[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My brother and I have been getting pretty /fit/ recently and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2871.png (1MB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2871.png
1MB, 857x1202px
My brother and I have been getting pretty /fit/ recently and my mom is super proud of us. So proud that she wants to start hitting the gym as well. However I have no idea what kind of routine to recommend to her and don't want her wasting her time doing Facebook meme lifts that moms get tricked into. Can anyone here recommend a routine for an older women, she's 52 so I'm not expecting her to deadlift 4pl8 anytime soon but I just want her to gain some confidence

>t. loving son
>>
Smolov is always a nice beginner routine
>>
SS, not even kidding.
>>
>>42701960
SS+GOMAD
>>
>>42704115
>>42704165
Not OP, but new to /fit/ and hear anons saying SS isn't best for beginners. Trolls or is there something better to get noob gains?
>>
>>42704361
>not even kidding
I'm being serious, anon. SS is a ok choice for a 52yo lady.
>>
>>42701960
SS
>>
Either SS or SL 5x5

No meme shit like GOMAD; just tell her to eat right with ~1g protein for every pound of LEAN mass (muscle, look up a calculator online) and eat plenty of fibrous greens, oats (with milk, cinnamon, honey, low GI berries/other fruit, etc in different combos), and complex carbs like sweet potatoes, good fats like avocado, etc

She'll be fine; just make sure she uses proper form or she could fuck up her back

Start with just the bar, go upwards and always use a spotter when possible

Also do more body weight work, HIIT, swimming, etc (not running; shit for burning calories, puts stress on joints, not even as effective as the others)
>>
GIrl routines

Shit like full body but focusing on legs kinda like 3-4 Leg exercises, 1 Chest, 1 Back, 1 Shoulders all of them 3x12 and then Cardio

Also Yoga. My mum is really into cardio and yoga and it's doing wonders for her
>>
>>42704401
I was asking about whether I should do SS actually. Sticky said it's good, but hear anons say different things.
>>
>>42704468
Hm... Too much Squats, lacks upper body, bad DL volume among many other things written/claimed in books or other media by Ripp and his followers.
>>
>>42704468
I'd reccomend SL with accessories to start out for the first few months, then move into whatever works for you.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.