[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>see girls at my gym >all of them are trying to train ass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12

File: James-Harrison-Hip-Thrust-STACK.png (412KB, 654x368px) Image search: [Google]
James-Harrison-Hip-Thrust-STACK.png
412KB, 654x368px
>see girls at my gym
>all of them are trying to train ass
>none of them are hip thrusting heavy

Should I say something?
>>
obviously you should.
perfect ice breaker
>>
>>42628937
I'm been seeing more women doing hip thrusts and dead lift variants. I think the meme that squats are the epitome of a butt exercise might be dying.
>>
i see dudes doing it. it's nice. i want to lick their butts.
>>
>>42628937

bulg squats>hip thrust
>>
>>42629803
I do both on leg day. I don't think so sweetie
>>
>>42630005

How would you know which one leaves you more sore if you do both on the same day?
>>
>>42630125
>soreness is growth measurement
>>
>>42630163

Yes it is. Looks like you have nothing to say.
>>
>>42630208
and then you do lift for second time and you dont get sore at all

does it mean you didnt benefit from it at all aswell?
>>
>>42628937
My experience of talking to girls at the gym

>"Hey I see you're trying to squat and I'm really concerned for your back. Try and keep it straight, or else you might injure yourself"
>Responds with a glare

another one

>"Oh wait proper deadlift, I know this! I can show you! The way your doing it might leave you with a herniated disc - you dont want that!"
>"Uh can you not talk to me?"

>"Watch out when doing those lat pull downs! If you do it behind your head you might cause wearing of the cartilage and pulling of muscles in the shoulder cuff - this can be difficult to fix. If you don't mind I can show you the proper technique :)"
>"Please stop, I already have a boyfriend"

And that's why I don't talk to girls anymore at the gym. They think everything is about them and the fact that they have a vagina. Nobody takes any of my knowledge (7 years gym + 2 years medical school) seriously.

Whenever a more gym saavy pro comes to me and offers advice I usually take it, at least hear what he has to say even if it's bro science. Fucking females mostly just want to be seen at the gym, via snapchats and instagram because it's the trend these days which also associates with every male that comes up no matter the reason to be considered a creep. Yeah, no I'm out.
>>
>>42630226

Looks like you are not lifting heavy enough. Also, do more reps if you want your ass to grow.
>>
>>42630265
how much you deadlift buddy
>>
>>42628937
Hypertrophy would be better

10-12 reps
>>
>>42630260
That's because you sound like a pretentious douche, not because they are insulted you are talking to them. Try not to sound like you are talking to children when speaking to adults.
>>
>>42630260
no shit dude, women are bitchy insecure moneyloving whores, you should treat them as such
>>
>>42630125
Op here. Bulgarians only hit the maximus and don't really overload every glute muscle like a hip thrust would.
>>
>>42630316
Stop being a white Knight pussy
>>
>>42630260
>Oh wait proper deadlift, I know this! I can show you!

oh wow, is this how you communicate? reminds me of the "whoops! you seem to have made a post with a tripcode!" copypasta
>>
>>42630383
>"Oh wait proper deadlift, I know this! I can show you! The way your doing it might leave you with a herniated disc - you dont want that!"
Most people speak to two year-olds or pets like that.
>>
>>42630260
>unironically trying to help women
>actually caring about whether they get injured
>in the current year of our Lord 2k17 anno domini
shiggy diggy doo
>>
>>42630260
Is this pasta? Who even gives unsolicited advice at the gym?
>>
>>42630260
jesus christ you sound like a gigantic numale. like some sort of "I'm so quirky and awkward" tumblrfag
>>
>>42630316
lol wtf? How do I do that? I don't see what I'm doing wrong. Please give a specific example and rephrase me so I don't sound patronizing.

>>42630388
More or less yeah

>>42630587
Well, not anymore

>>42630623
Have you ever been to one?

