[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey im 4% under the max bmi for the army and want to get in better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

File: WIN_20170826_13_33_02_Pro.jpg (43KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170826_13_33_02_Pro.jpg
43KB, 640x360px
hey im 4% under the max bmi for the army and want to get in better shape before i ship out the fitness section is full of idiots you lads are my last option for advice i have no money no equipment other than a treadmill and hand weights i already signed the papers and have a few months i enlisted in the delayed entry program for 11B or infantry
please help pic related (is me)
>>
>>42651412

lots of running

do internet search for body weight exercises

don't each so much
>>
>>42651412
With tits like those, you should just become a trap.
>>
>>42651412
Yup, lots of cardio. Also do PT with recruiters.
>>
thank all of you so much these are very helpful but my issue is that i need a workout thats fairly fast ive already cut down to only eating dinner and an apple for a pre workout snack but i dont know what cardio would be best most of you are ex-military so based on your experience what do i need to do to be well rounded physically and i would be a trap but my dick isnt feminine enough
>>
>>42651416
>only eating dinner
Don't starve yourself mate. It's about the quality of what's going in, so eat a good breakfast too. Lunch isn't as important. As for cardio: running and swimming are my favorites, and different strokes work different muscle groups.
>>
eatthismuch.com

You can't outrun the fork, fatty
>>
Don't skip meals. In fact, it's better to have more small meals and snacks throughout the day rather than one big meal. This, combined with a good cardio routine, will boost your metabolism.
>>
Up protein intake, do cardio, look up calisthenics or body weight stuff
>>
>>42651412
Running is free, start right now.
>>
ok thank you lads i will start immediately this has helped me immensely
>>
>>42651412
Call /fit/ dumb
Be too fat for army
Lol
>>
>>42651416
Count your calories
>>
stop eating carbs. no bread. no rice. no tortillas. no sugar. meat and greens.
>>
>>42651425
This is actually great advice, as obvious as it may seem. Grains and sugar were the thing keeping my weight above optimal levels. I've cut grains and 'added sugar' and seen massive improvements. I only eat fruit as a source of sugar. No sugar drinks, no juices, no candies or anything with added sugar. Nowadays that limits your choices quite a lot, but it's made a huge difference.
>>
ok i thought bread was good because it had carbohydrates and i was told carbs give you energy and promote muscle growth
>>
>>42651412
If you're looking to drop a bit more weight then it's simple enough.

Your body stores extra energy as fat. When you use more energy than you take in, your body will consume the fat to make up the difference. You can't cheat the first law of thermodynamics.

That said, go for a sensible deficit, a starvation diet will hurt more than help. Even if you're only eating 200 calories less than your maintenance requirement (there are plenty of online calculators to help you here) then you'll lose weight so long as you're consistent. A pound of fat contains around 3500 calories, so you'd drop a pound every 2 and a half weeks. 500 calories under would see you to a pound a week.

You know the rest. Get running to build that cardio, lift your weights and do circuits for your strength and flexibility.

tl/dr:
Eat less (but don't starve yourself), move more.
>>
>>42651425
this. /thread
you lose about 1kilo per week with this method.
>>
>>42651412
run. a lot.
>>
What are good bodyweight exercises?
>>
>>42651431
pull up, chin up, dips, pseudo planche push up, handstand push up, normal push ups and leg raises from a bar.
>>
Everything is easier once you lose weight!
Your best friends in accomplishing this are white fish, tuna, cottage cheese, eggs, broccoli, chicken, lean red meat, and nice and filling vegetables like carrots, spinach, bell peppers and mushrooms. By way of carbs, oats, brown rice, whole grain pasta and potatoes (sweet or regular) are OK.
Cut out soda AND diet soda and other artificially sweetened drinks - They usually work as diuretics and make you piss away the good stuff in your body. Aim to drink about a gallon or more of water a day. Green tea is good for you, and coffee isn't all that bad either.
If you need to get your sweet on, apples, quark, bananas, dark chocolate, dried berries are good. I have a recipe for some OK banana bread made with protein powder floating around somewhere.

