[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay fit I need your help in this. I'm a type one diabetic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0881.jpg (23KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0881.jpg
23KB, 400x250px
Okay fit I need your help in this. I'm a type one diabetic and am very insulin dependent. I have an insulin pump which I use all day every day. Sadly, I am also trying to get very fit and I am having issues. I typically inject my insulin pump on my stomach, but that is he only location I am still carrying a good amount of fat and am trying to make my stomach as lean as possible. When I started lifting, my legs had enough fat to inject the pump on the side of my thigh, but now my legs are so lean that the insulin pump won't deliver if I try to attach the port there. Are there any other locations besides the stomach which have enough fat where I could inject the pump without issue?

>tldr diabetic looking for place to install pump other than legs or stomach
>>
>>42720720
Lower back depending on your weight distribution
>>
does it not work intramuscular?
>>
>>42720868
I would have thought it would, but it keeps giving me issues and saying it is unable to deliver the medicine. I figure it has to muscle related because when I stand and the muscle is flexed, it does not work. If I lay down or release the pressure on the muscle, it is able to deliver a little before then failing again
>>
>>42720935
Hey OP, diabetic of 13 years here, been lifting for 3 years, honestly I just keep using my stomach, unfortunately for you and me, even if we get down to 4%bodyfat our stomach will still retain a little bit of fat just because that's where the insulin is first recieved into the body.

There really isn't a better place. Faustman labs in Boston is working on a cure though, hopefully they get it done soon lol
>>
>>42720935
Also, see a fucking doctor about it, they will know more than we do.
>>
>>42721144
That was my fear, which was why I switched to the legs. I was hoping that if I hid the location of insulin input i would be able to get my stomach to the point I want it to be. I'm going to try lower back like the other anon said but am not too optimistic at this point
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.