897
If my thyroid meds don't work, and getting on DHEA doesn't get my T high enough, I will get on T.
I've learned how to fix tendinitis, and I can squat twice a week without much trouble.
The leg length discrepancy isn't a problem if I stand wide enough of deadlifts.
And I'm slowly getting back into benching.
If getting my thyroid and low T fixed doesn't help, I might use BPC-157.

I'm a student, so not just unemployed.
But my point with "my sleep is shit outside of my control" was that I can go to bed at the right time in the right way, but still lay awake for hours for no reason.
I'll wake up feeling very tired, sometimes I wake up 5 times a night for no reason.
It's probably because of my depression, fucked thyroid and low T.

>>42743912
Imagine saying this to someone with a broken leg.

>>42743963
Huh, where did I say I was not a victim?
>>
>>42743989
No, you go equally hard on every single set and drop the weight every time it gets too hard.
>>
>>42743996

So again, If I go hard on first set and feel like next one be rpe 8.5-9 I drop load a bit right? Or I try it, it happens to be 9 so I drop load for 2 next sets?
>>
>>42743989
>>42743996
New guy to the discussion who wants to learn to use RPE
So if first set feels like I could probably do 2 more, the weight is fine and I stick with it? If weight feels like I could do 1 or 0 more I drop the weight next set? If it felt like 3 more I increase slightly?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=46&v=rpw0gT7ImZs

rpe on it? I feel like it was 8
>>
>>42744033
In the way youre using rpe that is correct. However I'm not a huge fan of that straight set rpe usage. I think taking a top set then repeating or doing a load drop is more effective
>>
>>42743888
>broken leg he's just not trying hard enough to sprint.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Pistorius
TRY HARDER
>>
>>42743713
>Visit a doctor retard
>Bullshit
>Should've gone to a doctor earlier
>Legitimate reason

A whole fucking inch shorter? Really? If your one leg is an ACTUAL WHOLE INCH shorter, you probably shouldn't be doing any activity with both legs at once if you care about your long term health. Running, squatting, pulling from the floor, jumping, even WALKING would rape your spine if you're that uneven. I'm not gonna tell a guy in a wheelchair he should squat more, neither do I think a guy with legs so uneven he probably has scoliosis to squat. If you honest to fucking god have A WHOLE INCH of imbalance then everyone in this thread is wrong, you literally cannot be remotely successful in powerlifting. Upperbody centric training should be your focus instead cause your spine is gonna go to shit if you keep doing this stuff.
>>
>>42743994
Fuck off sean, you worthless depressed fuck
>>
>>42743994
Relaxing myself fully before I go to sleep always helps me get 9 hours in. Usually I lay in bed for an hour or more listening to some not too boring but not too interesting podcast/comedy show or livestream (hearthstone is one of my favourites for this, the game game is fucking mind numbingly repetitive and boring after a few days), and I only try to go to sleep when I'm completely relaxed, as far from alert as possible. A cue I use for this is when I get into my regular sleeping position (I use the same one every night), I feel completely comfy and not restless at all, kinda like I'm sinking into the bedsheets. If my pillow feels off or my balls are touching my leg or my toes wanna move and I'm aware of this it means I'm too awake and I'm gonna have to go through some tossing and turning before I get to sleep, these are usually the days when I wake up after like 5-6 hours of sleep and have to struggle back to sleep. If I have to set an alarm for class, even if it's stupidly late like 11am, I tend to wake up at least 4-5 times during the night. If I try to go to sleep as soon as I hit the bed, there are nights where I stay up for 3-4 hours tossing and turning, my body temperature rising, and in general just absolute fucking hell. Also every device I own has f.lux installed ZMA used to help me a lot with staying asleep for longer back when I had the discipline to go to sleep at the same exact time every night.

>>42744025
Ideally the former, but if you're not sure err on the side of the latter. A tiny bit more work is never gonna kill you.
>>
>>42744095
Made me laugh, thanks.

