[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets talk about rows and back development bros >fav variations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 8982967_orig.jpg (57KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
8982967_orig.jpg
57KB, 960x640px
Lets talk about rows and back development bros

>fav variations
>strict rows or do you incorporate cheat too
>how much weight you use
>did rows help your deadlift squat and bench?
>>
monday

pendlay
+ weighted chin ups

(heavy back work low reps)

wed

deadlifts (very heavy, powerlifting)
t-bar row (6-9 reps range 3 sets at rpe 9 so p heavy, but not quite, when dl will progress this cycle to more volume prob will drop this to rpe 8)
pullups for many reps, no weight

fri same as monday
>>
>>42719363

and this week weights are

98kg bw

pendlay 90kg 3x6 RPE lmao 7
chin ups - 1x6 RPE 9, 1x5 rpe 9, 1x4 RPE 9 weight was +15kg

deadlifts were up to 180kg x8 (conventional)
t-bar row was something like 70kg
pullups did 20 reps and 10 very very slow negatives

fri was

92.5kg pendaly 3x6 RPE 9
chin ups 1x6, 1x6, 1x5 RPE 9 +15kg - going to add 2.5kg next workotu
>>
What's better, land mine rows or bent rows? Land mines feel so much better and are more convenient I feel. Plus o don't feel obligated to remove the plates from them when I'm done
>>
bent rows like this are currently my go-to row: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Dz8TADiNM

did 225 3x5 this week
>>
As with most other exercises, I find that for rows it's not so much the name of the exercise, but how you actually execute it that makes the difference.

For strictly lat development, I like the Meadow's row. I focus on sort of swinging the weight back towards my hips rather than actually try to pull it up. That may sound like cheating, but when all the movement comes from the shoulder, this is almost 100% lat action.

For more general overall back development, I have 3 favourites that I rotate between from time to time.

The first is a Pendlay row or a Seal row (I do them fairly similarly). I'll choose the Pendlay row if I want to reset the weight between reps. I'll do the seal row if I want continous tension. I take a medium width pronated grip, arms tucked roughly at 45 degrees, and I pull to chest. Sort of an inverted bench press.

Second is a single arm dumbbell row. I stand on the ground with both feet, resting one hand on a bench or rack with my arm only a little bent. I'll have a somewhat horizontal trunk. The DB is left dead on the floor between reps so I can reset my grip and get tight. I keep my pulling arm tucked to the side and try not to move the rest of my body too much, but I go heavy as shit on these so I don't care about a little body English.

Third is a more upright row. I'll bend over roughly 45 degrees. I like to rest my chest on the backrest of an incline bench, but you can't do this with all kinds of benches, and if your low back is good it's not necessary. I use a football bar/swiss bar so I can take a semi-supinated grip which makes it easier to keep the arms straight in to the side. The way I do this one is I keep the weight touching my thighs all the time. So I slide the bar up my thighs until it touches my abdomen, and then I slide it back down. Great full back contraction.
>>
>>42719341
Started doing rows (barbell and seal) and rack pulls a little over a month ago and some shirts are already feeling tighter on my upper back.
>>
File: 45_2.jpg (65KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
45_2.jpg
65KB, 850x567px
for me it is the cable row, the only remotely tolerable row variation.
>>
File: IMG_20170902_153728491.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170902_153728491.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
>>42719722
im doing back related work religiously for a while now and seeing first results mostly on traps especially middle part

im fatty still but slow and steady making gains while recomping
>>
File: seal.png (2MB, 1300x1175px) Image search: [Google]
seal.png
2MB, 1300x1175px
>>42719341
S E A L R O W S
E
A
L
R
O
W
S
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.