[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This just came in the mail. Learning a lot. PPST should be required

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1504356126826.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1504356126826.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
This just came in the mail. Learning a lot. PPST should be required reading for anyone who wants to get stronger.

I get that most people consider SS and PPST to be meme literature and would rather be contrary to what on strength training is lately becoming the orthodox, but I really don't think more than 10% of the contents of the book falls under common knowledge. If it were, then the average person would probably be much stronger.

As for "novel" content, I don't think the uniqueness of information is really relevant in biomechanics. Something either works or it doesn't. But that's just my $0.02.
>>
>>42731205
The principles in the beginning of the book are useful for anybody to learn, although they can be found many other places as well.
>>
"meme literature"? What exactly do they mean with that? Just because these books are highly popular and almost become the recommended introductory reading on strength training doesn't mean that they are bad.

Its as if some people think that just because something is popular, they can meme it, and then its a bad thing? I think its mostly retarded newbies that think that way. Or they say "oh its just a meme" as a way of showing off that they are somewhat familiar with these things and they are now an authority on it. I've seen this in LoL where people say "oh thats is a meme strat" like as if that means anything and serves any other purpose then to show they are somewhat familiar with it and the meta game.

I haven't read the whole book yet but so far its great. I browsed trough it and skimmed here and there and i am now reading it. The thing i noticed after reading Starting Strength is that people in general have no clue about proper form and they don't know what clues to actually look for in peoples form and technique. People generally know nothing about programming either, i'd say there is a small majority of poeple that do and most pepople just get routines from others and try out random shit until they get stronk.

If you read SS and PP you know more then most about lifting.
>>
EGG HEAD LIKES HIS BOOKY WOOK
>>
lol you fucking virgin, i just go in the gym and do basic shit and make sure im getting stronger, why spend money and time on all this nonsense? look at your girl hands too, neck yourself brah
>>
One thing this book is missing (i think ) is information on work capacity and how to increase it etc.
>>
File: huh.png (2KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
2KB, 160x160px
http://desuarchive.org/fit/search/text/This%20just%20came%20in%20the%20mail.%20Learning%20a%20lot/type/op/

This thread is bait
>>
wait i saw this thread alrdy
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.