[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently had to move from the US to a rehab center in New Zealand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: zea.jpg (145KB, 1280x440px) Image search: [Google]
zea.jpg
145KB, 1280x440px
I recently had to move from the US to a rehab center in New Zealand due to an illness I've come down with. I wasn't a very active person, and I also weighed a lot for my height. 210lbs at 5'7. After coming here and going through the illness, treatment and shitty food, I'm now down to 145lbs. I'm happy for the weight loss, but my body feels extremely weak and helpless. Despite my doctor telling me to not overdo it, I want to at least try to put on some muscle or tone my body. There's not much equipment to work with here, and I'm on a mountain because of the "fresh air". I was wondering if there's any exercises I can do without equipment? I do have access to something that's around 25lbs I can use as a weight. I've been doing small stuff like push-ups, planks, jumprope, and just lifting the 25lb object over my head 80 times. Doesn't seem like the stuff I do is very effective so I just wanted some advice. I've tried to do pull-ups using the door but the doctor told me I absolutely am not allowed to do that. I will put in any effort I can to make my body better so I can stop moving from country to country because of this piece of shit autoimmune disease. Any advice is appreciated. Sorry for any grammar mistakes, I'm american but I move from country to country so often that it's rusty.
>>
>>42715116
>I've tried to do pull-ups using the door but the doctor told me I absolutely am not allowed to do that
that was akward

well if you want mucle mass then you need protein for that

like for your height and weight with 120g proteina day should be fine

i know you wont tell me this bu im curious, what do you have?
>>
>>42715148
NMT (neuromyotonia), thankfully it isn't a fatal illness, but it makes my muscles twitch and stiffen a lot. I also have a fused heart valve that doesn't fully open, so I have trouble breathing during strenuous activity. Despite that, I'm tired of just sitting around and doing nothing so the last year or so I've been doing the light exercises I brought up in the opening post. I've learned to ignore the stiffened muscles and just push through so I wanted to get some suggestions on what I can do further now. I've already tried to ask for a higher amount of protein, but they're keeping me at around 80g a day.

Heh, yeah. I really felt like pull-ups were the most effective exercise I can do, so I began to do them. But the doors aren't very hand friendly here so I started to get cuts on my hands and the doctor noticed and stopped me from doing them anymore.
>>
>>42715307
There are these things you can buy that rest on top of doorframes which have fairly decent pull-up grips. I have one, and I recommend that you use it. They're not totally expensive online, so you can probably snag one. It's a very solid investment and will probably speed your recovery.

As for your workouts, consume lots of protein but remember to balance it with your exercise. Focus on particular areas of the body and go in with a plan. Good luck with your recovery anon.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.