>>42630758
:}
>>
>>42630758
This. Here's a better way.
>go up to the girl while she's taking an instagram pic
>put on best cockney accent
>just yell at her out of the blue, call her a dim cunt, tell her to just leave before the owner sues her for misusing gym equipment
there's a 90% chance she'll cry, girls are fucking emotional and shit at managing their emotions. then you can just hold her and teach her the proper way, or assfuck her in the women's room or something. works.
>>
What is the best isolated exercise for gluteus medius?
>>
>>42630951
I don't know, what?
>>
>>42628937
lmao today at the gym while I was doing some light squats there was a girllet who did leg presses next to me

the thing itself is 80kg I think but she came over to my squat rack to grab two 2.5kg plates. lol why the hell would anyone do that. then she did hanging bar squats with an empty 10kg bar

I just dont get women. what the hell is wrong with them. well at least she was doing free weights. usually there are 0 women in the free weights area, theyre all doing zumba, yoga, endurance and other bullshit
>>
>>42630388
>>42630758
hahahhaha nigga got shat on
>>
File: 1385381099458.jpg (43KB, 720x564px) Image search: [Google]
1385381099458.jpg
43KB, 720x564px
>>42628937
>Should I say something?
please do; post results
>>
>>42630260
cute

I wouldnt mind working out with someone like you, who constantly harasses me about my form and makes sure I dont injure myself again
>>
>>42628937
>Lunges
>Split Squats
>Hip thrusts

The mirror neurons in my glutes are making me sore already.
>>
>>42630260
>see group of girls doing lat pulldowns
>theyre jumping out of their seat as the bar goes up and forcefully pulling it down with a crash
>go up and explain to and show them how to do it properly and why they should care
>they just nod as i talk and look at me
>gtfo as soon as im done helping and go back to my lifts
>months later
>different tells me that those girls have crushes on me
Just be respectful but forceful. Make it clear all you want to do is help and then gtfo back to your lifts. They probbaly think youre just trying to check them out
>>
but anon kun, i dont want to get bulky
>>
>>42630260
You just sound like an insecure faggot

Don't be friendly, be helpful and concise
>>
>>42630260
t. guy who made all of this up and has never been to a gym
>>
>>42631298

What does actually t. sand for?
>>
>>42630260
Where do people who write these kinds of stories live?
Sometimes I'm glad I live in Brazil. It maybe a 3rd world shithole but people are very warm and polite towards strangers, this would never happen here.
>>
>>42630282
More than you
>>
>>42630903
man I want to try this sometime when there's no risk of consequences. Like just walk up to some stranger, and start yelling out random insults until she's completely scared and bawling her eyes out. Going on a holiday this Christmas, might try it then, wish me luck
>>
>>42631164
show face pic
>>
>>42631791
>posting face to 4chan
In this case I think it's moreso about just being clear with your intentions. The guy i responded to seems to gives the impression that he's just trying to flirt with the girls instead of helping them. In my story all i did was just tell them what they could do better and why they should care instead of trying to be friendly or anything like that. I just didnt want to see someone get injured
>>
File: Screenshot_168.jpg (122KB, 495x914px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_168.jpg
122KB, 495x914px
>>42630208
Lifting every 24hrs. maximizes MPS.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8563679

MPB should be overwhelmed by MPS.
>[pic]

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/henkin6yy.htm
>>
>>42630260
HAHAHAA shit man I just picture you look like some sort of infomercial cartoon. Oh wait a sec kids, running with scissors is dangerous!
>>
>>42632943
Roided out bodybuilders went to school to make their broscience sound more believable.
>>
>>42628937
>Should I say something?

No, because you don't know shit about hip thrusts.

Although it's a compound lift, you are training glutes, if you go too heavy you'll start recruiting your legs and since glutes are not properly trained your body will rely on quads and hamstrings due to muscle imbalances.

That's why you don't go heavy, just enough to keep the glutes firing and actually focusing them and not transferring the load to another muscle group, which is what your body is accustomed to do and will do if you go for a 1RM or something heavy like that

If you don't believe me, go on and read Bret Contreras articles about it
>>
>>42630623
>Who even gives unsolicited advice at the gym?
If your form is off a lot of people will.
I had a bunch of people walk up to me and give me advice or tell me it's great that I decided to get in shape when I started going to the gym.