>>42744098
I went to a number of doctors, physiotherapists, to a sociologist, a therapist.
None of them really helped.
Only the sportsdoctor helped by telling me that I have a leg length discrepancy.
He told me it was an inch, but I think it's a bit less.
Most people have a leg length discrepancy.
There's a military study about this, look it up if you're interested.
The body is good at automatically adjusting.
If I never did squats or deadlifts, I'd probably never even found out.

>>42744108
Would you tell someone with bad eyesight to fuck off, and call him a worthless blind fuck?

>>42744112
That's some advice about sleeping I haven't seen before, I'll give it a try, thanks.
>>
>>42744167
>He told me it was an inch, but I think it's a bit less.
He was just giving you a bullshit diagnosis to soothe your hypochondria.

>Would you tell someone with bad eyesight to fuck off, and call him a worthless blind fuck?
If he was shitting up a general meant for target shooting, whining about not being able to hit the target despite trying hard, then yes.
>>
>>42744167
I know. I had my body evaluated ~13 years old and was told my one leg is longer. But that was less than 1 cm, less than half of yours. Asked a physical therapist, which I visited for knee tendinitis for that matter, to evaluate my leg again when I was 19. He did a quick measure and found that it was definitely less than a centimeter, and I never felt any problems.
>>
>>42744167
If you're going to look at a screen directly before sleeping, make very sure you have f.lux installed and have it on the very lowest setting that doesn't turn everything stupidly orange and sacrifices visibility, for me this is 2300k. Also never done this to sleep myself, but I find that turning the lights off in my room while on the computer late at night makes it hard to focus on objects on the screen, which should make it easier to fall asleep afterwards.
>>
reminder that a good nights sleep increases test and hgh

having sleep problems means that youre a gde
>>
>>42744230
I'm sorry you feel the need to act as a bitter person online.

>>42744235
Aside from deadlifts and squats, I don't really have issues from it.
For deadlifts, doing (semi)sumo helps enough.
For squats, I mostly get femoral anterior glide issues from it, but they aren't that bad.
I just need to do more glute and hip abduction stuff.

>>42744247
I use redshift.
Having the lights on at half brightness seems to work the best for me.
>>
>>42744262
I dont know how people dont sleep. I lift hard every day, work long hours, support my family, and sleep like a rock.
>>
>>42744305
The truth is only bitter if you're an overly sensitive bitch with a victim complex
>>
>>42744309
Neuroticsm or however you spell it, is why I suspect
>>
Guys how do we fix powerlifting as a sport? I had a few ideas

>Squat
define depth much deeper. I admit I'm not sure how we can objectively define a deeper point other than full atg

>Bench
Heel can't pass knee level. Define a limit for arch height.

>Deadlift
Ban sumo stance. Arms have to be outside legs.
>>
>>42744331
>Ban sumo stance
why
>>
>>42744331
>Define a limit for arch height.
Not practical.
Better fix would be maximum grip width based on weight class.

How do you define full atg?
>>
>>42744331
>>Squat
>define depth much deeper.
Change depth judging to the calf touching the hamstring. This will eliminate a lot of the ugly techs. Also this will encourage people to get big calves lmao which is ultimately a good thing

the calf touching the hamstring is very easy to judge
>>
>>42744340
The idea behind most suggestions is to force more ROM into all the lifts. Currently they can all be pushed to the absolute limits by """"cheating"""" as much as possible by using romlet rom.

>>42744355
Sounds good.

The point which the lifter cannot squat any lower. Requires sharp judges. I considered >>42744369
but it would benefit overweight lifters more than anything.
>>
>>42744385
>but it would benefit overweight lifters more than anything.
Well not neccesarily but I see your point. This would remove twinks from existance probally though but thats also a good thing

Both judging methods have pro and cons, but this one is objectively easier to judge
>>
>>42744309
When going to sleep makes you makes you panic about whether or not you're going to manage to get to sleep and get the hours and not feel like shit the next day and that causes you to overthink the consequences of not being able to go to sleep within the next 30 minutes, coupled with the fact that this has happened consistently in the past, which brings you straight back to point one, it's just a psychological shitshow really. If I get a job or have early classes next semester I'm going to seriously put in effort to keep a spotless sleep schedule, but until then it's way too much effort to have it all go to shit the moment I stay up past 1am for no benefit to my life beyond more free time on rest days to sit around and do nothing.

