[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /fit/, I am new to weightlifting and have many newbie questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Hi /fit/,

I am new to weightlifting and have many newbie questions hopefully you guys can answer for me.

>Do you use creatine?

>How long do you rest after an exercise before you begin on the next?

>Best exercise to work Biceps?

>How long does one need to weightlift before you start seeing gains?

>Is it alright to eat tortillas/bread/cheese on a cutting diet? (Subway for example)

>Should I buy BCAA tub for recovery? Does it work?

>How long should you lift a certain weight before you increase it?
>>
>>42702553
yes
compounds few minutes the rest maybe 1 minute
just curls maybe preacher curls
lol what a question idk
just hit your calories and macros
nah
if you can do it easy then u go more weight
>>
Shit bait
>>
>>42702553
>Do you use creatine?
Yes. 10g a day swallowed in 5 gram scoops with water immediately after to swallow it. After a week of this lower to 5g a day in one 5 gram scoops (You can also mix it into your protein shake, although I find it doesn't blend super well)
>How long do you rest after an exercise before you begin on the next?
Depends on the exercise. Squats/deadlifts 5-6 minutes, bench 3-4, isolations (particularly in higher reo ranges) only need a minute or two between.
>Best exercise to work Biceps?
Dumbbell curls, EZ-bar curls (particularly strict curls). Chin-ups are also fantastic as you get some lat and back activation. If you're looking for big arms don't forget to work your triceps.
>How long does one need to weightlift before you start seeing gains?
Depends on your diet really. I've been lifting for 5 months on a slow bulk and have gained about 20lbs while looking noticeably better.
>Is it alright to eat tortillas/bread/cheese on a cutting diet? (Subway for example)
I wouldn't recommend it if you're cutting. I mean, as long as you get under your maintenance the day was still technically successful, but those calories could be better 'spent' consuming some protein.
>Should I buy BCAA tub for recovery? Does it work?
'Dunno, I don't take BCAAs. Just do your research beforehand.
>How long should you lift a certain weight before you increase it?
Once you can successfully complete your goal number of sets within your goal rep-range. Increase the weight in increments no larger than 5lbs, and even then you'll likely run into not being able to complete yours reps and sets. That's okay though, because after a few more training sessions you will.
>>
Test
>>
>>42702553

Absolutely ZERO of those questions are related to weightlifting you fucking turd.
>>
My shoulders hurt when doing dumbell flys and I dont really feel it in my chest all that much.
What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>42702553
>>>Do you use creatine?

No. It enhances your work capacity and strength and as such it's considered a performance enhansing drug. It's on the WADA survaliance list and will probably be prohibited within the decade.

>
>>How long do you rest after an exercise before you begin on the next?

At most 60 seconds. If you rest longer, lactic acid will begin to set in and at that time your performance will decrease by a significant ammount every minute. Gotta keep the system warm and fluid.

>
>>Best exercise to work Biceps?

Mixed grip deadlifts. Make sure to grip and rip.

>
>>How long does one need to weightlift before you start seeing gains?

Depends. Usually a year.

>
>>Is it alright to eat tortillas/bread/cheese on a cutting diet? (Subway for example)

No since fast food contains a lot of saturated fats that also increase nitrogen production by breakdown of the monolipids in said fat. This slows down metabilism and as such it's even harder to lose weight. Go for healthy fats. Even simple carbs are healthier.
>
>>Should I buy BCAA tub for recovery? Does it work?

No it's a meme.

>
>>How long should you lift a certain weight before you increase it?

One rep is enough. Your body remembers if it can do it or not. When you've the rep, you don't need to do that weight again. You can increase it and keep lifting. Why do you think strength sports are all about one rep maxes? This is especially true for beginners since you have a lot of untapped potential. Don't be afraid to squat 100kgs (225lbs) within your first week if you feel like you can do it. It's completely safe. Trust me.
>>
>>42703138
Doing dumbbell flies is wrong. Bad for shoulder joint.
Use cable.
>>
>>42703169
>Mixed grip deadlifts. Make sure to grip and rip.
wat
>>
>>42703169
>One rep is enough. Your body remembers if it can do it or not. When you've the rep, you don't need to do that weight again. You can increase it and keep lifting. Why do you think strength sports are all about one rep maxes? This is especially true for beginners since you have a lot of untapped potential. Don't be afraid to squat 100kgs (225lbs) within your first week if you feel like you can do it. It's completely safe. Trust me.

plz don't listen to this man
>>
>>42703005
>Yes. 10g a day swallowed in 5 gram scoops with water immediately after to swallow it. After a week of this lower to 5g a day in one 5 gram scoops (You can also mix it into your protein shake, although I find it doesn't blend super well)

what does humanity look like in the rear view mirror, friend?
>>
>>42703302
I've been taking 5g a day every day for the past two years, what's wrong? Hair is just how it was when I started.

not the guy who you replied to btw
>>
>>42703302
(guy you replied to)
It's literally what it says on the jar.
>>
>>42702553

>no

>180 seconds between sets; just long enough to set up first weight between lifts

>meme muscle, but I alternate between dumbbell curls and barbell curls every ~12 weeks

>2 months for normies to see them, ~4 months for you to notice your baby gains. After that you're never big enough.

>IIFYM

>no

>follow your program
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.