[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any fags knowledgeable about strength programming around? Don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1503346306799.jpg (271KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1503346306799.jpg
271KB, 640x960px
Any fags knowledgeable about strength programming around? Don't want to ask this on plebbit or a forum as I'd have to make an account and nobody has got time for that shit.

I want to switch from the Texas method as it takes too damn long on volume day and my bench is dead. I've come across a general strength training template for intermediates by a guy called Jordan feigenbaum, he's an elite lifter and seems to know his shit. One problem is that the article doesn't outline how progression works or how recovery works. It's also based on RPE. This is the general template.

Workout 1

Competition Squat x 1 @ RPE 8, 5 @ RPE 8 x 3-5 sets
2 count Paused Bench x 4 @ 7, 4 @ 8, 4 @ 9 x 3-4 sets
Romanian Deadlift x 7 reps @ 6, 7 reps @ 7, 7 reps @ 8 x 4 sets

Workout 2

Competition Bench x 1 @ RPE 8, 5 reps @ RPE 8 x 4-6 sets
2 count Paused Squat x 4 @ 7, 4 @ 8, 4 @ 9 x 3-4 sets
Press x 7 reps @ 6, 7 reps @ 7, 7 reps @ 8 x 4 sets

Workout 3

Competition Deadlift x 1 @ RPE 8, 5 @ RPE 8 x 3-5 sets
Touch n Go Bench Press x 4 @ 7, 4 @ 8, 4 @ 9 x 3-4 sets
Front Squat 7 reps @ 6, 7 reps @ 7, 7 reps @ 8 x 4 sets
Dumbbell Incline Bench 8 reps @ 6, 8 reps @ 7, 8 reps @ 8 x 4 sets

He states it's for intermediate lifters still making weekly gains. I'm finding it difficult to understand the logic behind it. In Texas method, you have a stimulus day, recovery day, and an adaptation day. Week to week recovery and fatigue management is theoretically built into the Texas method. I can't see the same for the above template. How is weekly progress going to be happen if you're constantly doing heavier and heavier lifts each week without a dedicated recovery day? Do I just run it for 3 - 6 weeks and deload?
>>
I would want to run a 4 day upper/lower version of this, not the one outlined in the OP, but I still need some clarification.

4 day version like this.

Workout 1

Competition Bench x 1 @ RPE 8, 5 reps @ RPE 8 x 4-6 sets
Press x 7 reps @ 6, 7 reps @ 7, 7 reps @ 8 x 4 sets

Workout 2

Competition Squat x 1 @ RPE 8, 5 @ RPE 8 x 3-5 sets
Romanian Deadlift x 7 reps @ 6, 7 reps @ 7, 7 reps @ 8 x 4 sets

Workout 3

Push Press x 4 @ 7, 4 @ 8, 4 @ 9 x 3-4 sets
2 count Paused Squat x 4 @ 7, 4 @ 8, 4 @ 9 x 3-4 sets

Workout 4

Competition Deadlift x 1 @ RPE 8, 5 @ RPE 8 x 3-5 sets
Front Squat 7 reps @ 6, 7 reps @ 7, 7 reps @ 8 x 4 sets

Will throw in Chins, pull ups, curls, rows, etc at the end depending on time and feel.
>>
File: 1503870814854.png (108KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
1503870814854.png
108KB, 400x381px
>not 1 reply
Is the meme really true, nobody actually lifts here?
>>
>>42677313
>>>/fit/plg
>>
Jordan is extremely strong and knows his shit, but I can't bring myself to fuck with RPE and all those exercise variations. I'm not a special snowflake, I have no business letting muh feelz determine what weight I put on the bar, and I want the simplest damn program that will keep making me stronger. If you're bored, sure, try out the B R I D G E and let us know how it goes. But if you just hate VD, then split it into two days, and if your bench is dead, then add more volume. Report back pls if you Feigenbaum it tho, be interesting to hear how it goes.
>>
>>42679676
>bridge
>simple
nigga there is literally not a single lift you repeat more than once per week, the bridge is pretty fucking complex.
>>
>>42679676
Rpe makes sense to me. I'm sure I'll make some fuck ups initially.
I'm more worried about overreaching and fatigueing too much on this program.
>>
>>42677750
>How is weekly progress going to be happen if you're constantly doing heavier and heavier lifts each week without a dedicated recovery day?
the recovery day is inherent to the RPE. you're emphasized to push harder when you can achieve higher weights on the x1@RPE 8 and to maintain or back off on weights when you feel that you can't achieve progression.

Essentially, it doesn't prescribe the weight that you should be using to push progression, it's prescribing a level of exertion in a rep range that you move weights at on a daily basis. So rather than running TM as written doing squats at 80% for 5x5, you do a weight that you can get for 5 reps @ RPE 8. So if the first couple sets this is 85%, you do whatever that number is for you. if you get to the point where 5 reps at that weight is RPE 9, you decrease the weight by say 5-10% and do more sets of 5 @RPE 8

it looks like the target of progression is increasing the weight x1@RPE8 sets. So each day you would work up to a challenging top single at RPE8, and if you felt like you could do more weight than you could last week, you add to last week. if you doubt your ability to push more weight than last week, you could maintain or do a little less.

It's an extremely subjective program, and even people who have a lot of experience lifting can struggle with being honest about how much they think they're exerting themselves. What you may want to try instead of jumping into a totally RPE based program is continue running Texas Method and start trying to evaluate and regulate your training and weights by RPE.
>>
>>42679826
Thanks for the write up man, makes more sense now. But I presume I would still need to take a deload or drop volume when necessary?

I'm considering this or a 4 day TM split.
I think this would be a nice psychological break from the TM set up though, so that's one reason why I'm leaning towards it.
>>
>>42679826
How is that going to deal with accumulated fatigue?
>>
>>42679757
yeah nigga that's what I'm saying, bridge is some unnecessary whoopdedoo imo desu
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.