>>42744328
This makes no sense, I guess getting easily frustrated about not being able to sleep would make it worse but it wouldn't be the cause.

>>42744369
This is a retarded idea which would damage the accessibility of the sport and cause a lot of people to squat with some disgusting buttwink to move a good amount of weight, myself included. The squat already has a forced ROM which is slightly below parallel. If every fed judged like the IPF you wouldn't see ugly quarter squats because people would purposely go a bit below depth to make sure they don't get lmao red lighted by a judge who was only 40% sure they hit depth because his nose was itchy.
>>
>>42744369
https://youtu.be/Qe1hDFoPfFM?t=55

would that count as depth then?
>>
>>42744439
I think that if anything, it would force lifters to use the high bar squat.
>>
>>42744461
would does nucklols look like such a teddy bear.
>>
>>42744461
obviously harder to judge from the front but probally

provide a side angle
>>
>>42744463
Definitely. Also Oly shoes because not a lot of people can hit that kind of depth with a straight back unless they're very upright, and $300 shoes just adds to the inaccessibility of the sport even more. And the worst part is it cucks long femur lifters even more than sumo does.

>>42744484
There are more side judges than front judges.
>>
>>42744439
People like you just absolutely relish in laying around selfishly wondering why they're so miserable. You love it. It means you don't have to take any responsibility for your life. Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>42744484
because he squats so externally rotated, a front view is easier to judge than a side view.

anyway, this is clearly atg for him, yet his hamstrings don't touch his calves and he's barely at parallel.
>>
>>42744492
>>42744510
you guys bring up these arguments but obviously nobody who squats according to the current standard would pass

it would change the way a lot of people squat. No it does not cuck longer femured lifters, tons of long femured weightlifters can still hit the depth i described.

Ultimately a lot of people would get more flexible, bigger calves and bigger legs in general. Which is in my eyes a good thing
>>
>>42744492
>300$
More like 150 unless you're an elite who needs the best shit available.

But what's that compared to a squat suit, bench shirt, deadlift suit, wraps, belt, sleeves, all which needs to be brands approved by IPF which of course makes them able to increase the prices.
>>
>>42744501
What does responsibility mean?
Why do you think people choose to be miserable?
What is it that makes you able to do certain things others can't?
>>
>>42744262
how do i get better sleep?
I sleep from 2300 to 0700
>>
>>42744537
it baffles me nobody has made ipf approved fakes yet
>>
>>42744534
I wasn't argueing, just showing you an example of someone who is as deep as he can squat, but still wouldn't pass.

I don't think he could get more flexible, or bigger calves, or bigger legs.
>>
>>42744562
>I don't think he could get more flexible, or bigger calves, or bigger legs.
you sound like those gde's who post here, with enough work anything is possible
>>
>>42744501
I'm not miserable in the slightest. I probably (read: definitely) sleep better than you because I have the free time to sleep whenever I want as much as I want and if I wake up on 7.5 hours of sleep I can close my eyes and make it 9 even if I have to wait 30 minutes to fall asleep again.

Just because I can describe a problem doesn't mean I let it affect my life. On the other hand I feel bad for your children who have to deal with a close-minded, self righteous manchild for a father.
>>
>>42744573
What do you mean with gde?
>>
>>42744538
>What does responsibility mean?
A task that you are liable for maintaining or completing.
>Why do you think people choose to be miserable?
It's easier than working hard and taking risks.
>What is it that makes you able to do certain things others can't?
I sacrifice the mental masturbation of worrying about myself all the time, and instead I just get shit done.
>>
>>42744573
Jesus fucking christ dude how can you be this much of a deluded manchild, Nuckols has held a world record squat in the IPF and you're calling someone a gde for quoting him on squat depth. I honestly wish people like you would kill themselves.
>>
>>42744610
try reading the whole conversation dumbass
>>
>>42744598
Which tasks?
What does liable mean?
Why is someone liable?