>>42651431
Dips and chinups make you strong and jacked.
Look up a book called Convict Conditioning if you have difficulties doing chinups - It has a lot of variations you can progress through to help you get there, starting at "so piss easy an 80 years old lady with arthritis could do it"-level.
>>
>>42651433
It's unnerving how friendly and helpful this post is.
>>
>>42651423
>tells it like a greentext story but not greentext
Get with the program, fatty
>>
>>42651412
Considering the Army would accept your mom's couch pillow, calm down bitch tits. You're ok.
>>
>>42651412
The biggest thing will be to eat less you fat fuck.
>>
>>42651416
>ive already cut down to only eating dinner and an apple for a pre workout snack
No....
Just... No...
Cut out all simple carbs and sugar.
Eat a breakfast of things like yogurt, fruit and whole grain breads (if you have to).
An apple/banana or two can be had through the day if you get peckish.
Drink lots of water.
Lunch, have a salad with lots of goodies (tomatoes, onions, cucumber, etc) with maybe a little bit of cheese and a homemade olive oil/balsamic vinegar dressing.
Dinner, have a little bit of brown rice along with a lean meat (chicken, fish, etc.) and more vegetables.
After workout have a protein shake (include some carbs for best results in building muscle)
Count your calories, keep around 1600-1800/day max.
Keep active, you'll loose weight.
Rotate between cardio and weights, 6 days a week.
>>
>>42651416
>intermittent fasting without doing paleo/keto and/or counting calories
Lmao. I bet you feel like shit, huh? Also it's not hard to end up eating above your maintenance in one sitting, that's binge eating is my dude.
>>
>>42651412
>Push up
>pull up.
>running.
Thats it bros.
>>
>>42651412
Get your nasty bitch tits off of here. I was an 0311 and you're nasty, even for 11 Bravo's.
>>
>>42651412
Eat less, run more.

You need to burn more than you take in. And more importantly when it comes to this, enjoy it. Nothing feels better than being healthier. It'll help you stay fit when you get in and out of the service.
>>
>>42651442
>Nothing feels better than being healthier.
Alcohol, uppers, downers, suicide, etc
>>
>>42651416
The most important thing is to start eating fresh food for your meals. Like seriosly. Do this and a gallon of water a day. Massive improvements. I've been making a lot of progress 9 pounds in two months though I've relapsed a lot due to working roadshifts and making poor stress eating choices. Also. Do couch to 5 k. It works. Only problem I've had is shin splints holding me back
>>
>>42651412
Diet is exponentially more effective for losing weight. A man needs 2500cal a day roughly, aim for 2000-2300cal. Count your calories religiously, figure out how many you're getting now, it'll likely surprise you
>>
>>42651412
4 count jumping jacks
burpees, 4 count
front, back, go's
15/30's, 30/60's, 60/120 sprints
>>
File: swole banana bread.png (16KB, 723x500px) Image search: [Google]
swole banana bread.png
16KB, 723x500px
>>42651434
Thanks man, I try.
I used to be massively fat at 140 kg/315 lbs, and am now down to 92/~205, and got about 12/25 more to go.
I'd be lying if I said that /fit/ hadn't been a good help on the way, but as of late it's been so full of negativity and memes and stale content that I just left to do my own thing.

Now, from personal experience, I have found that the easiest way to lose weight and build your body is consistency.
If counting calories and weighing food with every meal is hard, you can either make meals in advance, or eat the same thing for a number of meals.
For instance, for lunch I eat two slices of oat bread with a can of tuna in oil and sriracha for a rounded up total of 450 kcal. I keep buying the same bread, same tuna, same chili sauce, and so I don't need to count it again.
I lift four times a week, two basic exercises every time and supplement with more if I'm feeling it. The structure (set and rep ranges) are very simple to keep track of, as is the weight. I have meals at set times(ish, don't be the the guy that can't go out for dinner because it's in your fasting period or some such), and on weekdays I'm in bed by 10:30. Sleep is real important, by the way.
If you make things easy and routine, it's easier to stick to it. I don't use much in the way of supplements (Omega-3, L-Arginine, ZMA), but I just stick to what works for me. I can wholeheartedly recommend the previously mentioned supps.

Here's the recipe for the nanner bread, by the by, pic related.
A last protip: If baking with protein powder, it makes bread and/or cakes very airy and dry. As such, if you want to make some swole brownies, it's not a good idea to dump a bunch of protein powder in the batter - You end up with a dry and bitter chocolate cake that doesn't taste any good at all instead of gooey mushy goodness.
There's also nothing wrong with enjoying a slice of cake or two every now and then, as long as you don't bullshit yourself with regards to what you're eating.
>>
>>42651445
not if you want to increase your aerobic capacity. ignore magazine shills. run a two mile every day do atleast 3 50 pushup sets per day and 3 sets of 50 situps. if you can't at first double the sets and half the reps till you can
>>
>>42651412
Cardio, strength building and endurance, my dude. Go to the gym and do a lot of free weight strength building like doing planks and kettle bell swings. Don't go overboard into Crossfit territory. Avoid weight lifting as it will be useless aside from squats and deadlifts. Then after an hour of assorted work outs run for 2 miles. Doing the run at the end of the workout will condition your body to not burn sugar and fats so quickly. Don't worry about time, yet. Find your comfortable pace for the run and work on getting faster from there.

