[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on forcing someone to split to increa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2088.jpg (35KB, 390x292px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2088.jpg
35KB, 390x292px
What are your thoughts on forcing someone to split to increase mobility and flexibility?

https://youtu.be/oEGyP7EJAMA

Video and pic related

Is this /fit/ approved?
>>
>>42635528
they did that to me when I did taekwondo, the best way to live through it is just to breathe deep and focus only on your breating
>>
>>42635528
Nothing wrong with it if the person wants the increased mobility and flexibility, but has too much trouble achieving it on their own. Pain and discomfort is the price that has to be paid for any kind of gains.
>>
>>42635528
I think it's a great way to fuck your shit up.
>>
Its incredibly useless and is only thought to be effective by word of mouth and tradition. Its not how you stretch effectively at all. In males especially, it is possible to get seriously injured just from the attempt. In a particular martial arts dojo in New York I visited they practiced this stupidity in addition to sitting on the heater thinking that constituted a proper warm up
>>
File: 1497677695170.jpg (135KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1497677695170.jpg
135KB, 800x800px
>>42635882
>sitting on the heater thinking that constituted a proper warm up
>>
>>42635882
I meannn, isn't the idea of a warm up to WARM UP your joints? So that the synovial fluid moves around smoothly?
>>
>>42635805
this.

its motherfucking painful but you'll live. and it feels good having flexibility.
>>
>>42637158
Heat increases the rate of chemical reactions and solubility so sitting on a heater might help a little bit but it takes 10 degrees to increase the rate of the reaction by 2 so not a whole lot.
>>
>>42635805
Did this in taekwondo as well but we were not really "forced beyond our limits". Instructor would go around watch us to splits, and stick his foot under your leg and pull you apart a bit more. Did this every warmup until you were almost on the ground, at which point he just forced you to try lying on your stomach
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.