[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ I need some advice. I'm tall at skinny enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: skinnyfat2.jpg (177KB, 569x641px) Image search: [Google]
skinnyfat2.jpg
177KB, 569x641px
Hey /fit/ I need some advice.
I'm tall at skinny enough for people to always say >"you need to put on some weight / muscle anon you'll be way better looking!"
But I have enough fat under my shirt to look gross without it. I also have semi bad gyno so getting fatter would be really bad.
Should I still do a strength program like SS or SL? If so how do I go about progressing in lifts without eating at a surplus?
I was thinking about just doing pushups, chinups, and crunches everyday while cutting.
Any tips would be great, I don't know what to do and want to get started properly.
>>
You need to read the sticky. Not memeing, but you are about to hurt yourself and do pointless exercises.

Yes you can cut while lifting. After boogie gains that will be it.

Don't do crunches, do planks.

One rest day between workouts is needed.

Get to a point with chinups to do pullups instead.

If you read the book, do SS. If you read someone's post about it, read the book. If you don't, you will just get fat and still be weak.
>>
>>42685331
do SS but actually read the book, don't listen to anyone here because no one else has read it and just repeats the same memes. do texas method when you stop progressing. if you're just starting you'll lose weight and gain muscle because you practically have none but calisthenics won't work for very long. do SS and eat at your tdee until you aren't progressing then up it into a surplus
>>
>>42685331
Cutting is top priority but you can still lift and supplement with body weight exercises. Go heavy on chest shit like dips, pull-ups, push ups. Also don't sleep on cardio to burn off the fat. Lose the fat first. I was pretty bad skinny fat and it took a lot of time to drop the last 5kg so don't get discouraged when you look the same after the first month
>>
>>42685395
>boogie gains

Noobie gains, but still funny
>>
>>42685395
>>42685400
>SS
>not SL
>>
File: fitsgreyskull.jpg (50KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
fitsgreyskull.jpg
50KB, 700x600px
>>42685395
>>42685400
Could you explain why reading the book is so necessary? Not saying it isn't I'm just curious.

Also from lurking it seems /fit/ thinks SS promotes people getting stronger but fatter and not muscular, I don't know if that's just a meme or not.
I've seen this routine and the description said it's pretty much like SS or SL but focuses a bit more on upper body muscles which makes you look better. Is that true?
>>
>>42685331
You probably look like this because you're sedentary as fuck and have a shit diet. All this can easily be fixed by getting physically active and fixing your diet.
>>
>>42685542
Do greyskull after a few months of SS/SL. If you're doing sets to failure with low weight you won't build much mass.

Don't cut when you have no muscles. Eat a small surplus; 300 - 500 kcal a day while getting sufficient protein. Your weight/fat won't skyrocket and you will be able to make decent progress.

If you're aiming for upperbody gains then add accessories to SS/SL. As long as you keep it reasonable you will be able to progress normally.
>>
File: 100301_front.jpg (135KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
100301_front.jpg
135KB, 480x640px
>>42685542
SS is a mem workout designed by a fucking troll. You'll get a fucking gut from drinking all that milk and will end up fat and ugly. Pic related is how you'll end up. Do a split instead.
>>
File: shitbody.jpg (34KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
shitbody.jpg
34KB, 405x720px
>>42685544
I'm both of those, it's not much at all but I've cut out soda, chips and chocolate for the last 2 weeks and I don't miss them.
I used to go swimming but had a few comments about my fat chest, which put me off. I feel the same with running cause the wind blows my shirt into me and I'm probably over thinking it way too much.
Pic related is me
>>
>>42685605
Okay thanks anon, appreciate it
>>
>>42685633
Pro tip: Don't do crunches. They train mainly the upper part of the abs. What happens is that you intestines get pushed down making your gut protrude even more. Do reverse crunches instead. If you're sedentary as fuck you might also have short hip flexors that make your hip roll forward, making your stomach protrude even more. You probably also have short hamstrings - stretch them.
>>
>>42685715
Will cardio and lifting help the hip flexors?
>>
>>42685715
Damn that makes complete sense, thanks anon
>>
>>42685715
How do you learn all this by the way
>>
>>42685782
No. Only stretching them will make them longer.

>>42685804
No problems.

>>42685821
I was trapped in a vicious circle of back problems (herniated discs), sedentary lifestyle, bad posture.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.