[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ i wanted to know if this couch to 5k thing would work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1488240786660.jpg (2MB, 4268x3100px) Image search: [Google]
1488240786660.jpg
2MB, 4268x3100px
Hey /fit/ i wanted to know if this couch to 5k thing would work for me (a 17 years old guy that has basically done nothing but sitting in front of a computer for the last 5 years)

Is there any difference between running outside and running on a treadmill ?
>>
cool tip: stop watching anime
>>
>>42634773
yeah, it's a great program that gets you to do progressive interval training in order to build up your endurance. it's really easy to follow and it's only 3 days a week.

treadmill gives you less impact so it's easier on your joints, but most people can't run correctly on them so they wind up bouncing a lot which is one reason why you can run much faster on a treadmill than on a street. go with whichever is most convenient for you, but if you get into longer or more frequent runs you might get bored with a treadmill.
>>
But if I were to do it like four days a week would it be "bad" or not? I mean, the resting days are "needed" or just reccomended?
>>
>>42634960
you will injure yourself if you overdo it. 3 times a week is safe, keep at that rate and reach the 5k mark before you start modifying your training.

Before starting the program, try to jog as far as you can without stopping. I wasted 2 weeks on the c25k program thinking it was overly easy, decided to see how long I could jog and did 5.5km then and there. You might be underestimating yourself.
>>
>>42634773
>tfw I can't visit Emi-chan at Yamaku in real life because I'm in 3D
>>
>>42634773
As someone who is basically in your shoes who is doing the program, I have an important note: running outside is a LOT harder than on treadmill. I had made it to week 8 on treadmill and had to continue outside, but my back and stomach started cramping up way faster and I couldn't settle into a regular pace like usual. Decide right now if you want to just run for runnings sake or if you want to actually do runs all like 5Ks and 10Ks. If it's the latter, run outside.
>>
>>42634773
i ran 4k around 25 minutes for my first time ever doing cardio before i had to stop because my legs were sore as fuck. is this good?
>>
>>42634773
treadmill doesn't use hamstrings, since the ground moves itself beneath you.

just follow the couch to 5k routine if you aren't obese, if you're a fat fuck use an elliptical
>>
>>42634773
Yes it can.
But you should first start with daily hour long walks. For at least two weeks.
As well as a beyond basic calisthenics workout routine.
When you do couch to 5k for the first time and can't complete the second week, redo the previous weeks workout.
Taking a bit longer to progress is a lot better then injuring yourself and not progressing at all.
>>
>>42634773
Running on the treadmill is a lot easier, but it you must run on one then you should use a slight incline, to force you to put a little more effort into staying in one spot on the belt.

C25k is great and I followed it fine. The biggest thing you should worry about is going on ego runs. Only do the amount of time specified even if you feel like you can do more, or you'll burn yourself out and fuck up the next workout because you're too sore or whatever. The same applies to going too fast: I started with 6mph, which is a 10 minute mile. Speed comes with time.

Good luck.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.