[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you train for strength when it causes you to lose mobility?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1477270393444.png (34KB, 657x657px) Image search: [Google]
1477270393444.png
34KB, 657x657px
Why do you train for strength when it causes you to lose mobility? How is it more functional to squat 500 pounds with a barbell on your back than to be able to move properly through a range of motion? Why condition your body to bear such heavy loads that you'll never use in real life whereas mobility you should train for because you use it every single day.
>>
idk wat tha f u talkin bout la butt kys
>>
>>42704168
Basically your body adapts very specifically to your training. Picking a heavy barbell up off the floor makes you good at...picking a heavy barbell up off the floor.
>>
You can always do flexibility training on the side. Yes I know most faggots don't but still, nothing wrong with strength training
>>
>>42704345
There's a lot wrong with strength training. Namely that it's detrimental to your mobility. Your body has to adapt to the heavy loads in such a way that reduces mobility. What do you need to train so strength specific for? What's the point? You'll still get knocked the fuck out all the same in a fight.
>>
>>42704147
Maybe if you'd do some deadlifts you could pull your mom's black boyfriend off her once in a while
>>
>>42704410
You think you need to train deadlifts to pull a couple hundred lbs?
>>
>>42704404
You're an idiot. Basically what you're saying is remember to stretch. Sage
>>
File: 848.png (205KB, 659x525px) Image search: [Google]
848.png
205KB, 659x525px
>>42704657
"no"

I'm saying training for strength is retarded and harmful unless you have a specific reason to. The body builds strength without training specifically for it, without making detrimental strength specific training adaptations. When you load your body up with hundreds and hundreds of pounds your structure becomes more rigid and less flexible to avoid snapping under the weight. Why make yourself this way unless you have to? You can build muscle, strength and mobility just fine without training specifically for strength.
>>
>>42704404
>You'll still get knocked the fuck out all the same in a fight.
Why is this even an argument against lifting and only lifting? It can also be applied to everything else like
>Running? You'll still get knocked the fuck out all the same in a fight.
>Drawing? You'll still get knocked the fuck out all the same in a fight.
>Reading? You'll still get knocked the fuck out all the same in a fight.
Yet you fags only use that one when it comes to lifting. My bet is you are skinnyfat and trying to rationalize why you don't lift. Protip: A lot of lifters could not only outlift but also outstretch you, faggot
>>
>>42705084
I'd ask what purpose you're training for like I said. Running is very useful in life. Drawing and reading aren't fitness. Fighting is a useful skill. Lifting 500+ lbs is a "skill" you're all but guaranteed to never use outside a sterile little weightroom.
>>
>>42705069
How does it feel to be literally wrong about everything, all the time?
>>
>>42705136
>I'd ask what purpose you're training for like I said. Running is very useful in life. Drawing and reading aren't fitness
Neither is fighting. What are you even training and what for, if you train at all that is?
>Fighting is a useful skill. Lifting 500+ lbs is a "skill" you're all but guaranteed to never use outside a sterile little weightroom
Fighting is a "skill" you'll only have to use if you're an arrogant shit and/or the city has blacks, not to mention the only skill involved in street fighting is throwing the sucker punch first and then kicking your enemy's head in
>>
>>42704147
nigga who cares i just want to get stronger
>>
>>42705182
> Neither is fighting. What are you even training and what for, if you train at all that is?
Are you saying training isn't fitness or a useful skill? You're retarded either way.
> Fighting is a "skill" you'll only have to use if you're an arrogant shit and/or the city has blacks, not to mention the only skill involved in street fighting is throwing the sucker punch first and then kicking your enemy's head in
You find me a single man on planet earth who hasn't encountered a fighting situation in life and you've found some gimp who lived in a bubble his whole life.
>>42705202
That's cool but not the point of this thread.
>>
Wait how come i can squat 450 and do the splits? Could i be more mobile if i didn't squat?
>>
>>42705345
your hip anatomy. people who can develop high levels of strength and mobility are rarer than either of each. like a 50" vertical.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.