[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>bulk at a very small surplus, let's say 100-200 cal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1500653699570.jpg (109KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1500653699570.jpg
109KB, 500x750px
>bulk at a very small surplus, let's say 100-200 cal surplus
>gain muscle with relatively little fat
>gain mass while lowering BF% at the same time

Someone explain to me why this won't work
>>
>>42732196
Yours body might not even recognize a 100 calorie surplus. 200 calories would be better, but still that will take absolutelty forever to put on a lot of mass. It will really all depend on how you're currently built and what you're genetics are like
>>
>>42732196
assuming ur natty ur gains will be slow and u will eventually have to cut, u wont lose fat in a surplus
>>
File: 1478152617077.jpg (122KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1478152617077.jpg
122KB, 1200x675px
thats too obvious of a choice it wont work. in order to effectively diet you have to confuse the body, if you go with an obvious diet like that the body will be privy to it , and therefore you will make no progress because the body wont be confused in the sligthest. nice bait
>>
assuming you start at 10% bf, you'd have to assume that all weight-gain is less than 10% fat, just doesn't seem feasible desu
>>
File: mfw_elsa.jpg (30KB, 456x402px) Image search: [Google]
mfw_elsa.jpg
30KB, 456x402px
>>42732196
>calorie surplus
>burn fat
>why won't this work
>>
>>42732196
S T I C K Y
>>
bulking is a meme
>>
>>42732438
>>42732223
If you gain muscle and fat, but gain muscle at a faster rate (or gain muscle without gaining fat, not necessarily losing fat), then your BF% will go down over time.
>>
>>42732196
>surplus
>lowing BFP

pick one. you can increase muscle and burn fat at the same time, but only for noob gains, and not on a surplus
>>
It would work, except for the fact that your TDEE is an estimate, the amount of calories you're eating is an estimate, and the amount of calories you're burning through exercise is an estimate. So you're 200 cal surplus might actually not be a surplus at all, which is why people do ~500 or more
>>
>>42734241
this
you can't fine tune that much
>>
>>42733491
Which is not gonna happen natty. Not unless you're on your noob gains.
>>
you can only create or destroy.

not both
>>
>>42734213
You can just eat more and do some conditioning to burn off the extra calories. I've done it plenty of times before.
>>
>>42732196
You're just saving time you'd be wasting cutting. It's fine if you're patient
>>
If that surplus is in protein only it might work. Protein doesn't get stored as fat easily
>>
>>42732196
Yes OP it would work in theory, but the truth is that you'd probably spin your wheels for a while trying to work out how much of a surplus you need to build muscle, not too much to get any fat gains, etc etc. Not to mention the increase in calories as you gain weight. By the time you manage to do it it would have been quicker to bulk on 500 surplus and then cut whatever fat you gained.
Unless of course you have access to anabolics in which case just eat and lift
>>
>>42734801
your body is not a unidirectional machine. you're constantly breaking down and building molecules.
>>
>>42730857
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.