[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LETS HAVE A "QUESTIONS YOU WANT TO ASK BUT DONT MERIT THEIR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5528.png (383KB, 598x628px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5528.png
383KB, 598x628px
LETS HAVE A "QUESTIONS YOU WANT TO ASK BUT DONT MERIT THEIR OWN THREAD" thread

Would I be better off lifting heavy weights or lighter weights for a longer amount of time.
>>
Depends what your goal is. 5x5 w/heavy weights its good for strength while 3x12 is good for size. Just google it faggot
>>
Can I get all my daily protein requirements from shakes? Or am I only supposed to have a certain amount and eat the rest? And do I still need to have protein on a day that I don't do any lifting?
>>
looking for strength
>>
File: GDYGEeOYmI.thumb.png (107KB, 221x221px) Image search: [Google]
GDYGEeOYmI.thumb.png
107KB, 221x221px
>>42681161

"Lets have a "questions you can easily google" thread!!

Legit tho guys what's the right kind of fish oil supplement to be taking pls help
>>
I cant find a serious first day routine on the internet. Its all "First Time - do 25 reps of 250lbs for 5 sets, no break, fuck you fatty"

I cant even do a sit up, I get tired carrying kitty litter too far wtf. I'm going to the gym tomorrow and I'd like a realistic workout routine for a first-ever timer to working out.

You guys know any sites?
>>
>>42681804
you should get protein from various sources, never have a stagnant diet.
>>42682379
get your body used to moving by doing full body/compound movements.

Squat, deadlift, bench press.
Try with just the bar for each exercises until you feel out your body.
>>
>>42682379
If you're THAT BAD, just lose weight. You can't do one situp even if you're on one of those benchos on which you can press your ankles forward, giving you some leverage?

Look up myfitnesspal (it's an app yo) and control your caloric intake. If you work in a job in which you take more than 20k steps daily, it's super easy. If you don't, just try to get out and walk more or whatever to start out. I find it's a lot easier to GET STARTED that way. You don't have to keep doing that.

Check out podcasts if you're like me and you get bored easily.

Weight/height?
>>
>>42682391
Okay, thanks anon. I always wondered about why people deadlift with two opposite facing hands. Doesnt seem like good form but what the hell do I know.
>>
>>42682408
6'4" 275lbs
I've been walking the dog everyday, I dont eat much but I binge on beer once a week and I'm boated as fuck the day after and it sticks around another day, about half the size.
>>
>>42682379
https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/from-here-to-weightlifter-muscle-gain-for-beginners.html

Try this. It may be tough but it will at least introduce you on different equipment and exercises. Look up alternatives on bodybuilding.com for the exercises you can't do and use assisted pull up machine if you can't do bodyweight
>>
>>42682427
Oh man, same height as me except you're starting 25lbs lighter than I did. Stop drinking booze as best you can. Drink shit loads of water. CONTROL YOUR CALORIES. I went down 50 pounds in the first few months of cutting when I was just 25 pounds above your weight. I'll say it now and I want you to remember: it's extremely easy to fail. What you're trying to do is change your lifestyle for the better. Take each failure and learn at least one thing, no matter how small, and you will eventually make it. Good luck.
>>
So I'm reading the sticky, and read this

>So if you humongous whale actually managed to bloat up to like 240 pounds, you're at 2400 kcal/day!
If you're, like, really fucking fat, eat less than that.

But on the second post of the sticky, I see

>Cutting Diet:
Calories: TDEE - 500 calories
Protein: 1.5+ grams per lb. bodyweight

And according to the calculator, my TDEE is 3929 calories, so TDEE - 500 calories is 3429 calories

Which one should I follow? One is telling me to eat less than 2400 calries and another is saying 3429 calories? Or am I fucking retarded and just not reading correctly? 5'11 280lbs btw
>>
>>42682469
240 and 275 are different, also what you're looking at is the "lose a pound a week" number (1 pound of fat = 3500 calories = 500 calories per day for a week)

You can safely cut 1000 calories daily. When I did it, I cut a lot faster, but I was also constantly active. Adjust based on what works for you. Don't go TOO fast.
>>
>>42682567
Great, thanks
>>
>>42681161
next time add QTDDTOT to the title. Makes it easier to find in the catalogue
>>
>>42682735
gotcha
>>
Just moved to Ottawa and my coworker told me of a gym that's 5$ bi weekly for a year commitment Would it be worth it to get a gym membership and start trying to get fit I used to weigh 2895 and now I weigh 230 from a change of diet and doing jack shit all day
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.