[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which exercise do you most commonly see people doing with bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: hanging-leg-raise1.jpg (57KB, 608x400px) Image search: [Google]
hanging-leg-raise1.jpg
57KB, 608x400px
Which exercise do you most commonly see people doing with bad form?

For me it's these. I've never seen anyone doing them slow and controlled like you're meant to, there's always swinging, sometimes so much that I wonder if they're even using their abs at all.
>>
>>42718893
Thats probably because its insanely hard to do without great core and no leg weight
>>
Technically squats, since the parallel is rarely broken.
>>
Bicep curls. Too many reps per set that eventually turns into swinging after about nine.
>>
>>42718927
What if I only did swinging reps to failure on my last set with slow lowering?
>>
Db ohp I swear to God there is no excuse for the half reps I see at my uni
>>
>>42718903
true but swinging isnt going to help. starting with bent knees is the best way even if you can only do a few controlled reps
>>
>>42718927
nothing wrong with that u redditor
>>
Between all the people that butcher decline crunches and side bends, and the pajeets that have created a good morning/squat and standard/Romanian deadlift hybrids, my gym is a chiropractor's wet dream.
>>
>>42718950
have you heard people explaining them that you should do them in an oval? If you know what I mean
>>
>>42718927
Who gives a fuck. You're not losing gains or hurting yourself by pushing yourself past the "perfect form" reps
>>
lat pulldown
>>
File: 1504258590972.png (554KB, 665x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1504258590972.png
554KB, 665x1015px
definitely quarter rep squats that devolve into good mornings
>>
I see a lot of people doing 1/2 or 1/4 ROM pullups. In fact ROM is probably the biggest problem normies have when it comes to lifting.
>>
Don't know why, but there's a ton of people doing rotator cuff exercises, standing, elbows tucked into their waists arms bent 90 degrees holding dbs. Do they have any clue how gravity works?
>>
>>42719806
kek i see this all the time. i always wonder if i should say something. what would chad do?
>>
Smith machine squats
>>
Can you guys do proper leg raises? I can't go parallel to the floor with my legs, always have to tuck at the top because of hamstring flexibility...
Can leg raises fix this (going as far as I can straight legged) or more stretching?
>>
>>42719806
Because when you Google rotator cuff exercises they are always listed as "the best" even though there are so many better options. Hell I've had surgery on both of my shoulders and both times this was a staple of the physical therapy routines. So when even physical therapists are shilling this exercise, something is wrong.
>>
>>42718893
I think people usually do these in power tower where it's impossible to swing. You can set a barbell up in the jhooks behind your lower back so you can't swing, in case you don't have a power tower.
>>
>>42719999
both. never neglect stretching.
>>
>>42720048
Still makes it a lot easier. You don't have to control the eccentric and less stabilizer muscles are used. When you hang it's not possible to cheat; as soon as you start swinging you know you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>42718893
Squats, squats, and also squats

Also rocking on biceps curls - wtf is with this?
>>
>>42718893
because hanging leg raises are actually dumb fucking hard to do with proper form. same with ab wheel rollouts.

or maybe its cuz my abdominals are long as fuck.
>>
>>42720045
That's fucking disturbing, lol. The only thing the rotator cuff does is accelerate and deaccelerate the weight if you're doing it that way. As a PT myself it horrifies me how little knowledge a lot of PTs seems to possess when it comes to basic training principles...
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.