[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of dropping the weight if you fail 5x5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3826.jpg (36KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3826.jpg
36KB, 480x480px
What's the point of dropping the weight if you fail 5x5 on an exercise? Why not just do 5,5,5,4,3 until you can do 5x5?
>>
>>42683867
If you can do 5,5,5,4,3 you CAN do 5x5.
Just take more time between sets and use some defatiguing tricks.
If you're failing a weight you're either doing 4 on the first set, or 5 and then 1 or 2 on the other sets.
>>
>>42683867
Cause the program is called 5x5 you retard
>>
>>42683884
>Defatiguing tricks
Explain
>>
>>42683884
not true
>>42683867
if you failed because of accumulated fatigue, 5,5,5,4,3 will still be considerably stressful and not let you dissipate the fatigue by your next session, whereas deloading 10% would give you at least a few easier workouts for fatigue to dissipate
>>
>>42683912
Why not just skip a workout then?
>>
>>42683929
keep the motor patterns ingrained and fresh, avoid detraining

the more of a newfag lifter you are the more of a concern this is, you may take a workout off and the bar will feel noticeably heavier when you get back
>>
>>42683910
>workout pre- and peri-nutrition
>AND hydration
>rest times
>hands on something cold (speeds up blood cooling)
>>42683912
not COMPLETELY true, if it just doesn't work the guy is hitting a systemic fatigue wall and needs to check his program and diet, a deload week, decreasing overall volume, eating and/or sleepling more would help.
>>
>>42683867
Don't do 5x5 for linear progression. You'll stall constantly.
>>
>>42683980
I'm stalled at 3x10, what should I be doing instead?
>>
i always seem to fail on the last rep of the last set. desu its probably a mental thing at this stage. And i train by myself so theres no spotter
>>
>>42683867
Every reply in this thread is retarded. The real answer is simply fatigue management through very simple periodisation (not really periodisation, but serves the same purpose). You accumulate fatigue, deload, recover from some of the fatigue, reach the weight you stalled at less fatigued than last time.
>>
>>42684065
which is addressed in >>42683912
>>
>>42684078
Every reply except that one which I didn't see*
>>
>>42683963
only thing worthwhile was that cold thingy. thought it would have been something cooler like twerking near cardio bunnies or some shit.
>>
>>42683963
haha okay eliott hulse
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.