[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit , i'm joining the military in 2 and a half weeks.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: contentimagelarge.jpg (204KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
contentimagelarge.jpg
204KB, 900x600px
Hey /fit , i'm joining the military in 2 and a half weeks. So i'm wondering what kind of training I can do for my LOWER body. I already have a conditioned upper body. But my lower body needs some serious training. How much running and how fast pace should i go at it for? Would appreciate some help from guys that are more trained in running and have a good stamina.
>>
Run 3 miles a day, and do a shit ton of jumping lunges. You're going to be running your ass off, there's not much you can do in a couple of weeks to get ready for the physical activity you'll be doing. There's actually not much you can do in general that will get you ready for it, so just be mentally tough.

I know it's kind of a shit answer but it's true

source: was a cross country/track runner at a military institute. between being an athlete and a cadet, my body eventually broke and stopped getting tired and sore.

if you got any questions though I'll answer them, no background in studying scientific work out shit and all that, just real experience.
>>
>>42688979
Thanks for the advice mayne, i'm fucking nervous as hell but i hope that it will go fine. I'm gonna run my ass off these 2 weeks. And also, my shins get really tight and sore when I run, it has gotten alot better since before when i just started to run. So is my tight shins a reason because I hadn't been running for so long or because im not made for running. again appreciate the answer.
>>
Lower body honestly is the least of your worries. UNLESS you get shin splints. If that's the case welcome to the world of living hell.

If you really want to build your leg endurance and simulate what the military will put you through then put on a heavy ruck sack and start marching a couple miles on concrete/asphalt/road. Not sure what branch you're going to but if marines not sure what hills you will run into. If you'e going into the ARMY then you may have some serious fucking hills to battle. I went to Fort Knox and they have some crazy hills there. Get ready for that in case you get thrown somewhere like that.
>>
>>42689112
>42689112
i'm joining the army in Sweden so it'll be foresty as hell. I think i had really bad shin splints a few months back but it has gotten better now that I stretch and just keep running through the pain. Thanks for the advice brah
>>
>>42689196
If you have shin splints you need to either get better shoes or run on softer surfaces. One major mistake people make is buying lightweight fashionable shoes and run on sidewalks. You're right in running through the pain. I'm sure there's some science bros who would disagree with me but from seeing tens of other people get shin splints I've seen people run less and their shin splints get worse and the people who run more ultimately get over the injury. Also ice your shins after a run if they're hurting. As long as it's both of your shins then you're fine. If it's one by itself, it's an injury.

And as the other anon said, you really don't need to worry about "power" or anything in your legs, you really just need endurance. And as I said before, most of that is in your head.

Also as the other anon said, you're going to be doing a lot of marching. So go on long ass walks too, but walk like you're late to something.

Don't be nervous, the military is all about keeping your head cool. You're gonna see a bunch of spazzy people who do everything wrong because they're nervous and don't want to get yelled at. As long as you don't quit you'll be fine.

I was running about 80miles a week before I started my time at the Military Institute, and I still was getting my ass kicked.

Here's a regiment that will actually work:

100 PUSH UPS
100 SIT UPS
100 SQUATS
10KM RUNNING
EVERY DAY
>>
>>42689436
>Every day
Absolute madman
>>
>>42689436
>not 100 km
not gonna make it
>>
>>42688929
grab a decent amount of weight put it on a bar and squat it for 20 reps
you should either be close to passing out or not be able to feel your hands
>>
>>42689196
>i'm joining the army in Sweden
Where abouts, anon?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.