As for diet I can't help you. I'm naturally a string bean so I have to eat a ton of protein just to maintain my weight regardless of if I'm working out a lot or not.
>>
>>42651412
>the fitness section is full of idiots
>So I thought I'd shit up the weapons board with something off topic and become the idiot myself
>>
OP you will lose the gut in basic. If you want to prepare, focus on excerises in the PT test. Two mile run, push ups, sit ups. The less talked about exercise is Ruck marching. A lot of small guys that are otherwise fit get broke off on the ruck. Beyond that, when you get to basic don't turn into a bitch. I sprained my ankle so bad the first week, my foot was almost too swollen to go in my boot and it didn't heal till I got to my unit. Just tough it out. When you get paid don't blow it on stupid shit. Was 11B for 7 years.
>>
>>42651432
>>42651433
How do I do pushups if my doors have no frames to mount the bar?
>>
>>42651412
Get a backpack. Put 75+ lbs in it. Speed walk for 5 + miles. Thank me after basic. When you get to basic, put your last 4 on literally everything they issue you. Again, thank me later.
>>
>>42651452
You can buy a set of gymnastic rings for dirt cheap. They'll come with adjustable straps so you can hang them anywhere - a balcony, rafters, a ladder leant against a wall... Sky's the limit! I much prefer these to doorframe pullup bars, as I'm a bit on the tall side and my knees touch the ground when I'm in the bottom position.
>>
File: 1498134758705.gif (148KB, 425x417px) Image search: [Google]
1498134758705.gif
148KB, 425x417px
Long time guard here, have you guys seen the newest iteration of the Army revamping the PT test?

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/military-fitness-test-exercises
>the 250-meter sprint/drag/carry: a soldier sprints out and back 25 meters, then repeats it while dragging a 90-pound sled, then again, empty-handed, then with two 30-pound kettle bells, and, finally, another empty-handed back-and-forth
Heh, that'll fuck some females up
>A standing power throw, which will require the soldier to hurl a 10-pound medicine ball over their head. The throw is completed for farthest distance.
Wtf, what does that even prove?
>A leg tuck, an exercise in which a "soldier grasps a climbing bar with alternating neutral grip in the dead hang position; flexes with elbows, hips and waist to bring knees up, touching both elbows with knees; and returns to the dead hang position
We had to do that in basic 11 years ago. It's a good replacement for the sit up.
>The T push-up: start with your hands under your shoulder, and your body on the ground, then raise up, back down, and extend hands your to the t-position, then back in for each push-up. The exercise is completed after two minutes.
Doable but just how many T push ups in two minutes will be expected?
>maximum weight deadlift
Ha hahaa hahaha, manlets and females finally BTFO unless the standard is going to be low. Another thing is with all these events a APFT is going to be day long event with a lot angry people who end up screwing up just one part of the test. They are keeping the two mile run.
>>
you guys are fucking legends like i heard that /k/ was fucked but not all of you are fucking your rifles cheers :)
>>
>>42651412
Lots of good /fit/ advice already. Look at Tabada and HIIT workouts. Start with true Tabada 3 times a week. Don't go for the BS modified Tabada workouts. These were made up by /fit/bros using bro science while Tabada is an actual research scientist. Sprint for 20 seconds dead out, as hard and as fast as you can. Walk for 10 seconds. Repeat for 8 rounds. The whole workout is 4 minutes. Do this 3 times (every other day) a week for 2 weeks. At week 3 add another Tabada set with 3 minutes of rest between sets. In other words, one 4 minute Tabada, rest for 3 minutes, another 4 minute Tabada. Total workout is 11 minutes. Do this for 2 more weeks. You are now 4 weeks in. Week 5 adds a 3rd Tabada. Again, 3 minutes of rest between sets. Do this for 2 weeks then add a 4th Tabada. At the end of this 8 week cycle, do not exceed the 4x4 Tabada (called the Norwegian 4x4). Keep this as your conditioning workout 3 days a week until you ship. For strength training, 2 days a week between your Tababa conditioning, do HIIT training Burpees. Go to youtube and look at correct Burpee form. For simplicity, use the above Tabada times and progression.
>>
>>42651436
Yes, but...
11B OSUT will suck a whole lot less if he shows up in some sort of shape. DS will fuck with him less and he may be in the running for Honor Grad and could get E2/E3 before living Ft Benning. And, if he can get his run down, this will set him up for success at Abn School. He will most likely be offered Abn during OSUT. And who the fuck wants to be a fucking leg?
>>
>>42651412
you have man boobs that's like a big money maker when the guys get lonley you should keep it charge guys 10 dollars to get a grope

pretty soon you will be swimming in dough
>>
File: 1502744574176.jpg (362KB, 1374x1688px) Image search: [Google]
1502744574176.jpg
362KB, 1374x1688px
>>42651412
Forget doing a shit load of cardio. Lift heavy things. Here's what you can eat:

1) meat
2) cheese
3) low carb vegetables(google it)
4) tree nuts

Here's what you can drink:

1) water
2) black coffee

God speed anon.
>>
Guys please help. I'd take this to /fit/ but I'll just get memed there.

