[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pull-ups vs chin-ups Whats the difference? Which is better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: pullups.jpg (43KB, 670x330px) Image search: [Google]
pullups.jpg
43KB, 670x330px
>pull-ups vs chin-ups

Whats the difference?
Which is better?
Which one do you prefer?
>>
>>42729348

Both exercises work the same muscle groups

>Pullups has an emphasis on lats
>Chinups has an emphasis on biceps

depending on your goals you should incorporate one or another or both into your workout.

I prefer pullups because they easily compete with exercises like the row to develop a strong and muscular back while chinups are mediocre compared to other bicep exercises like the bicep curl.
>>
>>42729381
>Chinups has an emphasis on biceps

lol, nope
>>
>>42729387

Oh I see this is just a meme.. but what if I told you that my serious response was simply bait that you fell for?

Checkmate atheist
>>
>>42729381
>chinups are mediocre compared to other bicep exercises like the bicep curl.

lmfao
>>
>>42729348
why is chin-ups above pull-ups and vice versa
>>
>>42729407
To confuse the muscles for better gains.
>>
pull ups are a more practical exercice
>>
>>42729348
>Whats the difference?
difference lies in pronation vs supination in the wrist mainly. Think of bicep curl vs a reverse curl. Also the chinup works the chest a little more and the pullup the lower traps a little more.

The difference is really small just make sure you do once variation
>Which is better?
Neither, both are great
>Which one do you prefer?
Both, I alternate
>>
>>42729553
>chin ups do chest
Leave
>>
They are 99% the same shit. People saying that chinups work your biceps mainly and pullups work mainly your lats are not wrong, but the difference is very small. If you only do chins, your pullups will also get stronger and vice versa.

I personally prefer pullups because they feel easier on my wrists. Also you probably will be just a little bit stronger on chins because of the supination.

Like, I can 1RM weighted +50kg pullup and +55 chinup.
>>
>>42729348

what about underhand grip pulldowns versus normal (overhand) pulldowns?
>>
>>42729393

Thats absolutely right though.
The >chins are enough for biceps crowd always have dyel arms.

OP, do both. You can practice them every day as long as you don't go to failure often.
>>
>>42729781
because it has more of an adduction component the chest gets used, mostly at the bottom tho

chin/pull ups use a fuckload of muscles believe it or not. There basicly deadlifts of the upperbody. If you stretch at the bottom the triceps even get used
>>
File: Screenshot_20170715-133241.jpg (410KB, 805x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170715-133241.jpg
410KB, 805x1600px
>>42729781
Not the same guy but when I do a lot of pull ups one day I definitely feel a little soreness in chest the next day.
My theory is that you'd bump your head on the bar if you didn't push away from it a bit (using your chest obv). Might be complete broscience though.
>>
Pull ups are better for lats, and they're harder than chin ups. I usually just do pull ups and when I can't do more, I start doing chin ups or neutral grip pull ups as a drop set.
>>
>>42729387
yes it does you mongrel
>>
>>42729913
You dont push yourself, your bent arms make you go back a bit making enough space for you not to bump your head.
>>
Do both, do them often

After you can do a decent amount with body weight, do submaximal weighted
>>
>>42729348
I switch between chinups, pullups and neutral grip every back day, 5x5 with weights
Tbh they're all good as long as you increase strength
>>
Pull ups are harder for me.

So I do pull ups.
>>
i just do both. with 2 pull days a week it's pretty simple

i'd do both twice a week but my forearms give out and i'm averse to straps

i feel like chins hit my upper back more. i never really feel any bicep work with either of them
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.