[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Can't unrack the weight without a spotter When I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1503424059762.png (277KB, 591x420px) Image search: [Google]
1503424059762.png
277KB, 591x420px
>Can't unrack the weight without a spotter
When I have someone to help unrack I can bench 110kg for reps. Without then I can only do 90kg, there's too much pain in my shoulders otherwise. How do I fix this? I hate having to rely on other people
>>
>>42664031
>there's too much pain in my shoulders otherwise
your bench form is utter garbage
>>
>>42664054
This
>>
File: icon.jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
icon.jpg
43KB, 600x600px
>>42664054
>>42664084
How do I fix?
>>
>>42664113
watch videos

I dunno if mine is even good, but it doesn't ever cause me pain and I'm steadily raising the weight so... I just take the barbell right below my nipples and raise it straight up.
>>
In "real life" like in a shop where I have spent a LOT of time, heavy objects rarely come with 1" knurled steel bars to lift them with. They are big, bulky, awkward, and dont have any good grips. Superior grip strength does not help when you are trying to lift a V-8 off its mounts :) In the real world, we have to be smart and use mechanical means to lift these large heavy and bulky objects.
>>
>>42664031
Have you tried using the machine where there are little hooks on the bar, and you can safely lock or unlock the bar by twisting your wrists? The one where the bar is on a vertical rail, and there is a protection to make sure the bar can't fall on you. I forgot the name of it.
>>
>>42664054
this

>>42664158
its called smith machine
>>
>>42664141
In the real world we've learned that robots and/or underpaid desperate employees will lift heavy things and we don't ever have to.
I'm trying to look good though, anon, not train with practical purposes in mind
>>
lift your ass high up in the air when unracking, it will make it easier

do put your ass back down when you're benching tho
>>
>>42664031
OP I have this problem too with one of the benches at my gym because the hooks are too high for me to stay tight when I unrack.
Try the lower hook if you've got it, not ideal because it's usually too low but it's better than pain.
>>
>>42664308
inb4 ur a manlet, I'm 5'11 it's just a freaky high bench rack, and a combination of a fairly wide grip and shortish arms
>>
>>42664031
Other posters are idiots. Move back farther on the bench. Otherwise, a lift off is fine
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.