The nutritional advice in here I know is all sound. Currently eating at ~1800 calories; currently 5'9/185lbs; I'd *guess* 20% bf but decent muscle mass from years of typical strength and hypertrophy programs.

But now I've got my sights on the military (22yo btw) and I know cardio is king and callisthenics is queen but people also recommend a strength routine to supplement that. What should my routine look like?
>>
>>42651460
>tapping your shoulder with one hand is harder than a push up
>>
>>42651412
Quit eating sugar and carbs. Have as much veg and meat as you want. Jog 3-5 miles a day. You'll lose 1.5 lbs a week
>>
>>42651461
just do ss my dude. you can figure out some routine that works for you once you're out of noobgains and know what you're doing.
>>
>>42651412
Bodyweight exercises- pushups, pull ups, situps, jumping jacks and squats- combined with a healthy diet. Rid your life of pop, booze and sweets (for the most part- treat yourself once or twice a week for fuck's sake) and cut fast food out completely and totally. Make sure you eat plenty of protein and continue to eat at a calorie deficit. There is no fucking shortcut. /fit/ is right. The only path to a healthy body is a good diet and regular exercise. There is no superfood, no magic pill or technique, no special mattress or pillow or belt or sneaker. It's all fucking snake oil. As a rule of thumb, don't eat it if you couldn't make it at home with the appropriate materials and hand tools. In fact, the more you cook your own food, the better. I guarantee it's healthier and cheaper. Buy your food in the most basic form humanly possible. Raw veggies, meats, cheese, potatoes, milk and butter kind of shit. Fuck, if you've got the time, make your own bread. Not only will you be healthier and wealthier for cooking your own food, you'll also develop a vital skillset for self-sustenance and impressing others. Most importantly, stick to it. Fitness is not a thing that happens overnight. It's months or even years of dedication and hard, sweaty work.
>>
>>42651412
STOP EATING CARBS, STOP EATING GRAINS, STOP CONSUMING SUGAR AND GO KETO. YOU'LL LOOSE WEIGHT LIKE CRAZY ALL THE WHILE EATING THE BEST CRAP YOU'VE EATEN IN YOUR ENTIRE SHIT LIFE
>>
>>42651412
cut out as much sugar as you can aside from fruit and run. Make sure you stretch a little prior and drink water all day. Go to walmart and get like 7 gallons of water and drink one a day and re up erry week if possible or clean and refill a few
>>
>>42651425
my parents did this and they lost like 20 lbs with minimal exercise. You should still get a good amount of pt so youre somewhat ready
>>
>>42651450
Your body can be counted as a weapon to fuck you
>>
is that you asian andy??????????????
lil bitch
>>
>>42651412
When I was in the best shape (maxing PT) I did this: 50 pushups, 60 situps then two mile run as FAST AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN WITHOUT DYING, then 50 pushups, 60 situps again. Eating nothing but omlettes, greens and other eggs.
>>
>>42651412
Eat Chicken, Eggs, Spinach, Peppers, oats, Fish, and Broccoli.

Run 3 times a week, and lift three times a week. Avoid being sedentary. Drink lots of water, and avoid sugar and simple carbs.
>>
>>42651412
I also forgot to add, eat nuts as a snack, but stick with almonds and peanuts if you can. Macadamia ,walnuts and pecans are high in fats if at least good fats.
>>
File: betabitch.png (698KB, 972x594px) Image search: [Google]
betabitch.png
698KB, 972x594px
>>42651470
FUCK BETA ANDY AND THAT CANCER FAKING EMILY
>>
>>42651438
holy shit
do not listen to this idiot
>>
>>42651412
>11B
Delayed entry for infantry? They saw you coming from miles away.

Jogging is what you need and eat normal regular meals. Just skip the desserts.
>>
is BMI bullshit or what. i mean i know it is but wow according to the chart im 3 blocks into the yellow (being overweight) but im not fat at all. proportionately i feel like im even thin and small
>>
>>42651412
fuck load of cardio and pushups if it's the british army
>>
>>42651438
>i just want to tone teehee
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.