[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to work my way into being a strength or strength

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: hsfb.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hsfb.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
Is it possible to work my way into being a strength or strength & conditioning coach for a school team without an exercise science or other related degree?

Is it possible through other certifications and training achievements? Good sales pitch? Has anyone else done this?

I'm open to college or high school teams and I prefer football but whatever. I'm not looking for "quick" I mean at some point in my life.
>>
>>42668295
>Is it possible to work my way into being a strength or strength & conditioning coach for a school team without an exercise science or other related degree?
yes. but you won't be paid a lot nor work for any big time school/team. you will probably be a high school football weightlifting coach. and you probably don't even make minimum wage due to only working an hour or two after school each day. basically, it would be a hobby.
>Is it possible through other certifications and training achievements?
this is the only way to get that job without degrees. no amount of pretty works or juicy arms will land you a job like that without at least a PT cert or something of the sort.

tl;dr no degree no big boy job. enjoy coaching the muddogs, 42 players in total (this is from freshman to senior, not just varsity), on how to squat better
>>
>>42668295
If you play highschool ball you could probably volunteer coach at your old school, they will not pay you and with 0 credentials you would probably make next to nothing even at `the largest private school

No fucking way you could work at a college with 0 credentials. With all of the hoops and regulations schools have to jump through, you would be a waterboy at best. Also, at any given school there are a few dozen athletic science type majors fighting for that type of work already.

Just because you enjoy lifting does not mean you should be a coach, if it doesn't happen it is probably because there are people more passionate than you for this
>>
>>42668295
You'd have to be extremely lucky to even get picked up by a high school and even then you're not going to make much. Also I think most of the time those positions are just open to teachers who want to make some extra money or volunteers. College you'll be laughed out of the room
>>
>>42668349
Got it, thanks for the feedback. I'm not looking to do it for the money. Regardless of major job or not it'd probably be best to find a way to get the degree.

>>42668533
Completely makes sense about the colleges. The highschools will be worth looking into, I think.

>>42668810
Agreed on colleges. I'm more in the boat of already having a career but wanting to do this as well, or eventually switch to this if I can amass the experience and credentials.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.