>back when I was 17
>full blown Auschwitz mode
>2nd or 3rd time at the gym
>doing curls
>swole mid 20s dude walks up to me
>tells me that he looked just like me when he started out
>drops a few words of encouragement and that I just have to keep coming to the gym and also work on my diet
>felt like quitting 2 weeks later but didn't because of what the dude told me about persistence

It's kind of weird that a few simple sentences from a random dude at the gym helped me redeem myself in my last year of high school.
I would have missed out on a lot of nice experiences hadn't I listened to him and ended up a lot healthier and self confident.
>>
>>42631397
Usually in the US. Do remember that the amount of creeps and idiots is high considering they have over 350 million people there, and they also blame everybody else for their social awkwardness.

I strongly agree with other anons, unsolicited advice from a know-it-all is always upsetting
>>
>>42630260
Lol, I don't care if this is bait or not, you reminded me of 3PO with a stringer and basketball shorts
>>
>>42628937
real? all women and i mean ALL WOMEN at my gyms routine is this

squats, hipthrusts, lunges, then finish workout with some wierd yoga/pilates/stretching shit on exercise balls
>>
>>42630824
>If you do it behind your head you might cause wearing of the cartilage and pulling of muscles in the shoulder cuff - this can be difficult to fix.

You talk like a pamphlet.
>>
>>42633465
Yeah only thing women are good at it in fitness, is fitnessing my dick in their squat ass
>>
File: 1420167171868.jpg (29KB, 960x913px) Image search: [Google]
1420167171868.jpg
29KB, 960x913px
>>42633553
>is fitnessing my dick in their squat ass
>fitnessing my dick
3/10
>>
>>42629803
what about lunges?
>>
>>42628937
If you aren't offering every girl you see a chance to hip thrust you, I guarentee you aren't going to make it.
>>
>>42631164
Real advice. Thank you stranger
>>
>>42631397
This is eastern europe
>>
>>42633414
I never wear the string bro
>>
>>42630260
You talk like a retard, perhaps that was the problem
>>
>>42630951
Volleyball dumass
>>
File: IMG_3026.jpg (57KB, 751x418px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3026.jpg
57KB, 751x418px
>>42630260
>unsolicited advice
>>
So for leg day I do DLs and squats OR hip thrusts. Is it ok to do both or is it pointless/overtraining?
>>
File: hedgey-is-a-ok-57f2d71092a97.jpg (25KB, 344x500px) Image search: [Google]
hedgey-is-a-ok-57f2d71092a97.jpg
25KB, 344x500px
>>42630260
Why are you guys so mad at him?
I really like when people give me advice in the gym. I'm not a grill though.
>>
>>42634563
because he thinks the people he's giving advice to react poorly to advice in general rather than understanding the problem is his delivery
>>
>>42631397
>sister-in-law is from Brazil
>her parents are rich and own 4 homes
>go to Teresina and some other cities for a 1 month vacation

Summary of my 4 weeks in Brazil
>robbed at gunpoint at night club
>stopped at stoplight, car jacked at gunpoint
>little kid threatened to stab me if I didn't give him all of my money
>sister-in-law's mother owns and runs a school
>a student of her school was shot and killed while leaving the school while I was there
>the kid was autistic and in a wheel chair and he was shot because a guy was trying to rob him and the kid didn't have any money
>homeless drug addicts everywhere
>crazy guy tackled me on the beach and fought me for my Iphone, I won
>food poisoning from crab legs
>brother got hepatitis from eating raw oysters
>I hate raw oysters so I didn't get it
>I had amazing sweaty sex with the hottest girl that I've ever seen in person and she didn't speak a word of English so that was pretty great

