[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's some cheap food? Moving out soon and need to conserve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1500073936661.png (1MB, 739x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1500073936661.png
1MB, 739x1024px
what's some cheap food? Moving out soon and need to conserve money
I'll mostly be buying
>eggs
>rice
>pasta
>vegetables
>milk (yeah I know it's not "food")
>fruit like bananas and apples and shit

What's some other good cheap shit? And what meat has the best price to protein ratio? Chicken is kind of expensive (6 euro for 4 tiny shitty fillets)
>>
peanut butter
oats
pork cuts
minced meat
along with what you posted you should be on the way to gainsville, fuck chicken
>>
File: giv milkies.webm (1023KB, 594x720px) Image search: [Google]
giv milkies.webm
1023KB, 594x720px
chicken eggs vegetables rice is all u need brah
>>
I guess Protein Powder. Tuna.

When buying meat (or other food) try to find out much money one pound costs. Then you can compare beef/pork/chicken/fish with each other and buy the cheapest one. Also check frozen wares, pork is usually half price if frozen. Beef and chicken aren't that much cheaper frozen, but might last longer.

Also find some friends who like to cook and rotate making dinner for each other. Way more fun and social, and it's more fun cooking for more people. You can save a lot of money doing this.
>>
I almost forgot that lamb is in season. You can get some cheap lamb these fall months.
>>
I just finished a can of baked beans for lunch and a shaker bottle of water. Can't imagine anything cheaper and less fussy than that
>>
rice and dried beans are the obvious choice
whole wheat pasta is usually cheap. around here I can get 1 pound for $1, although it is cheaper to just buy wheat flour and make your own, but not everyone is up for doing that
you should be able to get 5 pounds of potatoes for around $2.50 (should still be cheap in euroland)
steel cut oats are a slightly better value than rolled oats, but they take 40 minutes to cook. you could cook up a huge batch on the weekend and just reheat them throughout the week though
I know euros often despise it, but peanut butter is one of the best cheap sources of protein. I basically don't eat oats without a bunch of peanut butter

also fruits usually aren't that cost effective considering their nutritional value. you'd almost always be better off buying veggies instead
>>
File: 1497816582264.jpg (179KB, 1500x773px)
1497816582264.jpg
179KB, 1500x773px
Oats nigger. Has Rippletits taught you nothing?
>>
>>42677072
Chicken thighs bro
season em with whatever, salt and pepper works fine, and put em in the oven at 375 for about an hour.
ez gains
Also: black beans
>>
Oats, vegies, brown rice, chicken breast, cocoanut oil, peanut butter, protein powder, and milk.

legit cant get cleaner and cheaper than this. its like 25$/week
>>
thanks brahs you were helpful. Can't believe I forgot about oats.
>>
Kodiak Cakes. Its pancake mix with a shit ton of protein, for pancakes.

Speaking of which, anyone have /fit/ approved toppings for pancakes? Too much sugar in syrup, and I don't eat dairy. What are some good alternatives?
>>
File: 1502324914508.jpg (23KB, 638x647px)
1502324914508.jpg
23KB, 638x647px
>>42678566
>Ate some oats at friends house when I was little.
>Thought it was some of the most disgusting shit I ever tasted.
>Never eat it again.
>Start working out and saw an oats recipe
>Thought why the fuck not and tried it.
>Its fucking delicious.

Man I dont get how people complain about eating healthy. Shit like tuna, eggs, fruit, veggies and oats are great. I guess the food industry is to blame for fucking our shit up and us thinking its normal to eat garbage.
>>
>>42679481
Not just industry, the American culture
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.