[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hurr durr I'm fat because I have Polycystic Ovarian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: hurrdurr.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hurrdurr.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>hurr durr I'm fat because I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
>Think twice before you make fun of big girls bigots!

What do you say to this /fit/?
>>
But i'm slim and /fit/ and have polycystic kidneys.
>>
>>42683787
it's not really the same is it? your kidneys don't produce sex hormones

also

> In the United States, some studies report that the prevalence of overweight and obesity in women with PCOS is as high as 80%. Outside the U.S., the prevalence of obesity in affected women is lower, although it has increased over time, with studies reporting rates as low as 20%.
>both the prevalence and severity of obesity are lower in women with PCOS outside the U.S. This observation suggests that environmental factors, such as lifestyle, contribute to development of obesity in PCOS.
both the prevalence and severity of obesity are lower in women with PCOS outside the U.S. >This observation suggests that environmental factors, such as lifestyle, contribute to development of obesity in PCOS.
>>
>>42683804
Kidneys filter your blood. If you can be fit when your kidneys aren't functioning properly, you can be fit when your ovaries aren't functioning properly.

Also you're told to actively AVOID strenuous physical activity and have a low protein diet with PKD.
>>
>>42683804
So she's fat because she's American, not because of PCOS.
Soon fatties will be saying they're fat because they're patriotic.
>>
>>42683820
must be tough man. We're studying kidney disease for uni
is there anything I should know?
What's your GFR? Do you think you'll be on dialysis eventually?
>>
>>42683777
Being fat causes PCOS not the other way around. It is true that when having acquired PCOS it is a little harder to lose weight, however really easily possible. 90% of people with PCOS can cure themselves by losing weight.
>>
>>42683823
I'm not an expert on PCOS, but I did like 10 minutes of internet research, and everything I've found has said PCOS isn't actually a cause of weight gain.
In fact, being overweight is a cause of PCOS. How the fuck could increased androgens and male hormones cause significant weight gain, most males aren't fat just because they have testosterone. Obesity rates are higher in PCOS women who seek treatment, because their obesity is making their symptoms worse.

It really pisses me off that every fucking fat bitch with PCOS complains about their illness causing their obesity. It's like a guy with insulin resistance telling you the reason he's overweight is because he's insulin resistant. No, it's not, he's insulin resistant because he's overweight.

How many times have you heard the "it's not ok to make fun of people who are overweight if they have a metabolic disorder, like PCOS". No, not PCOS, fuck you
>>
I'm kind of overweight and I have hashimotos, (not why I'm overweight) but now that I started lifting and eating right it's super hard for me to lose weight. I also can't make gains cause I'm not eating enough so I don't know what to do.

Going to the doctors to get checked out next week.
Feels bad man
>>
>>42683831
I've only just been confirmed as having it. I'm not too fussed desu; i'm 27 years old and live my life as I always have; I just eat less red meat now. My mother also has PKD and she's 63. The doctors consistently say she's doing well and her kidneys are performing fine; no dialysis required. She has health problems but they're unrelated to her PKD. I remain optimistic about my future. I figure eating clean will help in the long run because my kidneys won't have to work as hard to filter all the shit out of my blood.
>>
>>42683777
Do you have the video where she claims she cant weight herself because she is too heavy for the scales, and her dad brings her a profesional medical weight ?
>>
>>42683854
Suvks breh. My gf got that thing too most probably. Waiting for final diagnosis. But you can still make it, test yourself regularly, jump on kind of medicine and if your doctor is not retarded you should be just fine soon enough.
>>
>>42683777
"sorry about your condition. its not what i'm looking for in a partner"
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.