I had been to Brazil in the early 2000's and it was amazing. Your country is an absolute shit hole. People there are not warm and polite towards strangers. They assault and rob strangers because Brazil is a fucking wild pig pen full of cannibals now.
>>
File: 1340035889729.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1340035889729.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
>>42630260
>have girl come up to me on deadlift day
>asks me to critique her form
>wonder why shes asking me when a guy twice my size is deadlifting right next to me
>tell her im not good at coaching and put headphones back in
did i do good brehs
>>
>>42634664
>I had amazing sweaty sex with the hottest girl that I've ever seen
how
>>
>>42634701
2 steps
>walk out of plane
>have more than 40 dollars in your pocket
>>
>>42634664
>They assault and rob strangers
*Tourists
>>
>>42634665
you absolute fucking retard
>>
File: glutes and hamstrings.png (174KB, 1324x870px) Image search: [Google]
glutes and hamstrings.png
174KB, 1324x870px
>>42630951
>>
glute pump is the best pump
my ass feels great right now
>>
>>42631343
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/t--2
>>
>>42630208

>thinking that DOMS = muscle growth

holy shit i knew /fit/ didn't lift but god damn
>>
>>42633269

this is a good story anon and if you ever run into that guy again you should thank him and share that story with him.
>>
>>42630442
>implying it is not optimal to treat women like children
>>
>>42634665
COMMIT SUDOKU
>>
>>42634665
You weren't ready. By the time you are ready you will have entered creepmode so you lose either way. Life aint fair bro i know.
>>
>>42634664

The north of Brazil is a shithole. I'm from South America and nobody from here goes there for a vacation. Maybe Salvador but that's it. The tourist destinations are Rio and the south.

What I'm trying to tell you is that you sister-in-law must hate you.
>>
>>42630260
What the fuck is wrong with men? If a girl is trying to do HER exercises in the gym she doesn't need YOUR stupid opinion. All you are trying to do is promote and image of male superiority by talking down to her.

Kindly go fuck yourself :-)
>>
>>42630951
Bad girl machine
>>
>>42636248

Thank you bro
>>
>>42634664
>she didn't speak a word of English so that was pretty great

So...escalation from dancing at a club?
>>
>>42636395
Most gyms are lucky if they have one women in there at any given time who actually is proficient at non-meme exercises. I don't ever think I have seen two stud chicks hanging out let alone working out together. So naturally the only ones around to help are men. They help other men too they usually just dont want to see you get hurt and also watching someone do something with horrible form who obviously had no one to teach them right is cringe as fuck.
>>
It hurts to hip thrust even with a squat sponge

Or am I just doing it wrong?
>>
Whats the best routine for glute mass building as fast as possible... I've been training my ass for like 2 years and I haven't seen like any progress. I have a personal trainer and I've tried strong curves and hip thrusts. What would be a good 5 day glute workout program

help i'm desperate and been cucked by so many girls with fat asses
>>
>>42636624

Are you sure you are eating enough?
>>
>>42636624
Squat, Lunge, Hip Abduction, Stair Climber/Sprints.
>>
>>42636644
yeah but it seems like its all going into my quads instead of my glutes, making my ass look actually smaller
>>
File: high test.jpg (606KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
high test.jpg
606KB, 1242x2208px
>>42636742
So obviously you need to cut back the quad training volume and increase the ham/glute volume to find a balance. Less squats more this>>42636687
>>
>>42636248
what a shitty chart

no deadlift? I guarantee you deadlift is the best exercise that exists for glutes and hams with highest muscle activation
>>
>>42633465
As opposed to guys who have varied and unique routines? You all do the same shit too, fuck off.
>>
>>42636541
probably a hooker
>>
>>42637428
>You all
(you)
>>
>>42637425
>deadlift is the best exercise that exists for glutes
lel no, it's GHR or BGB if no bench
>>
File: Formula.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Formula.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>42636624
Hypertrophy (size)
>>
>>42630260
>doing cable pull downs
>qt next to me doing lat pulldowns
>uber Chad comes up to her and tries correcting her form
>she shoots him a glare and just says "Ok"
>Chad tells her he was just trying to help and that she shouldn't be such a bitch
>leaves and never see him again

Not even Chad is safe
>>
>>42630208
>Pls be memeing
This has been debunked over and over. Soreness is a product of the eccentric phase of a novel movement. Doing something for the first time in a while will get you sore, it literally doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>42640466

>implying you only get sore he first time

I'm always sore
>>
>>42632943
>bodybuilding.com
>>
>>42641832
..Is the least of points there.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.