[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

on my package it says 100g of oatmeal has 13.5g of protein but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: d74.png (380KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
d74.png
380KB, 600x600px
on my package it says 100g of oatmeal has 13.5g of protein but is that cooked or uncooked? because once i cook it i can only 50% of it.
i need to eat 1kg a day of oats for my diet and i'm poor
>>
>on my package it says 100g of oatmeal has 13.5g of protein but is that cooked or uncooked? because once i cook it i can only 50% of it.
uncooked, cooked the weight is mostly water
>>
>>42707770
does boiling it cause protein loss per 100g?
>>
Dude try mix the diet up a bit if you can, get some cheap meat and some green veges. 1kg of oats a day is not going to feel good after doing that for a few weeks...
>>
>>42707820
no, boiling protein is good, makes it easier to absorb
bioavailability:
http://www.fitflex.com/protein-raw-vs-cooked.html

but to cook it you add:
100g oats + 200g water

and you end up with
180g of watery oats or whatever, that weights more but still contains the same 13.5g of protein as the original 100g as water has no protein.
>>
>>42707841
it's the opposite for "cooked chicken", 100g of cooked chicken have more protein than 100g of raw chicken because raw chicken has a lot of water that gets evaporated while cooking it.

doesn't mean that more protein magically appears on the chicken while cooking it (even though cooking it makes it easier to digest)
>>
Show us the true form of squats and oats!
>>
>>42707754
here's some help OP
eat it with sugar free syrup, you'll thank me later
you better thank me or I'll fucking shoot you
>>
>>42707841
interesting, i found the opposite for oatmeal
http://www.livestrong.com/article/542083-nutrition-facts-on-dry-vs-cooked-oatmeal/
>Each cup of cooked oatmeal has 166 calories, 5.9 grams of protein, 3.6 grams of fat and 28.1 grams of carbohydrates, including 4 grams of fiber, or 16 percent of the daily value. A cup of dry oatmeal has 307 calories, 10.7 grams of protein, 5.3 grams of fat and 54.8 grams of carbohydrates, including 8.2 grams of fiber, or 33 percent of the DV.
>>
>>42707754
Have you considered using other cheap protein staples, like beans?
>>
>>42708113
from your link
>The difference in calories and macronutrients between 1 cup of cooked oatmeal and 1 cup of dry oatmeal is mainly due to the higher water content of cooked oatmeal.

it's the same thing i said?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.