[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sisters, by the mercies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect.
>>
I actually went to church yesterday to see my old man. I arrived late, but most everyone remembered me at peace giving, people were crossing the aisle to wish me peace. I was raised Catholic, but I grew distant to the religion in my teenage years.

I'm 26 now, and my faith hasn't been restored, but I can't bring myself to dislike being around church folk. The best ones have your best interests at heart.

Some of them even said I looked healthier than I was before.
>>
>>42734682
>at peace giving, people were crossing the aisle to wish me peace

I'm so glad my parish doesn't do that, we do the traditional mass. Glad you could make it tho anon.
>>
>>42734809
Ours is traditional too. I suppose I should say, I grew up going almost every Saturday and everyone who did cross was someone I knew. I haven't been to my hometown parish in almost 7 years, since I live in a city further away.

I guess I was really moved by how the people I know from my childhood and teenage years remembered me.

Granted, it wasn't everyone. I saw new families that didn't come, but I expected that. I was pleasantly surprised that it happened.
>>
>>42734840

The peace thing is something only done at parishes doing the novus ordo mass that came after vatican II
>>
File: i4yxkiO.gif (84KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
i4yxkiO.gif
84KB, 500x364px
>>42735073
Forgive me, I took religious studies in high school, but the focus wasn't on the Catholic faith, it was regarding other religions.

Thank you for enlightening me.

Peace be with you, brother.
>>
>>42735168

No worries mate, its all the same Catholic faith. Hope you make it back sooner than later.
>>
Really miss the Orthodox liturgy been working every Sunday for 5 months, feels bad man.
>>
>>42734510
>only getting fit for your chosen diety
K
>>
>>42736344
Sucks man. Hopefully you can get back soon. I was just at liturgy today, it always brightens my week when I'm able to make it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.