[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ I've got a pretty stupid beginner question. Consistently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: fumanchu.jpg (17KB, 230x322px) Image search: [Google]
fumanchu.jpg
17KB, 230x322px
Hey /fit/ I've got a pretty stupid beginner question.

Consistently I've heard that if you're eating at a caloric deficit when you first start, you won't see gains but will see you lose fat (whilst working out retains the amount of muscle you have). This is pretty common sense, as what would your body be making new muscle with if you're eating at a deficit?

However, despite not making gains- will you still see an improvement in your strength, even if gains are minimal?
>>
File: 1488562310292.png (108KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
1488562310292.png
108KB, 400x381px
>>42730015
>if you're eating at a caloric deficit when you first start, you won't see gains

stopped reading here
>>
>>42730015
I am not sure, but i think that If you are a beginner in a caloric deficit, the body will recycle the protein in the old red low maintenance muscles turning them into white, high intensity, high maintenace muscles. Also, even if at a caloric deficit, the body will still prioritize healing the wounds you cause lifting than metabolism, meaning that the body will use some of the protein you eat to heal muscle wounds rather than break in down to get energy. This, united with protein recycling, should still grant noob gains even at a caloric deficit. Correct me if i am wrong.
>>
You will gain some muscle on a deficit.

The beginner strength gains are from the nervous system learing to recruit more muscle fibers (neuroadaptation) with what litte muscle you already have.

The intermediate programs with periodization (ie. one week you workout with strength in mind and the other with hypertrophy in mind) build muscle and then optimize it for use (you do these programs once the initial neuroadaptiation has run out)

Not sure about the second part about periodization, shit on me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>42730045
Yhea, i forgot about muscle recruitment >>42730042
>>
>>42730015
Also
>Consistently I've heard that if you're eating at a caloric deficit when you first start, you won't see gains but will see you lose fat
this is wrong, you will make gains AND lose fat
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.