[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in the second week of uni finding it very difficult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1503888667941.jpg (52KB, 538x960px) Image search: [Google]
1503888667941.jpg
52KB, 538x960px
I'm in the second week of uni finding it very difficult to find food that allows me to both hit my macros, and also not intake massive amounts of fat and empty calories.
I try to eat from places that serve pretty basic foods, but the majority of it contains mostly rice and other carb ridden foods.
To the unilads out there, what does your diet mainly consist of? I don't have an apartment or any way to prepare food other than microwave so I've always been eating at the various places on campus.
Also to the people who eat 200g+ of protein daily, where do you get the majority of your protein?
>>
canned tuna and boiled eggs man, I can usually get 90g out of lunch if I do 1 big can of tuna and 6 egg whites. add a ton of hot sauce and a bit of oil. it's pretty cheap. and unflavored greek yogurt. I keep a couple quarts around. Just try not to breathe through your nose and eat fast. I pickle my own eggs and keep a jug of them. I also have a vehicle though, set up a grill in the back of my truck so I can avoid fast food. I'll grill about like 12 breasts and then eat 2-4 a day. I have protein powder in case I fall short. but haven't had to dip into it in months.
>>
>>42692873
>tfw go to UWF
Lots of niggers for sure
>>
>>42692873
I like to use Quest Bars. 190 Calories, 21g Protein.
>>
>>42693227
Switch to fish lower in mercury. You're probably eating 4x the safe amount you can eat in a month.

Fish very low in mercury:
salmon, tilapia, shrimp, cod, and catfish.
>>
>>42692873
Had similar problems with that my first year as well, do as good as you can counting and try and buy small supplements if you can afford it. Once you move off campus and cook your own food it's a lot easier.

Personally I have a protein shake everyday and get protein from eggs, and chicken. But like I said once you move off campus it's pretty easy, just make do with what you got. When I was in dorms they always served hamburgers so I just grabbed some and ditched the buns.
>>
>>42692873
Go to chipotle.
Ask for chicken that's about to go bad, tell them you'll pick it up around back.
Have cash ready and expect 20% of retail cost per oz.
You didn't hear it from me
>>
>>42692873
"The University of West Florida is a vibrant, distinctive institution of higher learning..."

Vibrant.
Distinctive.

Feel the diversity....
>>
>>42693778
They would literally never allow this. The inventory would go horrible bad.
>>
>>42692873
I refused to live on campus and got an apartment a block away for 1/3 the price of living in a dorm. I lied about my parents' address to make it look like I lived with them as a resident. The university mailed a thing to my apartment address for my parents to sign and verify, I had my parents sign it, boom, easy peezy babe. Resident.

Anyway, met a newfriend in my chemistry class and he absolutely hated living in his dorm. He was a fat piece of shit and after spending the majority of 6 months sleeping on my couch he lost 72 pounds because I have cheap healthy food and nothing else in my apartment, aside from the 2 bottles of vodka that I have in my freezer for sleeping purposes. I made him pay $10 every now and then and let him eat what I eat. He didn't even workout and he still dropped weigh.

Aye, get yourself an air popcorn popper for $15. Popcorn kernels are like $2 a pound and that's enough to last almost a month and it's good for you if you don't add a shitload of butter and salt. If you don't like plain air popped popcorn just try it again, you'll get used to it quickly and fucking love it. Then find yourself some cheap whey protein online, get a $5 shaker cup and mix it with water. And then some oatmeal, and you don't have to get the steel cut shit that takes 3 days to cook, just get rolled oats. Then discover the world of frozen vegetables and all you need is a bowl and a microwave to unlock that world. You'll also need a microwave for the oatmeal. Now lets just take a moment to talk about eggs. You can make your entire diet out of eggs, frozen vegetables, oatmeal, and eating at a restaurant once or twice a week. You cannot live in a place that doesn't allow you a way to cook eggs. If you don't have a stove and a pan then you are living in a tent.
>>
>>42694204
>You cannot live in a place that doesn't allow you a way to cook eggs. If you don't have a stove and a pan then you are living in a tent.
Well, not quite a tent, but I am still not allowed hot plates or anything like that in the dorm.
>>
>>42694226
Then skip the eggs.
Example Sample Diet:
Meal 1 = 30g Whey Shake, Bowl of Oatmeal
Meal 2 = Can of Tuna, Bowl of Mixed Vegetables or whatever you like heated in the microwave
Meal 3 = 30g Whey Shake, Air Popped Popcorn
Meal 4 = Go Out To Eat
Meal 5 = Whey Protein Shake, Frozen Vegetables
Meal 6 = Cocktails and Pussy

You can eat like a champ for cheap.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.