[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/ LowVolumeTraining.html

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG-20170824-WA0008.jpg (62KB, 607x596px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170824-WA0008.jpg
62KB, 607x596px
http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/LowVolumeTraining.html

>In determining the ideal number of sets, one must decide between either maximizing return on investment by achieving most of the results with minimal investment of time (eg: 1 warm-up and 1 workout set) or investing the time required for marginally more gains (eg: 4 sets).

If there are many studies to show that 1 set is as effective and efficient as multiple reps, why are we still advocating 3-5 sets?
>>
>>42727937
They're hoping to build a bit more muscle mass and work capacity.

Most high level pro lifters say that you can do one single set of heavy squats bench ohp deadlift whatever and be done for the entire week.

And that's fine.
BUT the current paradigm of 3-5x5 is popular and simple. They need to create a balance between maximum strength and having a bit of the much needed strength endurance and work capacity that would make that strength useful.

It's, to be honest, a lazy way of ensuring that they'll add and do the needed amount of movements to ensure that they'll get stronger.

Telling them to do one single set where they can do only 1-5 but leave 2 reps in the tank then do NOTHING ELSE for the day is insane to them.

Maybe it's because it's just mindlessly followed dogma. I think that actually might be the case because none of the studies done about maximum repsxsets for mass and strength even considered something outside of the norm.
>>
>>42728010
>Most high level pro lifters say that you can do one single set of heavy squats bench ohp deadlift whatever and be done for the entire week.
they're also "just warming up" with 3.5pl8 on the bar. the aggregate of their squat warmup sets weighs more than an early intermediate lifter's total setsxreps
>>
High reps help people learn form. Seasoned lifters have the movement patterns ingrained so don't need to bother.
>>
>>42727937
Wow, really makes me think. From now on I'll just do one rep per session. I can't believe I was wasting all that time on multiple sets.
>>
>>42728108
Relatively speaking a hard single set of 3.5p8 workout for a NATURAL lifter will be enough to put them out for an entire week.

Even if they aren't near their personal genetic maximum of weight they can still grow easily from a single maximum strength set which includes a warm up rep or two and the work reps.

Even bringing up enhanced athletes and ignoring the relative strength and experience levels of lifters shows how ignorant you are.
>>
>>42728182
Can't tell if sarcasm

>>42728010
>>42728206
One of the studies was conducted on fat fucks from college who I assume weren't bear mode to begin with and there were no inconsistencies between 1 and multiple set lifters.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.