[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started to jog to lose weight (5'9 290 pounds) a month

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 766x415_Extendor_Tendonitis.jpg (20KB, 766x415px) Image search: [Google]
766x415_Extendor_Tendonitis.jpg
20KB, 766x415px
I started to jog to lose weight (5'9 290 pounds) a month ago and, thanks to some godforsaken curse, I have tendinitis on both feet now. I'm already doing physiotherapy to recover, but I can't stress my feet at all, so no jogging or even walking long distances

What kind of exercises that don't strain my legs could I do at home to help me burn some calories during the 1~2 months I'll have to rest? I'm already doing situps and beginner pushups (on my knees instead of the tip of my feet)
>>
>>42737022
Rowing machine
>>
>>42737032
Hadn't thought about that, though it seems too big to fit in my house

I haven't started going to the gym yet cause I'm an insecure bitch. Would it be weird to go there just for the rowing machine...?
>>
>>42737022

Have you tried lifting weights?
>>
lower temperature of home. your body spends more calories to stay warm and your heating bill is lower.
drink green tea or black coffee in morning, 8 cups of water daily.
the more water intake the more weight you lose.
do great xx
>>
>>42737022
Exercise for weight loss is a meme unless you're already lean and looking to release fat from trouble areas with low/moderate-intensity steady state cardio.

You select a DIET to change your WEIGHT.
You select EXERCISE to change your FITNESS and BODY COMPOSITION.
>>
>>42737351
But doesn't exercise (cardio mostly) burn calories...?
>>
>>42737445
If you don't have your diet on lockdown you'll just eat back the calories from cardio without even realizing it.
>>
>>42737445

Not him, but the amount of calories a fatty like you could burn doing exercise is a joke compared to the amount of calories your body requires to do its day to day functions. If you lift weights and build muscle, you will burn more calories naturally, but your top priority should be eating less calories than your body requires so it will burn your stored fat. Exercise is good, but for losing weight it's mostly how much you eat that determines how much you lose.
>>
>>42737466
>>42737482
Oh, I'm already doing that. No soda, sweets, junk food or anything like that at all (been at it for more than a month, too), counting calories with MyFitnessPal (aiming for 1500ish calories per day) and drinking a shitton of water every day (I haven't been keeping exact track of it but it's at least 2 liters a day)

So I don't need to obsess about exercizing that much? Of course, when I look presentable and my feet are healed, I'll definitely head to the gym
>>
>>42737516
Any kind of high impact exercise like jogging while obese is stupid. You're hurting yourself. Do cycling/rowing/elliptical until you've lost significant mass.
>>
>>42737516

There's no reason for you to not get adjustable weight Dumbbells and start building strength in your arms, shoulders, back, and chest. They take up no room and you won't look like a weak pussy when you go to the gym. If you build muscle now, you will lose more weight.
>>
File: fnsCnSk.png (143KB, 494x442px) Image search: [Google]
fnsCnSk.png
143KB, 494x442px
>>42737584
That doesn't sound like a bad idea, though damn, some of those are kinda expensive (mostly because I live in the third world and most of that stuff is imported, so it adds a lot to the price)

Would something like this be good? I'ts pretty cheap and it goes up to 20 pounds

>>42737555
Will do
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.