What does working hard mean?
Is it different for people?

What makes it so you can "sacrifice the mental masturbation"?
What makes it so you can "just get shit done"?
>>
>>42744610
>in the ipf
Fuck off cunt he's never lifted in the usapl let alone the ipf.

He did in a lolfed and it was a bullshit record with wraps not to depth and is beaten by usapl lifters every year.
>>
>>42737761
What's the deal with 5/3/1?

It shouldn't work, only doing each lift once a week? but everybody who's done it says it was really great.
>>
>>42744638
are you swoler than a homeless AIDS patient?
https://youtu.be/LpTeiSKiCgc
>>
>>42744707
you do know that AIDS patients get steroids, right?
>>
>>42744633
I have and I don't need to. If Greg Nuckols says Greg Nuckols can't squat lower than he does, I'm going to agree with Greg Nuckols over your shitty opinion 10/10 times. The guy you replied to doesn't sound like a GDE, he sounds like Greg Nuckols, because he's paraphrasing Greg Nuckols. Therefore you're retarded and wrong and have zero ground to stand on with any of your statements. Someone who competes at that level has no business letting their legs be small or their flexibility be subpar, especially when he out-squats his deadlift.

>>42744667
I googled it and it was in the description of the link so fuck knows if it's true, I don't really give a fuck what fed he held a record in, nobody thinks nuckols is a gde, and this condescending fuck is talking out of his ass with his 320 wilks because he's angry that his life is shit
>>
>>42744667
didn't you get angry at some Kiwi for catching up to your mediocre lifts so you harassed his family until he stopped power-lifting?
>>
>>42744684
531 is a base that on it's own is shit. One of the more popular additions to it is 5x10 of the opposite movement of the similar muscle groups after the main work. Like OHP after Bench or Squats after Deadlift for extra volume. For an intermediate this might work but if you're advanced you're probably gonna need more.

It was a fun routine though. Didn't know what I wanted to do and it let me go ham on every lift every week. Though not the fastest progression.
>>
Deadlift used to be my best lift but now it just feels loose and unbalanced. I cant seem to fucking get properly tight. How do I fix?
>>
>>42744777
Nah the minions of fit harassed his family becauze he was an unconsciousable asshole and he set me as a target in the most amazing meme rant ever.
>>
>>42744728
>projecting this much
Lmaoo
>>
>>42744838
why haven't you given up on powerlifting already?
how many years do you need to realize you're not good at it?
>>
>>42744838
>i-i-it wasn't me, it was totally just random people who criminally harassed this guy who rightfully called me out on making no progress even as a full time athlete supported by my father with a world class coach i never listened to becasue i'm a fucking moron who has utterly wasted every single one of the amazing opportunities i have been fucking given on a plate

>y-yeah just becasue all the calls were from an international phone and during the night in NZ, and the day in England are a coincidence...

sure, right, that's true... and you have potential to achieve something in power-lifting
>>
I'm splurting a Norman khan into the toilet as I type this message
>>
>>42744838
I would unironically see more Rasputin posting that ever read another of your posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dbR2JZmlWo
>>
>>42743980
A: I did swim team for a couple years like 5 years before I started lifting.

B: My dad ran track in high school and they both played tennis. They're both pretty skelly though.

C: I was around a bmi of 27 or so at the end of college with not very much muscle. Didn't start lifting until over a year later after cutting to skelly with cardio.

I guess I did start at a better point than most, but still 200-250 wilks after 5 years doesn't seem possible.
>>
>>42745094
It's a pretty shit wilks, but it's about what happens if you've not been doing anything physical previously and have shit genetics, coupled with not doing things correctly from the start. 5 honest years of training can easily wind up sub 300 if you for the first fuck around, second run SS half assed, third start understanding diet, fourth have an injury, fifth year get your shit together and actually make some gains.
>>
>>42744082
Yeah looks like 8 maybe 7.5 my 8s are a bit slower tho.
>>
What singlet should I get if I'm from the UK?

