[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly considering giving up squats and deadlifts. I just don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 141881full.jpg (77KB, 693x448px) Image search: [Google]
141881full.jpg
77KB, 693x448px
Honestly considering giving up squats and deadlifts. I just don't care that much about these lifts.

Is there any real downside to abandoning these two movements if I do other work for my lower body? What will I be missing out on?
>>
Well considering they are compound exercises that work multiple muscle groups and allow you to lift an emorous amount of weight, you'll be missing out on a lot

Figure since it's Friday I'll give you a non meme answer
>>
>>42635519
Yeah but physique and general strength wise if I still work those same muscles?
>>
I've been blasting path of exile a lot, so I havent been here often. Is this a new copypasta or some shit? I want to give a serious answer, but I don't want to waste time on b8.
>>
>>42635527
No it's a real question
>>
These are two important lifts and you'll be missing out on a lot. C'mon OP, keep the faith.
>>
>>42635575
I keep hurting my lower back occasionally no matter how much I check my form though. I'm just tired of it and I don't even enjoy them.
>>
>>42635526
Without those two you're basically stuck with isos with the exception of leg presses, and even those won't hit your legs anywhere close too as hard as squats

This is like asking what if I work out my chest without doing bench presses
>>
>>42635488
If you don't want to do them don't do them. Their main benefits if you don't play some form of sport (which I'm going to assume that you don't because of the question that you're asking) are purely because they recruit a shit load of muscle mass and moving a lot of weight is fun.
Just remember to do more direct ab work/lower back work than you used to if you do drop two major compound movements because they're hard.
>>
>>42635590
If you are actually hurting yourself as you say, despite trying to correct form constantly, then probably it's okay to not do them.
>>
>>42635614
Have you tried different forms? Like high bar- low bar - front squats - sumo squats, romanian deadlift, sumo deadlift , etc etc?? Maybe another form is right for you.
>>
>>42635488
squats aren't fun to me only because they require a spotter to do them with free weights. I love deadlifts
>>
>>42635591
You can build a pretty good physique from isolations only is the thing. Compounds being king is really only true if you want to compete in powerlifting/strongman or are lifting to improve athletic performance. Otherwise you're more or less doing low level bodybuilding/physique work which doesn't really have sport specific exercises.
>>42635590
How much direct ab/glute work do you do?
How long have you been lifting and what are your stats (height, weight, lifts, etc.)
>>
File: 1362013808965.jpg (89KB, 720x570px) Image search: [Google]
1362013808965.jpg
89KB, 720x570px
>>42635488
>Is there any real downside to abandoning these two movements
Not unless you are trying to be a powerlifter.

Replace squats with leg press, or Hack squats if your gym has one.

Replace deads with Good mornings, or GHRs
>>
>>42635614
I've tried everything with form. I think my back is just fucked from years of bad posture and lifting at work and stuff. Every 3-4 months I always strain my low back pretty hard and take a little off and im tired of it. I've spent so much time trying to fix my form too to see if anything is wrong
>>
>>42635662
It also kind of hurts if you're tall, usually taller guys have a harder time doing deadlifts and squats. Every individual is different, I'm sure some sports science guy would be measure the ratios of the arms/legs/torso/etc. And some people are just built different internally too.

I just notice lanklets have a rougher time with squats and deadlifts
>>
>>42635662
Yeah, then I think you should do other exercises, your lower back safety should be a priority. There's no problem in not doing deads and squats if your goal is just hypertrophy.
>>
>>42635722
>>42635731
Okay thank you guys I will try different things that maybe work better for me.

Been reading about trapbar deadlifts and they seem useful. Also ill try front squats and stuff. So it's not like ill neglect my lower back if I dont conventional DL or squat..
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.