[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to test my 1 rep max on the bench but I'm too embarrassed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1436006174856.png (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1436006174856.png
30KB, 400x400px
I want to test my 1 rep max on the bench but I'm too embarrassed to ask someone to spot me, what should I do?
>>
PR or die.
>>
>>42697172
load up whatever weight you think it is and hope you're right lel
>>
>>42697172
Go for it, if you die you die
>>
>>42697172
This shit is do or die. More motivation.
>>
>>42697172
Remember not to use clips, test yourself, but if you're about to die, shift the barbell and slide the plates off to bail out.
>>
>>42697172
Don't use clips. Press that fucking weight like its about to crush your ribcage (it is). The roll of shame is a just dessert for being a failure.
>>
>>42697172
Use the power cage with safety bars. You'll never need a spot, and you'll never be afraid of failure again. It's great for pushing yourself. You should practice failed reps though. Make sure to let the bar land on the safety bars over your abdomen. It can and will crush your ribs if you let it down over your chest.
>>
>>42697172
Ask someone to spot you
>>
>>42697172
YOU need a proper gym bro anyways. Some random person spotting you can't be trusted. Nothing pisses me off more than some one holding the bar screaming "ALL YOU, ALL YOU" or quickly rush to dead lift the bar on first sign I'm having a little struggle. Me and my gym bro know when and when not to touch that bar, and our PRs have increased greatly because of it
>>
I've done the no clips method a couple of times. It's really not that bad, just try and control the barbell and let the weights come off slowly. Also just don't make a big deal out of it, dump the weight and reset.

Alternatively use a rack with safety bars.
>>
>>42697849
>>42697882

anyone who recommends this and doesnt tell the full story doesnt even lift

when you bail without clips as soon as the weight falls off one side the other side is going to slam down HARD

so no clips is a good idea. but be careful and keep in mind what will happen.
>>
>>42698937
gym bros are mostly good for pressing the weight down a few ounces allowing you to break plateaus and achieve new PRs
>>
>>42697172
Use a power cage or something with safeties on it.
>>
Your gym doesn't have a Max rack or power cage or something?
>>
why don't you train your social skills by asking for a spot, you fucking sperg
>>
>>42697172
stop being a bitch
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.