I don't wanna be an SBD cookie cutter
>>
Getting back on linear peogramming while on bulk.

Did 3x6 at 152 kg squat and 167 kg 2x6 on deadlift which was a PR.

>pls never let the gains end
>>
File: 1468247479427.jpg (158KB, 1140x2001px) Image search: [Google]
1468247479427.jpg
158KB, 1140x2001px
how do I get a girl like this?
>>
>>42745507
you can make LP gains on a 152kg squat for reps? nice
>>
File: 1501621346151 (1).jpg (37KB, 652x960px) Image search: [Google]
1501621346151 (1).jpg
37KB, 652x960px
>>42737761
What's the latest meme routine everyone's doing here? Still sheiko? Or are you guys finally smart enough to now do RTS style training?
>>
>>42745624
raffy is memeing TM
>>
>>42745624
I've been converting a couple to hepburn, people still run sheiko, and project momentum is fairly popular as well. C6w + 3x int med as well.
>>
>>42745416

I got 2 more weeks of 5's. So I hope I can add 2.5kg next session to first set of 5s and 2.5kg another session. Might drop few kg after it but I want to progress on this first sets
>>
>tfw LP'd into a 550 diddly and 300 bench
>cant LP the life out of a 350 squat
is this normal
>>
File: BopIt.jpg (31KB, 425x393px) Image search: [Google]
BopIt.jpg
31KB, 425x393px
>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

>>42745537

>how do I get a girl like this?

Good question. Looks like York Barbell Club might be a place to start looking.

>>42745624

TM (or maybe Cowboy Method, the JTS variant) and Hepburn are coming back into fashion. Some people still do Sheiko, a few are doing 5/3/1. I think we have a few people doing Candito and Nuckols programming.

I've just started DC, because I'm a special snowflake. :^)
>>
anyone have project mementum routine?
>>
>>42745213
In my case, I didn't get 200-250 wilks after 5 years because of fucking around.
I just wasn't healthy.
Fucked thyroid, depression, and low T can stall progress that hard if your genetics aren't great to begin with.
>>
>>42745552
Started at 140 kg on squats
Now at 152, adding 2.5 every week on Candito LP
>>
>>42745724
Which one?
>>
>>42745724
This years higher rep group
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hirQtc1NpF84ElnW2UeOjcNvYCZzNVU_cE7oZlOzjVk/edit

This year's lower rep group-
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S1-pJZAdCkdDUk5-VZU7y_Tn98fVNW2384x-PauBRrw/edit

Last years-
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10gSl7pGOS2sQ8hUW7660Pdk6rAKrpHuBy2SRHRzT2lE/pub
>>
>>42745849

cant tell which group I belong
>>
>>42745868
If you're better at high reps, do the low rep group, if you're better at low reps, do high rep group.
>>
>>42745713
>WAWTT
Did first day of Candito6w & Knuckols.
>WAWEAT
Rice and chicken lmao
>WAWLTT
Rediscovered Nightwish, so I'm currently rocking that.
>WAWFT
Alright.
>>
>>42745843
which variation are you doing
>>
new
>>42746109
>>
>>42744838
One of the few nights I drunkposted he made a vocaroo partly directed at me, but I never got to hear it because he deleted it shortly after posting and I'd already gone to bed.

feels badman
>>
>>42745709
How long are your arms dude?

>>42745868
If you can do more than 8 reps with 80% on the majority of your lifts, do low rep, less than 8 with 80% do high rep.
>>
File: 1504552522065.png (2MB, 1850x860px) Image search: [Google]
1504552522065.png
2MB, 1850x860px
Why aren't you squatting on Twitch?
>>
>>42746280
Because I'm not a girl or have built a following playing video games enough that people would be interested enough to watch me squat.
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.